Shirt

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sports day was probably Minhyun's least favourite event but that was about to change when Baekho showed up at his place in his sports outfit. His jacket was tied around his waist and short sleeves wrapped around his bulked up muscles. Minhyun breathed in and stumbled over to his boyfriend. Without a word, Minhyun just leaned against him and hugged him tightly. Baekho flinched and looked around nervously for any of their schoolmates.

 

"What are you doing?" Baekho asked and chuckled, unsure if he should return the hug or wait until Minhyun was satisfied. He was still shy about public affection but he didn't want to push Minhyun away either.

 

"Just feeling the gifts that heaven had bestowed upon thee," Minhyun mumbled in a contented voice. Baekho laughed at his boyfriend's weirdness.

 

"We are going to be late."

 

"And since when did you bother?"

 

"When you're hugging me in broad daylight?" 

 

Minhyun pouted and let Baekho go, instead taking his hand. "Fine. Let's go." 

 

"Aren't you hot with the jacket on?" Baekho asked since Minhyun had it zipped as well. 

 

"Not really. But probably later. Did you join any of the sports?" 

 

"Well, we do have the class battles and group ones as well. I didn't sign up for any of the individual ones since... Well, I have a bad knee and I wouldn't want to drag the whole team down because of that." 

 

Minhyun nodded. "You haven't told me about it yet." 

 

"About what?" 

 

"Your knee." 

 

Baekho glanced down at his covered knee and sighed. "Well, it's a pretty long story but it's from before I shifted here and also my previous school so... The second last school? Anyways, I've changed schools way too much but there was once I joined a sports club and I was pretty good at it. Soccer. Despite being a newbie, I was promoted to a midfielder pretty quickly. I was going to be a striker if I kept it up but I had to switch schools... There was the head captain of the club. His name was Jonghyun. He... Well, didn't take the news of my transfer well because he had heard news of a university being interested to take me and him in. If I transfer and stop playing, I would lose that opportunity. So we argued... I couldn't not leave since my parents were shifting and he didn't want me to throw away that future. It got a little heated and we might have started shoving a little. Push came to shove and... Unfortunately for me, I fell down the stairs."

 

"Ow..."

 

"Yeah...it was a pain. I hurt my knee and needed surgery for it. Wasn't allowed to play for 6 months and there was no guarantee it would work the same as it did before. I had my transfer and well, I just stopped playing after that."

 

"That's sad..." Minhyun squeezed Baekho's hand and Baekho shrugged.

 

"I got over it. Plus I didn't really want to have soccer as a career," Baekho replied Minhyun and swung their hands a little. "I'm just worried that Jonghyun still blames himself for that accident. I know it's been a few years now and I haven't kept in contact with him but I hope he feels better and not blame himself anymore. It was just my bad luck that I fell." 

 

Minhyun wanted to smother Baekho with love and comfort him but they were almost nearing school and the shorter male had pulled his hand away, taking a couple of steps ahead of him as always. He wished they could just be open about their relationship in school but knew there would be certain consequences to that. 

 

The students were starting to gather in the field for the sports day event. Minhyun didn't have a choice but to split with Baekho since he had to host the event and Baekho was just loitering around. He didn't really sit with his classmates or sports house color since people tend to create an awkward ring of space around him. He just chose to sit at the far back under the shade where he could still hear the teachers and Minhyun even if he couldn't really see them. The sun was starting to beat down on them and after the school song, the event started. Students started preparing for the individual segments while the rest just hung around. Baekho stayed where he was since he had nothing better to do. He started revising instead. 

 

"Someone is being hardworking." 

 

He was surprised to see Minhyun standing before him with a small smile. He returned the smile and shrugged. "Not like I have anything better to do in this sweltering heat while waiting for the group battles." 

 

"That's true. Sorry I can't hang out with you..." 

 

"It's fine. You're the student president. Lots of responsibilities," Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter