Ice Cream

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyun was starting to get worried at this point. What if someone had attacked him again? He checked his phone for any messages but there was none. He got up, feeling restless and hurried down the path Baekho would usually take to the park. He came to a stop when he saw the awkward male trying to help an old lady. Minhyun blinked and an old memory sparked in his mind.

¬¬¬

It was roughly two years ago when Minhyun had first saw Baekho. A little after they had both shifted to the same school. Minhyun would often disguised himself and went around quiet areas, finding for the school bullies and beat them up. This was before he was the student president and it was his way of making sure the bullies knew how it was like to be on the receiving end. He had just finished teaching another a lesson and was walking out from the alley when he heard a couple of yells.

"Thief! Thief!!"

Minhyun noticed someone running away clutching onto a bag. He was about to give chase when someone literally dive kicked the thief into the ground. Minhyun was startled and took a step back to just keep an eye on the situation instead. The person who had done such a dramatic move looked about his age, hair blonde and untidy uniform. The bag was snatched away from the thief and the student stood up breathing in heavily. Minhyun tilted his head. Even though his uniform wasn't neat, Minhyun could still tell that they were from the same school.

"Ma'am, I got your bag," the student had said but the shrieking lady continued panicking, thinking that the student wanted to take it for some odd reason. Minhyun guessed it was because of the way he looked. Like a total gangster, that is. The boy seemed flustered and Minhyun almost felt bad for him when the lady hit him. "Aish! Just take it."

The student shoved the bag back into the lady's hand and quickly ran off, picking up his own school bag from the ground. Minhyun was intrigued then and had followed the student. He watched as the other would glue himself to the windows of pastry and dessert shops, drooling over the freshly baked goods or the mouthwatering cakes. Minhyun wondered if the other didn't have cash to buy any or he just liked to torture himself with the look of food. Minhyun continued following the other and heard a sudden yelp. He looked up and noticed a bucket toppling over. He was about to yell out for the student to watch out but he was a step too late when the water spilled out and splashed the poor student, drenching him from head to toe. The pail hit the ground and rolled off innocently. Minhyun gasped and wondered if he should offer a helping hand but there wasn't much he could do too. He watched the student hissed and looked up.

"Watch out, man! You could have hurt someone else!"

Then the now grumpy student walked off again after removing his outer coat and slid his hair up. They continued walking down the street and Minhyun wondered if the other wasn't going home to get out from his wet clothes yet. He would probably catch a cold this way. Then they came across a box and there was an abandoned kitten inside. The student stopped and bent down, showing a pitiful look on his face as he reached down and patted the mewing kitten. Minhyun felt a thump in his chest but he ignored it as he continued staring at the male who got up and headed to a nearby convenience store. He bought a sausage and fed the kitten by hand too.

"This ... I live in an apartment so I can't bring you home," He heard the male say since he wasn't standing too far away. "Maybe I should drop you off at a nearby vet and hope for the best, right?"

And that was what the boy did. Minhyun was going to continue following the other but a phone call came in and he had to leave. He took a mental note on the boy's looks and decided he was going to find for him in school tomorrow.

And that was the start of Minhyun's little stalking adventure.

¬¬¬

"Ah, Minhyun!"

The tall male snapped out of his daydream when he noticed Baekho running up to him.

"Sorry I'm so late. The old lady dropped a birthday card and I thought I would help her find it. I did but I didn't expect her to start talking about her family as well," Baekho started babbling to Minhyun's surprise. It was almost like he was talking to Min but without actually looking at him. Baekho stopped when he realised Minhyun was quiet. He looked up slowly and batted his eyelashes nervously. "Sorry. I must... Talk too much."

"Huh? Oh no. No, no, no. I enjoy hearing yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter