Court

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His legs ran even faster than he thought he could run when he was on a soccer field, chasing after a thief or in a 100 meter sprint. He gasped for air as he reached the park in record time, looking around with frantic eyes as he tried to find for his boyfriend.

 

"Minhyun?!" he yelled, heart pumping like mad. He couldn't see his tall boyfriend anywhere and he became increasingly worried. The moment Ms. Hwang told him that Baekho had texted to meet him at the park, Baekho didn't even think twice to confirm before he rushed off. It was not him who had sent the message after all. His phone just got stolen unless... His mind clicked into place. Unless this had been planned all along. How? Why? Who?

 

He was about to walk right past the bench where they usually sat on when he suddenly saw a light emitting from it. He glanced down and gasped. It was Minhyun's phone and the caller was his phone. How? Who? Where? He scanned the park but couldn't find anyone at all. He gulped and hesitated. What if this was just another trap too? But it kept ringing and ringing. His eyes scanning his own name and number over and over again. Someone was doing this on purpose. Someone who knew about the both of them. He snatched the phone up after the 7th ring and answered the call, bringing it up to his ear slowly.

 

"Hello...?" Baekho said first in an uneasy tone. Voice filled with anxiety.

 

"Hi, hi! How's my favorite boy toy doing?"

 

Baekho felt dread clutch at his heart when he recognise the voice. His hand clenched into a fist. "Yoon."

 

"Oh. You even remember how I sound like? Fascinating. You got me! This is Yoon speaking."

 

Baekhi clenched his jaw and let out a shaky breath. "Where. Is. Minhyun?"

 

"Gee, I wonder. Don't you?"

 

He snapped. "You er! What have you done to him?! Stop playing around with us and leave us the alone!"

 

"Wow. How scary. You lost, remember?"

 

Baekho felt his breath hitched. "You were the one being unfair. You knew my weakness."

 

"But you still lost. So you know what that means. I get to play around with Minhyun."

 

"Don't you dare lay a finger on him!!" Baekho growled, about to snap the phone in two but held back since it was the only thing that could link him to Minhyun's whereabouts now.

 

"Don't worry, lovely. I wouldn't do that but I can't say the same for the others."

 

"The others?" Baekho felt his heart pound and his head hurt from the sudden stop of his anger, replaced by nausea and fear. No. No... Nonononono. "Please don't hurt him."

 

"There! That's exactly what I want to hear."

 

"... What do you want from us?"

 

"Nothing really. It's just fun to see people break."

 

"You're a ing psycho..." Baekho gasped slightly, trying to calm down but his mind was running and wouldn't stop. He thought of all the worst case scenarios and knew he was unprepared for any one of them to be true.

 

"Now, let's play a game."

 

"Who would want to play your game..."

 

"You don't have a choice because you see, I don't hesitate in making decisions. Why don't we switch over to video call? I'll show you how serious I am."

 

Baekho didn't want to. He didn't want to see that er's face but be unable to punch him right in the nose and break in. But he knew he didn't have a choice either. He slowly moved the phone away from his ear and the video call came through. He answered it and immediately felt regret grip at him. There Minhyun was, lip busted and face bloodied with both bruises and cuts. His eyes immediately teared up from the sight of his boyfriend being messed up.

 

"Oh, look what we have here. It's your missing hubby, isn't it?"

 

Baekho couldn't find any words to say right now because all he wanted to do was go right through the screen and hold Minhyun protectively. Minhyun slowly opened his eyes and it was blood shot as well. He gazed up, probably since the phone was so close to him. Baekho wanted to scream, yell, curse and just ruin Yoon for ever doing something like this but he couldn't. He didn't know where they are. The surroundings was dark as well.

 

"Say hi, Minhyun. Do you know how many years it took for us to finally see you in such a state?" Yoon continued speaking in a jolly tone that struck a chord in both Baekho and Minhyun. Minhyun was breathing lowly but he took a deep breath.

 

"I'M AT A BASKETBALL COURT NEXT TO A LA-" Yoon literally slammed his hand against Minhyun's mouth, not caring if his head knoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter