Tonfa

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He took low breaths as he approached the menacing group of people. Some took notice of him and one of them in particular started yelling out orders. Baekho could tell this will probably be way different from all his other fights. Why? Because he was going to attack first and without mercy. He reached to the back of his belt, holding the tonfa he had brought along as a weapon that could hurt but not kill. He had a knife too but he kept it hidden for now. He pulled out the tonfa and charged towards the nearest male who was unarmed. No one in their right mind would try to go against a metal weapon without any so the male dodged it but Baekho's mind started running on autopilot and he was already swinging the tonfa, connecting it towards the other's chin harshly to knock him out.

 

Seungwoo gaped at how fast Baekho was trying to knock them all out. It reminded him of Minhyun always fighting to protect them. He recalled how Minhyun would teach him how to protect himself too. 

 

"Aim for the chin if you're shorter than them. Aim for the temple if you're taller or if you're capable at throwing a punch. If you're kicking, the neck works too. I don't really recommend this other method but if all else fails, aim for their throat or eyes."

 

"But I don't want to fight."

 

"No one actually wants to fight unless they like fighting. This is just for self protection, Seungwoo. For yourself..."

 

"But you fight, don't you?"

 

"For you and the rest, I do."

 

"Why don't you tell them that?"

 

"I don't think that would change their opinion of me. Plus at a school like ours, it's better if they don't hang out with someone of bad rep. I'm thankful that you're willing to still talk to me after what I've done."

 

"You are protecting us after all."

 

Baekho threw another over his back and grabbed the baseball bat out from their arm, swinging and letting it go as it hit another in the face. Baekho panted. How many more before he could even reach the entrance? He counted 5 and all around him was a sea of black blazers. He panted, feeling the tension in his muscle as he breathed. The front doors opened though and someone walked out.

 

"Stop. Let him through," the male said and the 5 still standing quickly stepped aside. Baekho knew this was like walking directly into a trap but he didn't care. Baekho let out a bated breath and entered. His eyes focused on Yoon the moment he stepped right through. Surrounding him were more gang members and laying there with bloody clothes and battered body was the person Baekho was doing all this for. The East High teenager gripped the tonfa tightly to hold back his anger and agony as he saw how terribly hurt Minhyun was. Probably even worse than when he had been captured by the other gang. His face all the way to his legs had bruises and cuts of all shapes and length. His clothes were in tatters and barely held together by the ropes that were tightly secured around him. Baekho swallowed the lump in his throat, eyes seeing red and chest thumping like there was a thunderstorm raging from within. He wanted to charge at Yoon and sink the end of his tonfa right in the other's face but he held back, knowing there was more to this whole ploy.

 

Yoon clapped his hands and smiled with a carefree mood. Baekho hated, despised, loathed how everything was just a game to him. He could get away with anything and that had made him a monster unlike any other Baekho had went against. It made his knees want to buckle but he stood strong.

 

"So glad to see you could make it and you actually did find us. Did you get help?" Yoon chuckled and that was when Minhyun parted his eyelids weakly. The moment his eyes met his boyfriend's, Minhyun's became filled with terror and he squirmed, trying to move despite the pain. Yoon stretched his hand out and rolled the wincing Minhyun onto his back. "Where do you think you're going?"

 

Baekho hissed and bared his teeth. "Don't touch him." Yoon laughed and raised his arms mockingly.

 

"Oh boy. You sure have one overprotective boyfriend," Yoon said playfully with a grin. Baekho gulped and tightened his grip on the tonfa. He needed to get Minhyun out of here but how? How was he going to get to Minhyun before he get socked down by the sheer amount of members in the place? "Well, since you're here, why don't you make a choice now?"

 

Baekho's eyes darted around the place. "Where's Jonghyun?"

 

Yoon sighed and rolled his head. "Can't you ever just do as you're asked to?"

 

"No. I'm not going to make a choice until I see both of them."

 

Just as Yoon signalled someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter