Minhyun

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Needless to say, the student president healed up in no time. There were still slight pains from time to time but he managed to keep them down with painkillers, trying his best not to consume too many either. He had told Baekho to meet him at a street name instead of heading to their date location together. Baekho wanted to argue since he worried about the other going alone but Minhyun reassured him that he would have his phone by his side at all times before Baekho shows up.

So there the shorter of the two was, checking if he looked good enough for a date. He didn't know what to wear frankly but he didn't want to look too underdressed or overdressed since this was Min he was talking about. He wanted to look great. He picked out a v neck long sleeve black shirt in the end, going with the casual cool look. He styled his hair a little and smiled at the mirror, wondering if he looked stupid instead but honestly what could go wrong. He left the house and took a taxi to the location instead since it was near town and there were no direct trains there. He texted Minhyun to see if he was there yet and patiently waited for his reply.

'Here and ready. You?'

'In the taxi. On the way. Give or take 15 minutes.'

'Okay.'

Baekho got down the taxi and walked the rest of the way on foot. He looked around, trying to find for Minhyun or well, Min. His eyes stopped looking when he saw him, clad in a black sweater that matched his white shirt. He also wore a small necklace to add to the look with his slightly wavy black hair that Baekho now knew was a wig and the face mask that covered the bottom half of his face. Somehow he felt his body halt all his movements. Its been awhile since he saw Minhyun in that getup that Baekho felt utterly nervous. It was almost as if he was finally meeting his crush again after being unable to see them for years. A crush that he still had feelings for, of course. He approached Min and smiled so brightly that he felt like his gums would probably start hurting if he smiled any more.

"Min," He said and Min looked up from the ground. His eyes became crescent shaped again as he smiled and Baekho felt butterflies just going wild in his stomach. There was just something about Minhyun when he was Min that really made Baekho feel weak in his knees, not that the original didn't. Min pulled out his phone and typed on it before showing Baekho the screen.

'I can at least talk, right?'

Baekho chuckled and nodded. "Yes, please do." Baekho held out his hand as Min kept his phone but he pulled out his other hand that he had been hiding behind his back, revealing a small bouquet of roses. There were several different colors and Min shrugged.

"I wasn't sure which to pick so... I got a few," He spoke through the mask. It muffled his voice a little but Baekho could still hear him. He knew it was Minhyun by heart but somehow hearing his voice in Min's get up made him even more excited and jumpy.

"Thank you. This makes me so happy, you have no idea!" Baekho squeaked, so delighted that his hard work was paying off in the best way possible as he took the flowers from Min. "These are lovely."

"They're for the loveliest person I know after all."

Baekho tried to stop himself from smiling but he really couldn't. He turned rosy red as well as he held Min's hand and felt giddy all over from his head to toe, almost like he was drunk but in the best most euphoric way possible. Min wrapped his fingers around Baekho's and they started walking down the walkway.

"Since we can't really do much activities or ride bicycles with my body like this, I thought we would just do cafe hopping close by. This area has a lot of them," Min explained his plan for the day and Baekho nodded, a little too out of it to be listening closely. "Baek, you okay?"

"Hmm? Mhmmm...," Baekho mumbled in response, face stuck in a smiling expression as he hid a little behind the flowers. "I feel so loved right now."

Min blinked and held back a laugh. "But I do love you."

Baekho gasped and leaned his head against his already boyfriend's shoulder. "You love me as Min as well?"

"Yes, yes I do." Min nudged their noses together and Baekho ended up giggling uncontrollably.

"I love you too, Min."

They took pictures, brisk walked and just enjoyed their day together overall. Min pulled down his mask to eat and that only made Baekho all bouncy in his seat. To him, it was like some big revelation even if he already knew it. It felt like Min was opening the doors to his world and letting him completely merge with Minhyun. Minhyun was Min and Min was Minhyun. Baekho accepted it and honestly, he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter