Address

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His eyes hurt when he woke up. It wasn't as bad as he originally thought it would be but he guessed it must have been the warm compress that helped. He sat up and everything flooded back in. He touched the bed and looked around. He laughed bitterly at how stupid this was. He never once slept over at Minhyun's place and the one time he did, Minhyun wasn't even there with him. He pushed himself up groggily and opened the room door, the scent of breakfast greeting him. He shuffled tiredly to the dining room and Ms. Hwang was there, waiting for him.

 

"Morning, Baekho."

 

"M-morning... Aunty," He croaked in a strained voice.

 

"Eat up. You'll need the energy to bring Minhyun home," she said calmly. Baekho slid into the chair and nodded, feeling the trembles in his chest. He silently ate and she watched him quietly until the very last bite.

 

"Thank you..."

 

She smiled and nodded. "Go get him." 

 

"I will." Baekho cleared up the plates and washed it, putting it onto the drying rack before bowing to her. "I promise to bring him back." 

 

She nodded and gave him another hug. "Okay. I'll be waiting." 

 

The first place he went after he left was his own house. He took a shower and changed into more comfortable clothes, clothes that he would be able to maneuver in easily. He slid on his sports shoes and frowned. Every little thing that crossed his eye reminded him of his boyfriend. He decided to head back to the basketball court again just to be sure they didn't decide to suddenly pop back there. After that, he headed to his old school to find Jonghyun. He needed to warn him to stay in a safe place if he hadn't been caught yet but to his dismay, his friend wasn't in school yet. It was still early after all so he decided to make his way to his house as well. He knew where Jonghyun stayed, having been over a few times back when he was still here. He pressed the doorbell and waited, feeling antsy. The door opened and an older male who Baekho recognised as Jonghyun's father came out. 

 

"Uncle.... Its been awhile."

 

"Dongho? Hello, its really been a while. How have you been?" 

 

"Fine. Could be better. Um... Is Jonghyun home?" 

 

His father looked confused for a moment and shook his head. "No. He left earlier this morning, saying he was going to hang out with an old friend." 

 

"Oh. Okay. Did he mention where or who?" 

 

"He didn't. Do you want to come in and wait for him?" 

 

"No, it's fine. I have to go.... Would you mind giving me his number? I lost it." 

 

"Sure, sure." Baekho was glad he at least knew Minhyun's password as he unlocked the phone to get Jonghyun's number. Once that was keyed in, Baekho thanked the older male and hurried off. He could only hope Jonghyun didn't fall for the same trick Minhyun had. He called the number once he was far enough from the Kim residence. The call just kept ringing and ringing. Baekho was about to give up but he didn't want to. After trying several more times, Baekho could only hope Jonghyun's phone had either ran out of battery or he was too busy with this said friend to pick up his phone. 

 

The next stop he got off was the North area. He had never been to this side before and frankly, it frightened him now. The big group of people who had attacked him before belonged to the North area so to Baekho, this was definitely a place he wanted to avoid but the thought of Minhyun needing help kept him moving. The first place he tracked down was Minhyun's old school. His boyfriend had mentioned the name of his school before during their chats and he soon found it. It was holiday even in this part of the country so he wasn't sure what he was hoping for when he came here. Just maybe some sort of clue or anything to help him find Minhyun faster. He entered the school that was still open for teachers and before he could start searching, Minhyun's phone started buzzing. He prayed that it was Jonghyun calling him back but when he saw the caller ID, sweat started to run down the back of his neck. He picked up the call and waited for the other to speak first. 

 

"You sure started your day early. I heard you're in our turf. What do you hope to achieve by coming to the North?" 

 

Baekho didn't say anything. He was tempted to just cut the call on Yoon. 

 

"Well? You're just going to stay quiet?" 

 

"I don't know what you want me to say," Baekho said in a soft tone. 

 

"Hah... You're seriously just as unpredictable as your boyfriend, huh." 

 

Baekho stiffened. How did Yoon even know they were dating? 

 

"By the way, if you're thinking about finding for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter