Tonkatsu

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The weekend is finally here!!" Baekho cheered in his bedroom as he woke up that morning. Minhyun had texted him the time and place to meet up last night for their date and he felt all pumped up despite the nervous jittery feelings in his stomach. He didn't know why he was so excited but in some way, he knew it was probably because he was finally going out for a hangout with an actual friend regardless of who it was. The last time he went out with a friend was probably 4 years ago. That was how lonely Baekho had been the past few years so he couldn't wait as he rushed to get himself ready. He threw on a random pink shirt, not even noticing the color as he did so. His skinny jeans went on, although he had a bit of a tough time trying to get into them. Lastly was a random jacket he pulled out that he probably hadn't seen since he shifted to this house. He got his phone and wallet, making sure he had cash before rushing out to meet Minhyun at the train station. There was a skip in his every step as he hummed to himself.

 

It wasn't a difficult task to find his tall friend at all since he practically stood out in the dull background of the train station with his blue striped shirt and jacket hanging around his shoulders. He was also wearing slim fit jeans and Baekho couldn't hold back his smile when he noticed Minhyun who was busy typing away on his phone. He walked up to him and cleared his throat to get his attention. Minhyun's eyes darted away from his phone to Baekho before they opened a little wider. He kept his phone and smiled. Baekho felt himself freezing up as he stared at Minhyun's smile, trying his best not to look away from his gaze. It was both of their first times seeing each other out of uniform and they both had to say, "You look good-great."

 

They smiled sheepishly and ended up turning away from each other. "Uh well... Let's get going then."

 

"Y-yeah!" Baekho squeaked as he followed Minhyun to the turnstiles. They both got through and hurried to catch the train. They managed to get on and stood beside one another, clutching onto the hand holders. "Where are we going?"

 

"You'll see," Minhyun replied while taking out his phone again to respond to a message. Baekho wondered who that was and was tempted to peek over. His body unintentionally did as he thought, leaning closer to Minhyun. Minhyun noticed when the train bounced and Baekho knocked against him by accident. "What are you doing? You should be careful on the train."

 

Baekho pouted and rubbed his cheek that had knocked against Minhyun's elbow. "Who are you texting? You seem distracted."

 

"Oh. I'm sorry. It's just my mum. She's worried about me coming out today."

 

"Oh? Why? Is there something wrong?" Baekho asked worriedly.

 

"Truth is, I am actually allergic to dust. Its not that bad unless the weather is bad, my condition could start to act up and she's just checking up on me every few minutes to be sure I'm fine. I'll put my phone away now."

 

"Oh! No, no, no. You don't have to. I just... Well..."

 

"Don't worry. I'll be sure to pay my full attention to you today too," Minhyun said, letting a smile take over his expression. Baekho swore his heart was leaping out of his chest as he watched the way Minhyun's eyes would curve upwards in the same exact fashion Min's eyes would. He wondered if he would be able to make Minhyun laugh today. He had only ever heard him make a dry chuckle before but not an actual laugh. 

 

When they reached and made their way to a rather traditional looking restaurant, Baekho noticed Minhyun's hesitance. 

 

"So... Are you sure about this?" Minhyun sudden asked to Baekho's confusion. 

 

"We are already in front of the restaurant. Why are you asking me that now?" Baekho chuckled. Minhyun nodded and pointed to an advertisement board in front of the restaurant as if to show Baekho something but before the shorter male could take a proper look, a lady who they guessed was the waitress from the way she dressed, opened the door and smiled at them. 

 

"Welcome. Table for two?" she asked and Minhyun nodded. 

 

"Um... Can I know if we are eligible for this?" Minhyun asked, sounding nervous but still trying to keep his voice steady. Baekho wondered what could possibly make the usually cool and calm student president all worked up like this. He gave the board a proper look and raised his brows. 'Free 1 tonkatsu set for couples! Bring your girlfriend or boyfriend here to enjoy the deal!'  Baekho rubbed his eyes just to be sure he wasn't reading it wrongly but he really wasn't and Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter