Skates

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyun wasn't really sure what a date should be like so while he was planning, he really didn't know what to search for. After their lunch, he had brought Baekho to a shopping street. Baekho didn't know how to respond but his eyes were distracted by the many things that were sold around the area. He saw a pair of swag sunglasses and put it on, laughing as he saw himself in the mirror. Minhyun snapped a picture of him, freaking the other out but he chose to see it too. 

 

"I look stupid," Baekho chuckled and took it off. "Delete it." 

 

"No," Minhyun replied in a serious tone. Baekho gasped as he put the glasses down. 

 

"Come on. Don't do that. Delete it," Baekho whined and grabbed Minhyun's shirt, shaking him. Minhyun smiled and kept his phone. 

 

"No. I like it." Minhyun moved on to the next shop before Baekho could attempt to take his phone away. 

 

"Hey!" Baekho rushed up to him with his lower lip jutting out. "Don't walk so fast. You and your long legs!" 

 

Minhyun didn't slow down though so Baekho caught up to him and grabbed his arm, clinging onto him instead. Thus successfully slowing him down forcefully. Minhyun gasped when he was pulled down to Baekho's height instead, trying to balance himself. "Hey, let go. I'm going to fall." 

 

"No! You're walking too fast for me. This is the only way I can make you slow down," Baekho said without realising that people were staring at the two males who were now arm in arm. Baekho didn't even notice as he continued walking to his pace now, randomly pointing out at things and telling Minhyun what he thought about them. Minhyun wondered if he was doing this on purpose. He was not calm at all at this point. His hands were clammy and he was even starting to sweat a little just from the sheer thought that they were acting like actual boyfriends now. He knew this was a date but he wasn't expecting Baekho to actually go all out considering how afraid he still was to even look him in the eye yet he couldn't bring himself to mention it since Baekho seemed to be enjoying it. If Minhyun hadn't known how lonely he was, he would have thought Baekho just liked shopping. "Those are so cute! They're like little ." 

 

Minhyun's concentration suddenly broke when Baekho said that. He whipped his head over and noticed that they were indeed little squishables. "Baekho... They are little ..." 

 

"Oh. Oh what?! Holy crap." Baekho dragged Minhyun closer to look at them. He even poked it and it squished. Baekho almost squealed from how adorable he thought it was albeit weird. "Minhyun, this is probably the weirdest thing I've seen." 

 

"Pretty sure there are weirder things," Minhyun mumbled but he found Baekho's fascination funny and cute. "Do you want one?" 

 

"What? Hell no." He laughed and started dragging the tall male away now, using his arm as a handle to bring the male wherever he pleased. Minhyun didn't mind although his heart still wouldn't calm down. "So what else is there around here?" They were already nearing the end of the street after all. 

 

"There's a roller skating park nearby if you want to check that out. Or else, there's also a dessert shop we can go to that's not too far from the train station." 

 

"What if we go to the park and then the shop later?" 

 

"You.. you want to go to both?" 

 

"Yeah! I mean, we are spending the whole day together right?" Baekho asked with a bright smile as he turned to face Minhyun almost too casually. Minhyun let their eyes meet and let it linger until Baekho eventually nervously looked away. His arms also loosened up as if he just noticed what he had been doing for the past 20 minutes. 

 

"Yeah... I guess so. Don't let go now," Minhyun said as he held Baekho's hand that was attempting to unhook itself. 

 

"B-but-" 

 

"I don't mind if people look at us. That's why I chose to come here. No one would recognise us, Baekho. You don't have to worry about anything." 

 

"Ah... Are you sure?" Baekho asked sheepishly. 

 

"Yes. I like that you're clinging onto me." 

 

¬¬¬

 

Famous last words, Hwang Minhyun. 

 

Baekho couldn't stop laughing as he watched the student president try to navigate his way on the roller skates, his back bent forward as he couldn't balance himself. Minhyun was now the one clutching onto Baekho's arm tightly until Baekho swore his muscles were definitely going to be numb later on but he didn't push the other away or asked him to let go either since he was find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter