ONZE

I Am Different

Hakyeon and I are in downtown Seoul, because Hakyeon decided that we're going to shop for some clothes for me. I don't have a lot of choice aside from the outfit Minhee gave me, so Hakyeon decided to do that for this afternoon since he didn't have anything planned. This is the first time that I'm out in public as a warlock, if I don't include being at the gym this morning. As for so far, no one looks at me in a weird way. If they look at me, I can tell by their looks that they know what I am.

Hakyeon takes me from one shop to another, just to show me the shops he goes to very often. All of those shops are very chic and that makes sense to me, I now understand why Hakyeon wants to show off the wealth. But does he want me to become like that? I think I'm going to feel embarrassed if I do it the same way like he does. I mean, I'm not used to doing stuff like that. I never felt the pride inside to show off how wealthy I am. 

''Let's go inside this shop, I think that they have great stuff for you. Be aware, don't show off that you're a warlock okay? Mundanes don't really believe they exist, mundanes think they are a myth. Unlike your friend ofcourse.'' Hakyeon says as he drags me with him into a store. The wealth is shown pretty quick, because only very expensive designer clothes are being sold here. How the heck is Hakyeon planning to pay whatever he finds? I wonder how warlocks earn their money, do they even work for that?

Hakyeon lets go of me and immediately starts to look through the clothes on the racks. I can hear him mumble, but I don't know what he says. I don't care either, he'll do whatever he wants. In the mean time, I look around to take it all in where I actually am. I never really entered any of these stores, because I never thought that they would have clothes that I would even like. But now that I am a warlock, I definitely will be dragged in here by Hakyeon. 

''Taekwoon, can you put this on? I'm sure it will look good on you.'' Hakyeon holds an outfit in front of me and I kinda wonder if it will look good on me. But I decide to nod, I don't want to hurt his feelings about this. The outfit Hakyeon has chosen, consists of a velvet coat which is similar to the one I wear now with a black blouse underneath it. To finish the look, Hakyeon has added a pair of black skinny jeans underneath it. Why the hell would you put a pair of skinny jeans underneath this outfit? But okay, if this is what he wants me to try on.

I make my way to the dressingroom and a lot of warlocks glare at me. Oh really guys? I'm like you, but worse in magic. I still need to practice a lot to join the other warlocks in order to protect people like Minki and to help those Shadowhunters out. I enter the dressingroom and I get changed. I decide to use my bare hands for this, since I am not capable of using my magic for this.

I look into the mirror and I have to say that I kinda like this on me. The blue velvet coat looks awesome and the rest of the outfit doesn't look bad either. I'm starting to like my appearance more and more now, never knew that warlocks can dress themselves any way they want. I always dressed pretty casual, but I can't do it like that anymore. I can't dress like humans anymore, I have to dress myself the same way the warlocks do and I need time to say with pride that I am a warlock.

''Well Taekwoon, how does it look?'' Hakyeon asks and I open the curtains to show him the outfit he handed me over. Hakyeon starts to smile and nods when he looks at me. At least he isn't regretting his decision to put me into this outfit.

''This is perfect for the party of tonight, isn't it?'' I ask him and Hakyeon nods, but suggests that he is also going to look for something more. He didn't come here for just one outfit. So Hakyeon tells me that I can take this outfit off and that I have to wait for him until he returns with another outfit. I nod and I do what he told me. I noticed that warlocks keep looking at me and not in a good way. I really wanna get out of here, because I don't like it when warlocks glare at me.

''Alright, I have something over here for you.'' Hakyeon says as he sticks his arm inside the room, reaching out another expensive outfit. Hakyeon reached out black shiny pants with a grey blouse over it and it's finished with a dark blue jacket. Alright, if this is what he wants me to put on now. Then I should do it. 

I take the outfit out of Hakyeon's hand and I quickly change into the other outfit. Once I changed, I pull the curtain to the side and I look at Hakyeon, who is smiling yet again.

''All of this looks amazing on you. You seriously have the perfect body for all of these clothes.'' Hakyeon says and looks at me from head to toe. I honestly like these clothes aswell, I never knew that I would change on the outside that much. I also never would've thought that it would look good on me, even the long hair.

''Alright, we'll take these two outfits for now. But we are going to visit this place more often Taekwoon, because you definitely need some more. I plan to leave this place now, since it gets way too crowded right now. And not everyone looks pleased to see you here.'' Hakyeon says as I nod. I pull the curtain back and I get changed into my original outfit. I take the two outfits with me as I leave the dressingroom. The two of us make our way to the cash desk, where Hakyeon pays for my clothes.

''Well well, you must be new here right? Haven't seen you before.'' the cashier says and I nod when he starts to scan the barcodes on the items.

''That's right, because I recently discovered that this is my life. You know, I always believed I was human as my father kept me away from this life. Later I discovered, that the Prince of Hell is my dad.'' I tell him and Hakyeon jumps in by telling him the whole story. The cashier is surprised by this, because he wasn't expecting a story like this. 

''Now that I see your face, I kinda recognise you. I have seen you crossing these streets now and then and your name isn't unfamiliar either. But I am glad that you now have discovered the real you.'' the cashier says and smiles when he looks at me. Well, thanks for that. He at least doesn't judge me like everyone else here in the shop does.

After Hakyeon has paid for the clothes, we tell the cashier goodbye and we leave the shop. But right outside, more warlocks glare at me.

''You! You're the son of the Prince of Hell aren't you? Get away from here, you monster!'' one warlock yells at me and many more start to join him. I sigh and I look at Hakyeon, who looks with a heartbreaking look at me. Why is everyone so against me if they haven't met me before?

''Come on Taekwoon, let's go.'' Hakyeon says as we walk away from the warlocks. Hakyeon creates a portal and we teleport ourselves home. I am glad that we're away from those warlocks, because I am heartbroken by the fact that warlocks are already judging me without even knowing how I have lived before.