North

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyun shut his phone after he had replied Baekho. He waited until the student council room was empty before taking out the wig and mask. He was going to meet Baekho as Min, of course. They were friends. He couldn't just leave Baekho alone. He clutched the mask and considered not wearing that or maybe the wig could be omitted. He groaned and ended up putting them both on again. Baekho couldn't recognize him as Minhyun anyways since for some reason, he wouldn't look him in the eyes as the student president. He exited the room and made sure to lock it before heading out from school. He knew a shortcut to the park since that was how he always arrived earlier than Baekho but today, he decided to take the long way just to give himself time to recollect his thoughts and plan what he had to say to the other. Maybe he should write them all down first. Or maybe not. He noticed an ice cream vendor and decided to get two. They always ate ice cream together after all. Why? He guessed it was probably because that was what Baekho treated him to. It took awhile for him to actually get the ice cream since the seller was an old man with shaky arms and Minhyun felt bad if he were to rush him. He would offer to help but didn't want to seem rude. He already looked that part. He thanked the old man and started walking again. He didn't get far when he noticed something on the floor. Usually he wouldn't be bothered or if it was trash, he would pick it up and throw it but what made him stop was the familiar tattered looking shoes beside a brand new box. He blinked as he looked around the area. There were blood drops that were still fresh on the ground which meant something had just happened here not too long ago. He picked up the box and prayed he was wrong about this but a paper fell out and his heart became cold.

'I'm sorry.'

Minhyun's breathing started picking up and so did his adrenaline. Baekho. He put the shoes back into the box and rushed to the park. Please be there. He pulled down the mask, feeling dread fill every inch of his body when Baekho was nowhere to be seen in the park.

"Baekho?! Baekho!" Minhyun yelled his name, hoping the other had just found a place to hide from whoever attacked him instead. "Baekho!!" Please let this be a prank. Please let it be a lie. Please let it be anything but the truth.

"Mister," a young voice startled him and he almost dropped everything he was holding. He turned around to see a little boy holding a paper in his hand. "Mister, are you from the eash High school?"

Minhyun rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the glare that he was unintentionally shooting from the anger boiling in his system. He smiled and nodded to the little boy.

"Some older brothers told me to give this to an eash high student." Minhyun's smile vanished as he took the paper from the boy. He squatted down and patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, little boy. You should go home safely and never talk to strangers, okay? You'll make your parents worry."

"Okay, mister. Good bye!"

Minhyun waved to the little boy as he walked away. He was already about to crush the one in his hand before he could read it but he had to calm himself down. He flipped the paper open and immediately shut his eyes. Why now? Why today? Why was his past crawling back up to him even after all he did to push it back?

'To the student council president of East High,

We know who you are and in our hands is the wild tiger of your school. If you want him back safely, you'll see fit to come to this location alone. If you call the police or ask for help, don't think we will let him go in one piece.

From, the same guys you graciously pound to the ground during our last fight 4 years ago.'

Minhyun bit his lower lip harshly, not caring if he could taste blood. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? It's been 4 years already. Minhyun crushed the paper and threw it into the recycle bin. He hid the shoebox and his bag somewhere safe so he could come back and collect it later. He knew the location by heart. It was where he was ambushed himself too. Was it for revenge? Payback for having won them by himself? He put the mask back on and made his way to the location.

¬¬¬

Baekho could taste blood in his mouth. The irony salty taste lingered on his tongue. His breathing still hadn't quite catch up with him yet and his vision kept flickering between clear and blurry du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter