Rumor

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was stunned and couldn't bring himself to move a single step forward. He was just talking to Minhyun's mother?! The lady smiled when she saw Baekho. Minhyun raised a brow when Baekho was literally stunned. He walked over and grabbed him by his arm, dragging him closer to the lady.

 

"Mum, meet Baekho. Baekho, this is my mum," Minhyun introduced them. Baekho found his voice get caught in his throat as he bowed 90 degrees. Minhyun's mother chuckled. 

 

"We have met," she said, confusing Minhyun. 

 

"You have?" 

 

"Yeah. Just only. He dropped a coin and I helped him get it back," she replied and Minhyun muttered a soft 'oh'. Baekho lifted his head and fiddled with the cans in his hands. 

 

"Uh... For you," He said in a soft nervous tone as he tried to hand the can to her politely. 

 

"Ah. Thank you." Baekho smiled awkwardly and was tempted to hide behind Minhyun but he didn't want to look like a coward in front of Minhyun's mum. Baekho handed Minhyun the other can and awkwardly glanced everywhere as always until Ms. Hwang spoke again. His eyes darted towards her and focused on what she was saying. "So, let's go see the babies." 

 

The older lady started explaining about random things regarding the babies, the incubators and all the things that was probably flying over Baekho's head despite how hard he tried to grasp what she was trying to say. Baekho felt like that part of her sort of resembles Minhyun or at least Minhyun resembled her. The way they would go on about a topic that they are interested in without rest. He walked a little behind the mother and son, still clutching onto his bag strap nervously as he followed them through different corridors. 

 

"And here we are. Remember not to be so loud. I know it's soundproof but it's better to be cautious," she said as she led them into the room where there was a glass window that you could observe the incubated babies from. Minhyun's eyes twinkled as he approached the glass. He motioned Baekho over to his side and the shorter male glanced in. He didn't know what he was expecting apart from babies but his attention was snatched by Minhyun's delighted look instead. He ended up side eyeing Minhyun instead of concentrating on the babies. He was fine with kids and all but it wasn't like he had a strong interest in them. 

 

"Look at their little tootsies. It's so cute," Minhyun said in a high pitched tone. Baekho smiled a little and nodded, turning back to the babies. He pursed his lips and glanced at Ms. Hwang who was observing the both of them as well. He caught her eyes and hurriedly turned away. "Can you imagine we were once that size too?" 

 

"Y-yeah," Baekho muttered while fiddling with his bag. 

 

"You were a very tall baby," Ms. Hwang said with a light laugh. Minhyun grinned. 

 

"Well, that explains why I'm really tall now." 

 

"I'll leave you two to your own. You know how to get out, right?" 

 

"Yes, mum. Thank you." Baekho watched the two exchange a quick hug before she approached him, giving him a pat on the back. 

 

"It's been a pleasure. I hope to see you around more often. Not in the hospital though. That would just be terrible," she said jokingly and Baekho smiled. 

 

"It's been nice meeting you too, Mrs. Hwang." 

 

She was about to leave when she turned around again. "One more thing." 

 

"Yes, mum?" 

 

"Remember to use protection." She winked to the both equally flustered and blushing males. 

 

"Mum!" 

 

"Shhh... Don't wake the babies up." 

 

Minhyun groaned and Baekho laughed nervously. "Sorry about that." 

 

"It's alright. Your mum is just like you," Baekho said with a brighter smile since it was just the two of them left. Minhyun smiled and touched Baekho's hand. 

 

"Told you she will like you." 

 

"I can't say for sure that she does but I guess she doesn't mind her son dating a guy," Baekho replied. 

 

"She's far too old to care about that," Minhyun replied jokingly. Baekho held Minhyun's hand tightly and scooted closer to him until their arms bumped against one another. 

 

"Hey, Minhyun." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"What do you want to be in the future? We are graduating this year."

 

"Haven't really gave it a thought yet. What about you?" 

 

"I don't know either." 

 

¬¬¬

 

The following days started the same. Baekho would force himself up before 7am, get ready and rush to pick Minhyun up from his house. The student president would always be waiting for him already so they would just leave the moment he reached. Baekho would then accompany Minhyun to the stud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter