Friend

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyun was careful as he removed the metal piece. He wiped the injury as careful as he could since it was difficult to pour water over it since it was the bottom part. Baekho just cringed and squeezed the pillow silently with beads of sweat dotting his face as he tried not to yell out. It wasn't that painful. Well, until Minhyun decided to dab the antiseptic cream onto it. Baekho balled his hands into fists and wanted to really punch something or someone, basically Minhyun for causing him the pain but he also happened to be the one helping him right now. Minhyun didn't take notice of the approaching hand until Baekho held onto his shoulder and squeezed hard. Minhyun winced but didn't stop until he had bandaged the injury. He was at least relieved that the metal piece wasn't rusty or else that would be a huge problem since Baekho refused to be brought to the clinic. After he was done, he allowed Baekho to breathe before slowly trying to pry his hand off his shoulder that was aching from the sheer strength the other had put into squeezing him.

"There. I'm done," Minhyun said softly and Baekho nodded, biting his lower lip until it was red. Minhyun couldn't stop himself as he poked Baekho on the nose, confusing the worn out male. "Stop biting your lip or else you'll have a busted lip as well."

Baekho let his lip go and rubbed it slightly to feel his teeth marks. "T-thanks." His voice was raspy and tight. Minhyun kept everything back and collected the rubbish. He headed back into the kitchen to put the first aid kit and throw the rubbish away. Baekho's eyes glinted the moment Minhyun disappeared from view. During the whole bandaging process, Minhyun had moved his bag onto the couch so it sat beside him now. He ped the front pocket and tried to find for Minhyun's phone. He hadn't forgotten about it, no. He grabbed hold of it and was about to unlock the screen when Minhyun walked out again. Baekho wheezed, tossing the phone back inside and zipped the bag in a flash. He was thankful that Minhyun was distracted by his slightly damp shirt.

"I got you water. I didn't know the faucet would sp... What were you doing?" Minhyun asked while handing the glass of water to Baekho who was holding onto his bag.

"N-nothing! I thought I heard something coming from your bag," the awkward teenager said with a nervous spill of laughter before drowning it down with the water while avoiding eye contact as usual. Minhyun raised a brow as he picked his bag up, sliding it onto his shoulder.

"Probably a phone call or something," Minhyun replied. "Well, you better stay home and rest tomorrow. Going to school with an injury and having no help will be a pain."

"No way. I'm going. I'm not going to break my perfect attendance just because of some knee injury. I'm used to going to school with the pain. I don't need help," Baekho grumbled and Minhyun just realised that Baekho did indeed have perfect attendance for someone who was considered a gangster by the teachers and students. Minhyun thought for a moment before sighing again.

"What if someone decides to attack you again?"

"I'll... I'll bring a bat or something."

"Kang Dongho," Minhyun said and Baekho pouted. Right. That wasn't something he should probably mention in front of the student president. "What about this... I'll walk you to school until your leg is all better. I doubt you have any other friend who you can call for that."

"Eh?" Baekho was flustered at the thought of the student president walking him to school. As if him helping in a fight wasn't bad enough. "No way. I'm not going to school with you. I'll... I'll ask someone. Yeah I will."

Minhyun crossed his arms and frowned. "Okay. Call and ask your friend now. I won't leave until you have someone to bring you to school."

Baekho hissed and took out his phone. The only friend he had in his phone was Min and Min didn't even talk so how was he going to call and convince the other to walk him to school. He also didn't want to trouble Min. He could text but he still hadn't replied to his previous texts, much less read them. Baekho decided to take a chance and hit the call button. Just as he did that, Minhyun's phone started vibrating again. Minhyun didn't react to it though. He just stared at Baekho who stared back at him. Their eyes met and they were quiet for a while before Baekho tore his gaze away first. "Uh... My friend is probably busy.  Look... I'll be fine. I'll try to get him again later. You should probably go home. It's getting late."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter