SIX

I Am Different

The two vampires leave an hour later and I'm in a conversation with Minhee and Hakyeon. Hakyeon holds me close and his warmth is comforting me a lot now. I still can't get over the fact that my parents were hiding that I wasn't human, but worse... that my dad was a demon.

''It's a lot to take in right? I'm glad that Hakyeon stepped up to take you in, because I am sure that he can help you out by giving all of this a spot. But it's time for you to be exposed to a world filled with danger, it's time to get used to this life. It's a shame that you lived like a human, but I can no longer tell that to your parents. Have you lived those few years on your own?'' Minhee shares and I nod once he drops the question. What the hell is he thinking? I had nowhere else to go and my friends definitely weren't planning to take me in after my parents died.

Minhee then looks at my clothes. I quickly defend myself by saying that Hakyeon chose this, because he wanted me to change my appearance.

''Seriously Hakyeon, this is what you got? Come on, you always dress better and this is what you give our new warlock? Come with me Taekwoon, I have something much better for you.'' Minhee says as he scolds at Hakyeon, who growls a bit. I let go of Hakyeon and I get up from the couch as I follow Minhee to Hakyeon's bedroom. Has he visited Hakyeon's bedroom more often or something? He seems to find it so easy.

Instead of opening the closet of Hakyeon, Minhee snaps in his fingers. When I look down, I'm covered in a black outfit and a dark purple coat which reaches my ankles. My shoes are black and they are shiny.

''W-Wow Minhee, this looks different. Way different, but I like it.'' I tell him and Minhee smiles. He places his hands on my shoulders and his eyes meet mine.

''This is how a warlock should look like, this shows how wealthy you are. What Hakyeon chose for you, is just too casual for a warlock. This looks a lot better on you.'' Minhee says and looks at me from head to toe, before he lets go of me.

''As for your magic, you need to train to get that under control. If you will use too much, you can get exhausted. So I am glad that Hakyeon is going to help you out with that.'' Minhee continues as we make our way back to Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiles as we approach him and Hakyeon doesn't stop looking at me. He places his hand on my arm and pulls me closer, before me wraps his arms around me to pull me in a hug.

''You look even better now than you just did. I think that this is more you. Now that we have changed your look, we're starting off with the training tomorrow right?'' Hakyeon compliments me and I chuckle, before I nod as an answer to his question. 

The three of us take a seat again on the couch and Minhee immediately takes my wrist, before he turns my hand so that the palm is facing up.

''I want to see how powerful your magic is now. I heard the stories of how you killed a demon last night, but I wanna see right now how powerful it is. Try to create some blue fire as a start.'' Minhee tells me and I am confused right now, but not too confused to understand what he wants. I try to make myself angry and it's then that some blue fire appears as it flows above my hand. My eyes have changed too, but I guess that's a part of this. Hakyeon places his hands on my shoulders in the mean time and Minhee starts to smile when he sees the blue fire.

At his sign, I drop my hand and the blue fire disappears too. My eyes turn back to normal aswell and I look for a quick second at Hakyeon, who smiles. I can tell that he is proud of me, but I can't be proud of myself yet. I need to work hard for it to realise that I can be proud of the one who I am now. 

''I am pretty sure that Taekwoon is going to be a worthy addition among us warlocks. I hope that you, Hakyeon, will Taekwoon in more often when you visit me. I want to see the growth he has gone through. I hope to see that the human Taekwoon is gone the next time I see him.'' Minhee says and I don't even know what to think. He doesn't want to see the person anymore that I used to be? Oh wow, how am I going to do that? 

Hakyeon pulls me closer and chuckles. After all these hours, I am still confused. I need to take some sleep to get it a little behind me. All these years, I have lived a lie. I need a lot of time to get this behind me. I hope that I can see Minki one day, I want to show him the changes that I've been through and I want to protect him. Whether Hakyeon likes it or not, but Minki is a good friend of mine. And I need to protect him. 

''Alright, it's time for me to go. Remember Hakyeon, you and Taekwoon will see me more often and I want to get rid off that humanity in him. See you two next time.'' Minhee says and creates a portal, before he creates a portal and steps through it as he disappears. I look at Hakyeon and I start to feel worried. How does he expect from the two of us to fully turn me into a warlock?

''It's late Taekwoon, I suggest that we're going to sleep now. You need it in particular, because you have to take in a lot.'' Hakyeon tells me and I sigh as I nod. I think Hakyeon is right, I need some rest. I still am not over what I went through last night and all of the stuff that I experienced today, hasn't made it any better. But the biggest question for now is where I will sleep.

Hakyeon seems to know where I wonder about, because he immediately takes me with him once we get up. We make our way to his bedroom and I look at him with a frown on my face. He wants me to sleep here? He's got to be kidding me?

''I'll take care of your room tomorrow, but you'll sleep here with me for tonight. I'll keep my space, I promise.'' Hakyeon tells me as he lets go of me. Ehm, seriously? Oh well, it's only for one night. So it shouldn't be a big deal.

I sigh and I take a seat on the bed. Hakyeon takes a seat next to me and scoots closer to me. He wraps an arm around me and rubs over my arm. Another sigh escapes my mouth and I can only look at my shoes. My life is one big chaos and I don't know if I can ever get over this mess that has been created. How can I ever be an addition to the warlocks if I am a mess like this? I don't think I am that special if I have to be honest. Oh well, I hope that I can get some sleep tonight. I really hope so.

~*~

A/N One of my favorite actors died yesterday, Godfrey Gao. Ave Atque Vale. It's so sad that he died at the same day that EXO returned with Obsession, Kim Jongdae killed me there!