SEPT

I Am Different

The next morning, I feel like I still am living in a nightmare. I still can't get over the fact that my life has been a lie all these years and that I was born as a warlock. I wish that my parents were alive these days, because I have so many questions to ask. And all of my relatives keep their mouth shut too, so there's no way they can tell me more about my actual life as a warlock.

Hakyeon is up already, but I feel like I am not surprised at all. Why? Why would I feel like that when I only know him for a day? Are we connected to each other in a certain way? I don't know, but I still can't really get used to my new life. I'm scared of myself at this point.

''Well goodmorning, how did you sleep?'' Hakyeon asks right after he opens the door. Oh geez, he scared me. I hope that Hakyeon won't ever do that again like that.

''Geez Hakyeon, you scared me. But yeah, I slept well. It's just that it's killing me on the inside that my parents have lied to me all this time.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon takes a seat on the bed as he places a hand on my shoulder.

''You'll need to give it some time, Taekwoon. You always believed that you were human, because your parents told you so. But in fact, your body never has gotten to your human life. You have used some of your magic while you didn't know it.'' Hakyeon tells me and I try to recall those moments of my life. Hakyeon is right about it. When I was 5, I once got angry with a classmate and I tried to hit him. But instead of that, something lashed out to him and he got a wound on his cheek. Now, I realise that it's been my magic what has caused the wound in that situation. And at age 16, my cat eyes were revealed during a party at school. People thought I was wearing lenses, but I wasn't and I didn't know how to get rid off them. Apparently, my warlock mark has been present all this time.

Hakyeon lets go of my shoulder and pulls me in for a hug. My head is resting on his shoulder and a faint smile appears on my face. Minhee was right about Hakyeon, I should be lucky to live here with Hakyeon. If Hakyeon and I didn't meet, I probably still would be the same mess as how I was after I killed a demon in Minki's house. Today, we're going to start practicing and I hope that I can keep myself under control. If I can, I think it would give me some more peace. I hope that I can give it a spot that I always have been different, I need to accept it one day.

''I'm sure that you'll be okay once you take the time to take it all in. I hope aswell that your friend is going to accept this side of you, the original side of you.'' Hakyeon says, referring to Minki. I'm sure that he will accept this, but I can imagine that he will be surprised about all of this. I'm sure it's going to surprise him how much I have changed. 

''I'm sure he will.'' I tell him and Hakyeon lets go of me, making me feel sit up straight again. Hakyeon gets up from the bed and keeps looking at me with a smile.

''Get dressed and I'll see you in the livingroom, okay?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod, before Hakyeon chuckles and leaves the room. I sigh and I don't waste any second as I get up from the bed and I make my way to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and it seems like I don't recognise myself anymore, I have changed. This isn't the person I used to be, I have changed a lot in a small amount of time. 

My hair is pitch-black and the tips are dark blue. I have a little bit of make-up on, it's not that heavy. But how can I have this already while I woke up just a moment ago? Or did Hakyeon do this while I was still sleeping? I think Hakyeon did this, but it looks cool. I get myself ready and I leave the bathroom, back to the bedroom. I put on the same outfit that Minhee put on me yesterday. I think that this is totally me and I have to agree with Minhee that this shows how wealthy I look.

Once I'm done, I enter the livingroom and Hakyeon is waiting for me with a big smile. The two of us make our way to the dining table and we take a seat. I kinda wonder why Hakyeon isn't making any food right now, because he takes a seat aswell. Then, he snaps in his fingers and there's plenty of food on the table.

''Enjoy your meal, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and starts to smile. I start to eat and I have to admit that this is way different than what I used to eat. Sure, it's food. But it tastes different than I ever ate at home, it doesn't taste that bad though. I really like this food, I hope that I can use magic for that too in the future.

''Today, we're going to start with the training. But we have to go to the gym for that. Don't worry, us warlocks have a gym for ourselves and today should be a day on which not many warlocks are there to practice.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. I'm scared, because I don't want that other warlocks are going to laugh at me because of the fact that I am terrible.

''Oh, one more thing that I want to change about you.'' Hakyeon says and snaps in his finger again. It's then that I feel something tickle in my neck. I raise a hand to touch whatever is in my neck and I look at Hakyeon when I realise that my hair is reaching my shoulders. He seriously made it grow? Why?

''I think longer hair would suit you more and it looks hot if you put if up into a ponytail.'' Hakyeon chuckles and once I finish my breakfast, I rush to the bathroom to see how it looks. My hair indeed reaches my shoulders, just a little longer, and it's straight. I was scared that it would be awful, but Hakyeon is right. It indeed looks pretty, but would fit into the image of a warlock? I don't know. 

I make my way back to the livingroom and Hakyeon smiles as he approaches me. He applies a hairclip at the back of my head, to tie a little bit of my hair at the back of my head.

''There you go, this looks much better. Not many male warlocks have long hair and the moments I looked at you, I thought that it would look great on you. And it turns out that it does.'' Hakyeon says as he wraps an arm around my waist. Just when I don't realise it, Hakyeon starts to kiss me and my body completely surrenders. Wait what? Am I in love with him? That's not even possible, but I guess that's why I feel like I feel great around Hakyeon. We've only met yesterday, but it feels good already. Ahw man, I don't want this.