Wheelchair

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days, the boyfriends were pretty much stuck in the hospital. Or at least, Minhyun was. Baekho was discharged the same day at the North hospital since his injuries weren't that serious but he stayed overnight to care for Minhyun who could barely move the first two days. He also brought over paper work for the other to do despite wanting him to rest or pay more attention to him instead. Baekho pouted as Minhyun typed on some details out on the laptop. He tapped the table that the laptop was on until the student president stopped to see what the matter was. 

 

"Are you bored?" Minhyun asked and Baekho glanced at him. 

 

"Why wouldn't I be? You just keep looking at the laptop," Baekho complained and Minhyun smiled, reaching over to ruffle his hair. "Hey!" 

 

"I'm sorry for being so busy. I really do want to give you my attention too," Minhyun sighed as he slid his laptop aside to lean his head on the desk beside Baekho's. Baekho puckered his lips and Minhyun inched forward to kiss him. Baekho smiled just a tiny bit although he knew he still wasn't satisfied yet. He moved his hand and caught Minhyun's neck, moving upwards to deepen the kiss. Minhyun winced since his lip still hadn't quite healed up properly but he didn't want to break the kiss either. Baekho's tongue slid across Minhyun's bottom lip, feeling the cut as Minhyun parted his lips to let him in. Their kiss was cut short when the door opened without warning, causing both teenagers to be flustered as Ms. Hwang stepped in. She eyed the blushing boys and just chuckled. 

 

"Did I walk in on something again?" she asked apologetically. 

 

"N-no!" Baekho squeaked and waved his hands frantically. Minhyun didn't say anything as he hissed internally for being disrupted by his mother again. 

 

"Good news. You can discharge tonight but of course, that doesn't mean you can do all sorts of heavy lifting and... You know what else," she said while eyeing both boys who turned embarrassed. 

 

"We won't, mum," Minhyun said while hiding his face. 

 

"I know. Just reminding you two." She smiled and refilled the glass of water for Minhyun even though he was capable of doing it himself by now. "I'll be working the late shift today since two of the nurses are unavailable. Can I trust you to bring Minhyun home, Baekho?" 

 

Baekho lifted his brows and nodded. "Of course! I'll be sure to bring him home safe and sound." 

 

"Thank you. You already did it once so I trust you'll be able to do it again." 

 

Baekho grinned and held Minhyun's hand when the other moved them away from his face. 

 

¬¬¬

 

Wrapped in a warm blanket were both Baekho and Minhyun as they snuggled against one another after Baekho had brought his boyfriend back home. They did take a taxi that Ms. Hwang hailed before she went back to work so they were definitely saved from the trouble of having to possibly walk home.

 

"Do I get to push you around in the wheelchair like you did for me?" Baekho asked since their one week break was nearing an end.

 

"Hmmm.... No. I'll probably use crutches."

 

"Aww but wouldn't it hurt?" Baekho asked and pursed his lips.

 

"I don't want to trouble you."

 

"It's no trouble at all! You did it for me after all," Baekho huffed and Minhyun leaned his head against his boyfriend's.

 

"That's because I wanted to."

 

"Well, I want to too! Won't you let me?" Baekho glanced up at the taller male whose eyes were closed.

 

"If that's what you want..."

 

"Do you want to sleep? You should rest," Baekho whispered, seeing how Minhyun look like he was about to fall asleep at any given moment.

 

"I should but I haven't been able to hang out with you properly this entire break," Minhyun said while yawning.

 

"We still have the date," Baekho reminded him and smiled. Minhyun chuckled and nodded.

 

"Right. I think I would be able to check the results by tomorrow."

 

"Eh? Wait. Hold up. You get to see our results first?"

 

Minhyun nodded and peeked at Baekho. "I am the one who has to put it up so of course I would be able to view it first."

 

Baekho squealed softly. "Then wouldn't that mean we would be able to go on the date after checking the results?"

 

Minhyun frowned though and he gripped Baekho's hand. "But I don't want to be in a wheelchair or crutches on our date... I want to hold your hand and walk by your side."

 

Baekho giggled and poked Minhyun's nose. "We could always go for another date after you heal." Minhyun scrunched his nose up and smiled, nodding after that.

 

"Baekho..."

 

"Mmm?"

 

"Thank you for coming for me," Minhyun said softly. Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter