Bandaid

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And it was.

Baekho and Minhyun had absolutely no interaction other than the accidental glimpses they would give one another in the morning but nothing more than that. Baekho couldn't help but feel himself gradually become more irritated that this was how Minhyun was going to treat him. A week had gone by with the silent treatment and Baekho concluded that Minhyun wasn't going to take the first step in breaking the ice between them. He was going to have to do it but he found himself unable to either because that would mean he forgive Minhyun for having lied to him all this while. Has he though? Probably. Baekho wasn't really one to hold a grudge for long. He was incapable of doing that. A day or two was his limit. But has he gotten over it? No. That was something he was capable of lamenting for years maybe. If they didn't do something about it.

It was the start of a new week but the end of the school day which meant another day had gone with Minhyun ignoring him like he didn't even exist. Baekho was fuming so when a gangster from some other school had approached him to fight, Baekho did not hesitate this time. He was so mad, his anger having been suppressed exploded that he just started to punch the living hell out of the troubleseeker. Blood tainted his fists as he found it hard for himself to hold back this time around.

"Why. Won't. You. All. Leave me the hell alone?!!" Baekho yelled  as the male fell onto the ground, crying and pleading Baekho to stop. Baekho panted and grabbed him by the collar, pulling him up. "What have I ever done to you before this?! Nothing! So stop finding for me to fight! I don't want to fight you guys!"

"Please stop. I promise not to do this anymore."

"Oh yeah?! And have you ever thought or consider about how I would feel about this? You approached me for a goddamn fight first," Baekho hissed while letting the guy go. Baekho panted, breathing in heavily to try to cool down. The male continued sobbing and clutching his nose that was probably barely hanging in place with how intense Baekho's punches were earlier. He glared at the guy, feeling apologetic for having dump his anger onto him but it was his fault for trying to pick a fight first or else Baekho wouldn't have done something like that. "You. Tell me... Everything you know... About... Hwang Minhyun."

"W-who?"

Baekho gritted his teeth and leaned downwards, causing the guy to flinch and cower in fear. "Hwang. Min. Hyun."

"T-the f-fox of the N-North?"

Baekho raised a brow. He didn't know if that was the title Minhyun had but he vaguely recall the other calling him a fox before so he nodded. "Yeah that guy."

"I-I don't know m-much about him! But I do k-know he can beat up 30 guys by himself. And uh... He's missing from the North. I don't really know anything else about him."

Baekho sighed and cracked his knuckles, making the poor frightened male flinch.

"A-and I know that there was some accident that happened between his friends and his old gang too."

"What accident?" Baekho asked, his expression softening as he didn't want to scare the other even more. He knew how it was like to be on the other end.

"I don't know... I don't want anything to do with the fox of the North. I just heard it from some other guys."

"Okay... Sorry for beating you up, man. Just... Just stop finding me for fights. I don't even like fighting, to be honest," Baekho sighed in a tired tone and the other nodded.

"Someone actually paid me to do this today so... I'm sorry too."

Baekho was surprised to hear that but he decided to let the fellow go. Someone paid a gangster to find trouble with him? Baekho was confused again and he groaned because all he has been feeling recently was confusion and surprise.

During the night, his hand found itself clicking into the chat he shared with Min. He stared at the last message sent by Min and pursed his lips. He thought again and again if he should text Minhyun. Get some proper closure or maybe even an explanation would be nice. But he ended up tossing his phone aside and groaning. He just couldn't bring himself to do it. He didn't know why either.

¬¬¬

Minhyun couldn't stand this. Not talking to Baekho and still have to see him every morning felt like someone was clawing against his skin and trying to pull him by the hair ends towards the other. But until Baekho says

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter