Gangsters

Once Was Before
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait, wait. So you and dad were gangsters?!" the little boy squeaked in surprise as Baekho laid beside him, recalling the early events of his and Minhyun's relationship.

"You could say that. Somewhat. We once were before," He replied with a shrug.

"Oh wow! How cool is that?"

"Not cool at all?" Baekho frowned in response. "It's not cool to be a gangster and that wasn't the whole point of the story, kiddo. The point is-"

"That its late and you should be sleeping and you, my princess, should be in bed with me," Minhyun interrupted Baekho who blushed and coughed.

"Oops. Looks like mum caught us."

The little child giggled and hid under his blanket. Minhyun rolled his eyes at his boyfriend of 8 years and husband of 2 and still counting.

"Come on, love. You need sleep too. You have work tomorrow," Minhyun said and Baekho nodded.

"Yes, sir," Baekho said while groaning as he crawled off the bed. "Good night, kiddo." He tucked the child in and kissed his forehead before sauntering over to Minhyun, wrapping his hands around his beloved and giving him a little spin. Minhyun squeaked and laughed. The child giggled as well, seeing how lovey dovey his parents were.

"Good night, sweetie," Minhyun said as he turned off the lights and shut the door.

"Good night, dads."

"So, what do I get for going to bed early?" Baekho cooed as they both crawled onto their king sized bed.

"Early? It's almost 11, Baek. You made our son stay up that late. That's very naughty of you," Minhyun scoffed and Baekho pouted.

"But it's early for me. I usually sleep at-" Baekho stopped when he saw Minhyun's gentle eyes staring at him. He sighed and snuggled up against his tall husband. "Can I ask you something?"

"Mmm... Whatever you want," Minhyun mumbled as his eyes were shut and his fingers were within Baekho's soft locks, gently brushing them back.

"What ever do you think happened to Yoon?"

Baekho's question made Minhyun open his eyes. "Yoon? Well... Last I heard when I went to the North to visit Seungwoo, you really did a number on him as well. He wasn't as fortunate as me. His face was messed up and I heard he doesn't show himself to anyone anymore. Even his father was having a hard time trying to keep everything out of the papers."

"Wait. You knew that and you didn't tell me?"

"You'll probably feel guilty for busting his face."

Baekho scoffed and shrugged. "I want to but I can't. He gathered people and literally broke your bones too. How could I ever forgive that? He's lucky he got away with just a busted face." Baekho still hated remembering those memories but at the same time they were so important to him. It gave him reason and purpose to keep Minhyun protected and to always look out for him. Minhyun chuckled and kissed his temple.

"That's true."

"But I'm glad that stopped him from disturbing us. I probably would have done worse if Jonghyun and you hadn't stopped me that day." The feelings of his punches connecting to the other's face was still vivid in his mind. He didn't swing a punch as hard as that anymore and he was grateful because it meant they were safe.

"Probably... Enough about Yoon. He should be forgotten and thrown to the least of our worries by now."

"Yeah. Oh. How's your mum and principal Kwak coming along?"

"I'm not sure if they're planning on getting married. They were ex lovers turned friends turned lovers again."

"It would be really hilarious to have him as your stepfather if they had married back when we were still in school."

"And what's so funny about that?" Minhyun groaned. Baekho shrugged and giggled. "I find it funnier that if they do get married then my stepbrother would be Youngmin. The guy who you thought I originally was before you knew I was Min."

"Seriously?! Kwak Youngmin is the principal's son?"

"Who else would have a surname like Kwak? It's not very common, you know. Took you long enough to realise that too."

Baekho gasped at the revelation and frowned a little. "Wow. I really never connected the dots. That's crazy."

"Mmm... And how has Jonghyun been?"

"He's a coach for a kids soccer team. He loves kids and he loves soccer so I think there's no better fitting job for him than that."

"Right."

"I still remember when you got jealous of him. You even compared the amount of pictures I took with him and always made sure to have more after that."

"I'm sorry for being that way," Minhyun huffed and Baekho giggled.

"It's cute."

"Not so cute when I maul you," Minhyun hissed and rolled onto Baekho, nibbling on his cheeks. Baekho laughed and tried to push Minhyun away although he barely put any effort into it.

"No, stop!"

Minhyun stopped and smiled, kissing his cheek. "Still remember our first night aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter