door

Espresso Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With one hand clamping over , Hitomi holds back her sob from escaping past her lips. Her other hand, shaking just as uncontrollably, is holding the doorknob of the bathroom door desperately as if her life depends on it.

 

"Tomi-ah, open the door please."

 

Shiver runs down her spine. Her knees lose their strength, making Hitomi slowly slump against the floor, but still with her hand over the doorknob, making sure it's locked.

 

Knock. Once. Twice.

 

"Open the door," Minjoo's voice is as sweet as honey. Sickeningly sweet, to hide the poison. Her voice might be gentle and sweet, but the last time Hitomi saw her in the kitchen, Minjoo was holding a knife.

 

"Hitomi, open the door," Hitomi holds back another sob, fear creeping all over her body. Minjoo maintains her sweet and gentle voice, but she can tell that there's an edge in her tone. That only means one thing.

 

Minjoo is losing her patience.

 

"Hitomi," she growls, wildly twisting the door and banging the door. "Open the door please," she says again, but the slight edge on her voice disappeared, her voice turning soft, almost like a whine. "I'm sorry, can we talk? Can we not fight anymore please?"

 

"No..." Hitomi sobs, shaking her head. Her eyes are wide with fear, scared that the door will suddenly burst open. "No... You'll kill me... You'll kill me..."

 

"I won't."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter