Shoebox

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new day of school but Baekho was really dispirited to go after what happened yesterday along with his conversation. Even though Min assured him that he was fine, he couldn't help but to worry for the other. Maybe Baekho did do something wrong but Min was just too nice to tell him. The teenager reached the school compound. He noticed that Minhyun wasn't there and sighed as well. He entered the school and opened his locker. He was stunned for a moment. There was a shoebox sitting on top of his indoor shoes. He looked around in confusion. First a necktie, now a shoebox? He took it out and opened it. He gasped and almost dropped the box when he saw that it was the pair that he had tried on with Min when they went for shopping. How could this be? Did Min get it for him? There was a note sitting on top of the shoes this time. He turned the box around to read it.

'I'm sorry.'

Baekho recognised Min's handwriting for sure and he frowned. Why was he apologising again? And where the hell was he? Baekho clicked his tongue. There was no way he could accept such an expensive gift and he wanted to know the reason behind Min's apology from the male himself, not in the form of shoes or a note or a text. He shut the box and took out his indoor shoes. He was going to confront Min after school whether the other liked it or not. Baekho would use force if he had to too. He put the shoebox back into his locker to keep it safe as he headed to the assembly hall.

¬¬¬

Minhyun had went to school even earlier than usual. Being the student president, he had the perk of keeping the students' locker keys with him. So of course putting things into Baekho's locker was a simple feat. He put the shoebox into the locker and then paused, thinking over and over again if he should do that or hand it to him personally as Minhyun or maybe even Min. He pursed his lips and decided that he was going to continue playing this role as Min until he had no more choice. It was better than just dropping the truth bomb onto Baekho or at least that was how he felt. He made sure to lock it back and headed to the student council room. After arranging his papers and taking his usual clipboard with him, he headed out to the front entrance. He stood there but not for long as a certain figure approached him. His body temperature dropped and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the clipboard tightly.

"Hwang Minhyun. Its been a long time. How have you been? Hiding in a hell hole like this. Its no wonder we couldn't find you."

Minhyun swallowed the lump in his throat painfully.

"What is this? You a prefect or something now?"

"What do you want, Yoon?" Minhyun asked coldly, eyes glaring at the male before him.

"Let's take this somewhere else, shall we?"

"Fine but I'm not playing any of your games."

The student president exited from his school, following the other who had the look of a teenager and a different uniform that showed that he wasn't from around the area. They stopped when they were a distance away from the school.

"Say it. What do you want? Surely you didn't come all this way just to greet me," Minhyun said in a low tone.

"Oh, so cold. You never change, do you? But your clothes sure did."

"Cut the small talk."

"Seriously, Minhyun? Can't an old pal even have a little chit chat?"

"You know what you did. We are not pals and we will never be. Not then, not ever."

The smile on the student's face dropped followed by a sigh. "You still hating me for that?"

"Yes. And I will never forgive you or any of the guys for it too."

"Tch... Well, I came because I heard news of your recent accident. The only one who I knew capable of taking on men even with a huge disadvantage was you. I just knew I had to drop by to be sure."

"That doesn't matter to you, does it? I have put that life behind me already."

"Really? That biker gang sure didn't think so. You busted their heads, Minhyun. You can't just play goodie two shoes and live a normal life when you do things like that. Be careful. You'll never know what hit you."

"If you try anything to my schoolmates, I won't hesitate to bring you all down again."

"Scary, scary. But I know that you're not the one in power in your school. There's that fellow, kinda big sized, what's his nickname again? Wild tiger?"

Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter