VINGT QUATRE

I Am Different

Jae Young has taken a seat across from the couch where Hakyeon, Byeongkwan and I sit at. I still don't like the presence of Jae Young around me, but I should keep him as a friend. He is a clan leader and once they order to attack you, the entire clan for sure will kill you. And since I'm a rookie into this life, I am not ready for that to be honest.

''I have heard many stories about you already and you seem like a special warlock already. Using all of your magic as a rookie to kill demons? You definitely have balls to do so. I think you are the most daring warlock so far, because no other rookie has done that before. Everyone knows about you being the son of Asmodeus and everyone has kept an eye on you ever since the day you were born, because everybody had to see how Asmodeus's son was going to grow up. I was surprised that he had erased your memories from a long period of time, making you believe you were living in this Century. Such a shame for him to do so. But let me tell you one thing, Taekwoon: Don't do anything wrong against our clan, because we are going to kill you then. My clan is the most powerful clan in Seoul, so you better keep us as a friend. But since you're 'friends' with Byeongkwan already, I don't think that should be a problem to you.'' Jae Young says as he looks at me with threatening eyes. He knows for sure how to make me feel uncomfortable, because I don't like it when he looks at me.

Hakyeon takes my hand in his and rubs over it, trying to make me comfortable. But I'm not comfortable at all, because of Jae Young's presence. He wanted to make clear that he is the clan leader and that vampires aren't creatures to mess with. I just don't know well who I should trust and who I shouldn't, but I already know by now that Jae Young can't be trusted. But I have to keep him as a friend, because I'm dead the next time Jae Young comes after me. 

''Jae Young please, take it slow with him. It's been maybe a month or so since he discovered who he truly is and the fact that Asmodeus is his dad, doesn't make him feel proud of it. He hates his father for faking his own death and erasing his memories.'' Byeongkwan whines and I look with wide eyes at him. Did he just try to defend me? A vampire like him shouldn't do that right? Jae Young immediately starts to burst into huge laughter and his laughter is the most evil I have heard so far.

''Taking it slow with a warlock? No Byeongkwan, a leader like me doesn't do that. I don't take it slow with anyone, not even with rookies. And why should I do that with him? He is Asmodeus's son and everyone in our community knows who he is, so there is no way to take it slow with someone like him. However, he is different and I don't see anything from Asmodeus's character in him. He isn't that aggressive like Asmodeus is, but I can tell by Taekwoon's face that he is very unpredictable. I can't read his face, aside from that I can read his mind. Now now Taekwoon, show me your mark. Every warlock has a mark and I can't tell by you what you might have.'' Jae Young shares as Hakyeon wraps an arm around me. Jennie hasn't said a word since Jae Young came in, or is she someone who follows Jae Young like a lost puppy?

I look at Jae Young and it's then that my eyes change into the cat eyes. Jennie gasps again and Jae Young seems like he is impressed, but he is very unpredictable himself. So I don't know what to expect of an answer coming from Jae Young, not that I would care about it. When my eyes return to their normal color, Hakyeon pulls me closer as I feel his warmth around me. I'm sure everyone will know by now that Hakyeon and I are dating aswell, so I to let go of the thought that I don't want Hakyeon to touch me whenever anyone like Jae Young is around. If anyone knows about this news by now, I don't want to hide it anymore.

''Well well, you two are dating huh? Everyone is talking about it, so it's not a surprise to see you two like this.'' Jae Young continues and I kinda start to get annoyed by his presence, because there is only coming out of his mouth and I am clearly annoyed. Not that vampires like Jae Young care about it to be honest.

"I saw them making out the first time that Taekwoon appeared in the gym, meaning that they are dating for at least a month or two." Byeongkwan points out, causing Jae Young to growl soft. Vampires aren't supposed to feel anything, so I'm not blaming him for that. Instead, Jae Young leaves his seat and sits in his knees in front of me within seconds. His eyes lock with mine and barely has any emotion on his face.

"A rookie like you is dating? Hopefully your lovey dovey moments aren't going to distract you." Jae Young speaks in a lower voice and I feel anger boiling up. How dare he say that he is underestimating me? I'll show him that I am capable of so much more, but not yet. I am not allowed to go outside yet, not until I get permission of Minhee to go join warlocks in any upcoming fights.

Jae Young laughs as he gets up and makes his way to his seat again. He for sure likes to intimidate others for sure, but I won't let him intimidate me. I know that Hakyeon will keep saying that I shouldn't underestimate Jae Young, but I should show him that he shouldn't to that to me either. I can't wait to go outside again and prove Jae Young that I am someone he shouldn't underestimate. 

"Taekwoon, don't." Hakyeon whispers to me as he tightens his grip on me. I look at him and I sigh deep. I can't keep him as a friend like this, I just can't.

"You still need to learn a lot, Taekwoon. And I can't let you go outside until Minhee allows you to." Hakyeon continues to whisper. Maybe this is what it feels like as a rookie, maybe I should put my life at risk before I learn from those mistakes. There is so much about this life that I don't know and I feel like everything is a lie, I still might be in the denial state.

"Alright, I'm leaving. Jennie, you come with me. Byeongkwan comes whenever he wants to come." Jae Young says as he gets up from his seat and Jennie gets up aswell. Byeongkwan growls softly, but refuses to look at Jae Young. He has balls for sure to not look the leader in the eyes.

The two leave in the blink of an eye and I look at Byeongkwan, who still looks at the ground. I hope that Byeongkwan will leave this clan to join a new one, because I don't think Byeongkwan belongs in this clan.