Min

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite his display of power earlier, Minhyun was totally powerless before Baekho. He slowly turned to look at the fallen male who gulped. He sighed and used the knife to free Baekho. Instead of pulling him into a relieved hug or saying assuring words, Baekho backed off from him instead. His eyes still stuck in that stunned surprised look. Minhyun expected that much. He had just hurt a bunch of guys after all. Some probably had broken ribs or jaws but Minhyun was just glad that Baekho wasn't as injured as them. He was bleeding but nothing looked broken.

"Bae-"

"No," Baekho said and Minhyun shut his mouth, waiting for Baekho to say something instead. He wiped his hands on his handkerchief. The same one Min uses, Baekho thought. With the initial M embroidered onto it. "No... You were lying to me this whole time?" Minhyun noticed Baekho's eyes tearing up and he froze. Baekho blinked his tears away and rubbed his eyes.

"Your hands are dirty. You shouldn't do that," Minhyun said gently. Baekho breathed in sharply when Minhyun leaned closer and wiped his tears with a clean spot on the handkerchief. He swatted Minhyun's hand away. Again, Minhyun expected that much but he didn't think his heart would start hurting this much.

"You're a liar," Baekho whispered in a strained tone. Minhyun rolled his lips inwards.

"I just..."

"No. Don't say anything. I can't... I don't get it."

Minhyun didn't say anything since Baekho said so.

"You are Min... Oh god. I never realised that. How..." Minhyun knew how. He stared at Baekho, trying to get him to look him in the eyes but Baekho's eyes flickered away from him as always. In the end, he looked away as well. Baekho pushed himself up forcefully, the surprise overriding his pain. Minhyun wanted to help him but Baekho stepped away from him. "No, don't touch me. Leave me alone..."

Minhyun gasped softly but held back. He nodded and let Baekho limp away slowly. He wanted to follow just to be sure the other at least got home safely but he couldn't. He didn't want Baekho to snap at him. It was already painful enough as it is. But maybe this was for the better. This way, Minhyun's past wouldn't affect Baekho as well.

¬¬¬

His face looked terrible with dried blood running down his nostrils and a cut on his hairline. He started washing his face but he didn't realise that the water also had tears mixed in before he felt his whole body trembling and he could barely keep himself up anymore. He had somehow managed to bring himself home but now, he felt broken and exhausted. He squatted down, hands still holding onto the sink as water and blood drip onto the tiled bathroom floor. He sniffled and coughed from the taste of blood and snot, trying to find something to wipe his face with. He managed to grab a face towel and wiped his face, trying to stop the tears that were falling on their own. He couldn't believe what just happened. The one person he thought he could trust. The only person he thought he could trust ended up being the biggest lie. He thought he knew Min. He thought they were friends. His only friend. But why? How? Why was he Hwang Minhyun? Since when? From the beginning?

Baekho didn't want this to be the truth. He didn't want Min to be Minhyun. Because that would mean he had kissed Hwang Minhyun. He had told Minhyun that he hated him despite liking him. It made Baekho so confused and conflicted. How could he have disliked someone he had come to like? Or like someone he had hated? How could Min and Minhyun be such different characters? His mind still couldn't fathom the truth and he was still in denial but at least he managed to stop sobbing from feeling betrayed by his only friend.

He rubbed away the blood on the floor and noticed the shoes that were still on his feet. He must've had forgotten to take them off but seeing them only reminded him of his memories with Min and it threatened to make him cry again. Why couldn't it have been a different person? Why did Min and Minhyun had to be one and the same? Baekho's mind couldn't make any sense out of it now due to the pain he was also feeling from getting hurt earlier. He was a total mess right now but he couldn't just pass out on the bathroom floor. He tried his best to calm down and limp his way to his bedroom so he could at least get a change of clothes. The moment he stepped inside, his eyes broke down again. Ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter