Birthday

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was stunned. Was he dreaming? No. There Minhyun was, sweat dripping from his face and dressed in his school uniform. Baekho's eyes widened. This was... The west side though.

"M-Minhyun? What are you doing here? What about school? The festival?" Baekho questioned as his tall boyfriend stormed up him. Minhyun pulled him to his side, away from Jonghyun before hugging him tightly. Baekho could hear his heavy panting and feel the sweat sticking to him. He wondered how fast Minhyun had run to be in such a state.

"I'm so sorry."

"Eh?"

"I forgot... I'm such an idiot. Really. You were right to call me that," Minhyun panted as he squeezed Baekho, not knowing how he would ever make it up to him. Baekho patted his back and from behind, Jonghyun gave Baekho a thumbs up.

"No, Min. You're supposed to be at school. It's barely even 4 now."

"But it's your birthday and I... I forgot and I even... I'm sorry."

"Hey. You don't have to be sorry for that. It's totally fine. You have the responsibility as the student president."

Minhyun shook his head and buried his rosy cheek against Baekho's neck, feeling his chest sting painfully from the sprinting. "I'm such a horrible boyfriend..."

"Minhyun, that's not true." Baekho moved his boyfriend back to see his face. It was filled with guilt and it made Baekho frown. He cupped Minhyun's cheeks and he sighed. "Look. I chose not to remind you because I knew you would be torn between spending the day with me or handling the festival. Right now, we can still spend many more birthdays together in the future but this is our last year in high school. You probably won't get to run a festival anymore."

"But...its our first year as boyfriends," Minhyun said in a hushed tone while holding Baekho's hands, sinking into his warmth. "And our first birthdays together..."

"That's why I invited you out at night. So you won't feel bad even if you did find out eventually. I just wasn't expecting you to show up here in the west. Also you shouldn't be running until you're all sweaty."

Minhyun nodded and kissed Baekho's palm. "I'm sorry. I just got really worried that if I waited any longer, you would have thought otherwise..."

"You're a real idiot sometimes, Hwang Minhyun," Baekho chuckled and pulled him into a kiss, ignoring the salty taste and just enjoying the fact that his boyfriend actually ran all the way here, probably due to searching for him, just to be by his side. Minhyun giggled and shrugged.

"I'm your idiot."

"So... We all good now?" Jonghyun spoke up, bursting their lovey dovey bubble. Minhyun looked at Jonghyun and unintentionally glared at him.

"Thanks for... Keeping Baekho company," He said despite feeling a weird burn in his chest from seeing him. It also made him pull Baekho closer to him.

"No problem. We just had tons of food. We didn't really do anything else other than that."

You had better not.

"We should get you back to school though," Baekho said as he poked his boyfriend's chest.

"Eh... But..."

"Min, you can't just throw your responsibility like that. I'll go back with you and we will spend the rest of the day together, okay?"

"Okay."

"Thanks for spending time with me, Jonghyun. Let's hang out again some other day," Baekho said and smiled. Jonghyun nodded and waved.

"No problem. Get back safely, both of you."

They bowed and waved to each other before the two boyfriends left hand in hand with one another. The pain in Minhyun's chest slowly reduced as they walked calmly back to the train station.

"How did you know I was here anyways?"

"I just searched up the area of the restaurants and shops in your pictures and ran around finding for you," Minhyun replied sheepishly. Baekho chuckled.

"You're really like some ninja," Baekho said, amazed by his boyfriend's detective like skills. "You could have just called and ask."

"I know... But I didn't think about it at that moment. I'm really sorry I forgot."

"Its really fine. I barely celebrate it anyways," Baekho said, hoping that would assure Minhyun.

"And I was also jealous..."

"Of what?" Baekho gasped softly.

"You take so many selfies with Jonghyun.... And you always look happy. I was... Jealous."

Baekho grinned and leaned against Minhyun as they walked, feeling giddy in his head all the way to the butterflies in his stomach. "You're so silly, Minhyun."

"Mmm... An idiot for you," Minhyun replied, kissing his nose. Baekho giggled, not bothered that they were in public anymore especially not today.

¬¬¬

They spend the rest of the festival hours walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter