Groceries

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Baekho thought the first exam was terrible, he was horrified when the mid terms paper was in front of him. His mind was almost forcefully ejecting all the information he had tried his best to stuff into his brain throughout his study sessions. 

 

"You're doing it on purpose, aren't you?" Baekho hissed to his own brain as he wrote down the answers that he could remember as quickly as he could before his brain treated it as trash and throw it out. He wondered if Minhyun was faring any better than him but who was he kidding? Minhyun was the student president and the smartest lad in school. If it wasn't for him, Baekho probably wouldn't even have gotten top 30 the last round. He wanted to make Minhyun proud so he was really trying his best too. He wanted to change the teachers' perspective on him and this was the only way to do it for now. Results, results and more results. He knew he wouldn't be able to wash away his bad boy image and start from scratch again in school but as long as Minhyun was there for him, he would be able to get through. 

 

¬¬¬

 

"How was the paper?" Minhyun asked as they had lunch together. Baekho peeled at his lips nervously as he mumbled more information into his head at the last second, unintentionally ignoring Minhyun. Minhyun pouted and poked his cheek to get his attention. Baekho flinched and turned to his boyfriend with wide eyes. "Don't strain yourself too much. You might get a headache." 

 

"But if I can't remember anything, I'll fail." 

 

"We have been studying together for awhile now. There's no way you'll fail. You'll pass, just whether or not with flying colors or sluggish ones." 

 

"Great pep talk, student president," Baekho grumbled and turned back to his book. Minhyun sighed and snatched it away. Baekho yelped and tried to take it back but Minhyun lifted his hand up, using his height to his advantage. 

 

"Look here, Baekho. Doing last minute won't really be helpful either. You just have to remember the things I've said. It'll be easier that way," Minhyun said. He also wanted Baekho to pay attention to him too so this was his only choice. Baekho groaned and nodded. It did help him the previous time so he allowed Minhyun to explain the subject to him in a simpler way so it would actually stay in his head. 

 

"How do you even do that?" Baekho asked once they were done. 

 

"Do what?" 

 

"You make it all sound so simple and easy even though I have to strain my brain every time I read it," Baekho sighed and Minhyun shrugged. 

 

"Maybe because you're more willing to listen to my voice than reading a bunch of words?" Minhyun guessed and Baekho gasped, realising that that could indeed be the truth. "Different people have different ways to remember things. Maybe yours is to listen since reading is... Not your strongest forte." 

 

Baekho nodded vigorously but he knew he couldn't just depend on Minhyun all the time too. He could now but not in the future if they were to take different courses and paths in life. The bell rang, signifying the end of break. "Alright. I'll see you after school." 

 

"Yeah.... Baekho?" Minhyun held Baekho's arm as the shorter male stood up. 

 

"Mmm?" 

 

Minhyun kissed his cheek without warning and smiled. "Good luck." 

 

Baekho swore he might have just forgotten every single thing he had just remembered. "Jerk-" He blurted out with annoyance since his face turned warm and his mind pounded furiously. 

 

"What?" 

 

"I-I mean thanks. You too. See you." 

 

Minhyun was left with confusion since Baekho literally just called him a jerk and ran off. 

 

¬¬¬

 

During their exam week, the two barely saw one another apart from lunch. This was because Baekho would be up studying until late night, causing him to be late to wake and definitely late to get Minhyun from his house so the taller male had just decided that it would be better if Baekho took his own time and they would meet up again after exams just like their first. Baekho, of course, was sulky about that but he didn't want to argue with Minhyun regarding it since his boyfriend was also busy with student council work. He walked to the park alone after their second last paper was done. After tomorrow, their exams would be over and he would be able to hang out with Minhyun more often again. He gently swayed himself on the swing, staring at nothing as the swing creaked back and forth from his weight. 

 

He looked at his phone, wondering if he should check up on Minhyun. Despite still being able to meet him, it didn't make it any easier for him not to feel lonely. There was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter