Fountain

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then we shifted house, away from the north area because of a new job my mum found. She wanted to be away from my dad's memories in that house. She wanted to let go, to move on. I thought I would give it a try too. To finally leave that life behind me and change. I still had my mother after all. I only realised that after I shifted here. I still had a chance but when I first entered the school, I was horrified. There were just as many gangsters here. "

 

"Yeah. I remember that too but they slowly decreased. You did something about it, didn't you?"

 

"Yes. It's how Min came along. I would dress up after school and find them, put them in their place and leave. That's how I met you for the first time. You were catching a thief that day. Then you were also splashed by water. And also brought a kitten to a vet. I found you fascinating. Despite whatever happened to you, you just kept going. I might have stalked you for a bit after that too. I've always wanted to help you in a fight especially when I realised that you never really picked a fight. They came to you but you mostly won and I didn't dare to start a conversation with you, afraid you might think that I just wanted to fight you too. That's why I became student president. It was the only way to talk to you without having to worry about whether or not we were going to throw fists."

 

"Seriously? You became student president just for that?"

 

Minhyun shrugged and smiled warmly as he looked at their intertwined hands. Baekho hadn't let go for a single moment and it made Minhyun feel like it was going to be okay. "I didn't know it was going to be so easy to approach you. Especially after I helped you out as Min. I guessed you were just as lonely as I was."

 

"But... I was considered a Gangster too and you never..."

 

"How could I? You were misunderstood just like I was. There's no helping it when that happens. Even if you do your best to keep a low profile, it'll gradually surprise you again. Just like Yoon. He came to the school and found me. It was the morning you got ambushed. Seeing him made me frighten. What if his gang tried to hurt you just like they did to my friends? Some of them ended up in the hospital after that. I didn't want that to happen to you. I didn't want that to happen to anyone else because of me. That's why I thought if we didn't stay as friends, it would be fine. I could live with that as long as you were safe."

 

"But a different gang saw to that that I wouldn't be safe even if you weren't my friend," Baekho chuckled dryly and Minhyun nodded.

 

"It's just impossible for me to do anything about it... So I guess the only way to keep you safe is to actually keep you by my side," Minhyun said as he faced Baekho. "Baekho..."

 

The shorter male gulped as he glanced over, meeting eyes with the taller male whose gaze looked almost desperate. "Yeah?"

 

"I know we didn't get off at the right foot and there's bound to be stupider things that will happen but... If you're okay with me... If you can... Accept me, would you like to be my boyfriend?"

 

Baekho was stunned. His expression became stiff. He thought when it came, he would have already expected it but now that Minhyun actually popped the question, his mind had utterly died on him. Leaving only the hollow husk of the human male--

 

"Baekho?" 

 

Baekho blinked. All his thoughts came flooding back and his whole face turned red as he let the question finally settle in his mind. He tried to form a response but only an awkward sound escaped his lips. Minhyun looked dejected and almost about to give up when Baekho gripped his shirt. 

 

"I...I-" 

 

"You?" 

 

Can't find the right words to say right now. Baekho grabbed hold of the back of Minhyun's neck instead and pulled him in for a kiss. Words were not his friend right now. Minhyun was startled when their lips met, almost knocking teeth from the sheer force Baekho had used but thankfully, it didn't end that way. Their eyes closed as they let the moment longer until gradually they shifted apart. Both equally breathing fast and cheeks flaring. Baekho looked nervous, scared even and Minhyun was just shocked. Baekho blinked and immediately wanted to turn away but Minhyun pulled him in for another kiss. Careful and gentle. It lasted a little longer than the previous one but they gradually parted as well, breathing heavier. Their foreheads bumped into one another and they stayed that way, too shy to move away or look at one another now. They just listened to each other's low breathing that synced up until one of them broke the silence. 

 

"I-if you'll have me as your boyfriend too... I accept," Baekho said so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter