Phone

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekho was glad to hear that the soccer team was still doing great and would be advancing to the national levels with or without Jonghyun on the team. Being a manager still helped the team out since he had an eye for people's skills and weaknesses. They chatted a bit more with Baekho avoiding talking about his current situation. He did mention having a boyfriend but Jonghyun didn't pressure him to say more whenever he would grow a little silent.

 

"Still, I'm glad to see you've been well," Baekho said and grinned.

 

"Same goes for you. Maybe we could hang out some other days. Oh. Are you still using the same number?"

 

"No. I changed it earlier last year so I pretty much lost most of my contacts." 

 

"Then let's exchange numbers again." 

 

"Yeah, definitely." They gave each other their numbers and Baekho beamed. Now he had another friend's number in his phone again even if Jonghyun did use to be his friend and he did have his number too.

 

After a little longer, Baekho decided to leave since Jonghyun still had to monitor the soccer team and he didn't want to be a bother despite Jonghyun saying that he wasn't so instead of staying, Jonghyun even followed him to the food alley to get something for Minhyun and his mother. He hummed as he stopped by the stores they used to love hanging out at after school. Some of the owners still remembered him and it made Baekho feel happy. He could remember how it was like before the whole gangster fiasco started and he honestly missed it but if that hadn't happened, he wouldn't be with Minhyun right now so it was a give and take. Right now, he would be willing to give up anything as long as nobody took Minhyun away. He bought a couple of snacks and even took selfies with Jonghyun to send to Minhyun just for the fun of it. His grin was wide at the thought of being able to eat food that he loved to have last time. Without much thought, he sent the pictures over.

 

"Still every bit of a food lover, aren't you?" Jonghyun chuckled and Baekho grinned.

 

"Of course. Food is love and life," He replied while munching on a hot dog as he typed on his phone. 'Got a couple of things for you and your mum.'

 

He didn't have to wait long before he got a reply and his eyes widened a little. 'Who is that beside you?'

 

'Jonghyun. Remember the soccer ace I told you about?'

 

'Oh. Have fun.'

 

'I am~'

 

"Who are you texting with such a goofy grin?"

 

"My... Boyfriend," Baekho replied shyly. He still found it weird to say that he had a boyfriend but since he had already mentioned it to Jonghyun earlier, it wasn't as awkward.

 

"He really makes you happy, doesn't he?"

 

"Mhmm! And I want to make him happy too."

 

¬¬¬

 

The two friends decided to have dinner just because Baekho doubted he would come back often. The snacks would probably be cold by then but Baekho guessed they could just heat it up with the oven or something as he headed to the restaurant with Jonghyun.

 

'When are you coming over?' 

 

Baekho was surprised to find Minhyun texting him but guessed it was because almost an hour had passed since he sent those selfies over. 

 

'After dinner with Jonghyun. You don't mind, right?' 

 

'No. Stay safe.' 

 

'I will.' 

 

'If it's too late, you should go home straight. Or my mum will try to make you stay over again.' 

 

'Gotcha.' 

 

"Your boyfriend again?" 

 

"Yep. He's worried about me going home late." 

 

"How sweet." 

 

Baekho smiled and tried not to get embarrassed from it. He was honestly fuzzy inside from seeing how Minhyun worried over him as well. "He is..." 

 

"Do you know when his birthday is? Maybe you could surprise him or something. I'm sure he would be really happy." 

 

Baekho gasped. His birthday. Baekho completely forgot to ask Minhyun when his birthday was and he realised his own birthday was in a couple of weeks too. Maybe he should get something for Minhyun. Minhyun did get him a new pair of shoes and a necktie too. "You're right. But how do I find out when his birthday is without asking him?" 

 

"You don't know your own boyfriend's birthday?" 

 

"I forgot to ask! And we just got together not... Very long ago." Baekho pouted a little. "And I doubt he knows when mine is either!" 

 

"Didn't you say he's like student president or something? Obviously he wouldn't need to ask when he has access to the school database." 

 

Baekho gasped at the realisation that Jonghyun could be right. If Minhyun has the key to his shoe locker, why wouldn't he have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter