VINGT-HUIT

I Am Different

After Asmodeus leaves me and Hakyeon behind, Hakyeon creates a portal and we make our way home. I know that I am ignoring Asmodeus and someone like me shouldn't do that, but I have to. Asmodeus wasn't there for me and just held everything back for me, so he has all the rights that I don't want to recognise him as my dad.

Hakyeon immediately pulls me close as he pulls me in for a hug after the portal closes. I wrap my arms around Hakyeon and I sigh deep as my head rests on Hakyeon's shoulder. I am more than happy that we're home, because I am not going back there. The warlocks blamed me for every single action of Asmodeus and I am not even responsible for that. The majority of his actions was done before I was even born. But here in Seoul, everyone isn't judging me like they did in that mall. All the downworlders know who I am and the warlocks here are willing to protect me at all costs, but even vampires like Byeongkwan.

''I-I didn't know that they would react to you like that, Taekwoon. I'm sorry.'' Hakyeon blows into my ear and starts to kiss my neck. I close my eyes and I sigh yet again. I know that Hakyeon wanted it to be a day for just the two of us, but it turned into a day at which all the warlocks were scolding at me and even Asmodeus appeared. My day already has been ruined and I don't know if there is something that can make me feel better today.

''It's okay Hakyeon, you didn't know how they were going to react. And you weren't aware of Asmodeus being there, so there is nothing that I can blame you for. Hopefully there will be something else to cheer me up, because I feel screwed right now.'' I sigh out of frustration and Hakyeon takes me with him to the couch. Once he takes a seat, he pulls me on top of him. At this time, my eyes are still closed and I don't even feel the urge to open them.

''For now, I want to calm you down. I'll think of a plan later. But I need to calm you down first, because you seem like you have been slapped in the face by those warlocks. No one messes with my boyfriend.'' Hakyeon says as he whispers the last sentence into my ear. I chuckle as I feel shivers run down my spine. It's cute what Hakyeon tries to do and maybe that is something that I need right now. Asmodeus has ruined my entire life and I don't think he is about to give up. Besides, is he also coming to Min Hee's party? I don't know, but I hope he won't.

''Did I miss something?'' the voice of Min Hee makes me want to get up in a reflex as my eyes shoot open, but Hakyeon holds me close against him and I close my eyes again. Hakyeon starts to play with my hair and he looks up to Min Hee, who takes a seat next to us on the couch.

''Geez Min Hee, really? Never heard of knocking? Oh well. So I wanted to take Taekwoon with me to the mall where only us warlocks are allowed to go to. I wanted to spend some time there with him and I was stunned when the warlocks were calling Taekwoon out on those actions of Asmodeus. To make matters worse, Asmodeus was there aswell and he made it even worse.'' Hakyeon explains, resulting in Min Hee groan in annoyance.

''That bastard, he seems to be after Taekwoon for some reason and I can't figure out why. Anyways, I am here because of the party that I will host soon. It's 2 months away from now and I want to do everything to keep Asmodeus out, since he is the Greater Demon with warlock features. I hope that you two will do some shopping for your outfit for the party, because I know how your closet is like Hakyeon. Also, I wanted to check up on Taekwoon. I have never cared that much about a warlock like I do now with Taekwoon, as he is the son of Asmodeus.'' Min Hee says as I feel his hand on my shoulder.

''Asmodeus loves to threaten with the fact that he can shut down Taekwoon anytime he wants, but even I don't know why Asmodeus is after him. He is only telling us lies and none of them make sense. He keeps saying that he is telling the truth, but he can't be trusted. I think it's the best that we keep Taekwoon here in Seoul, he isn't safe outside of Seoul.'' Hakyeon says and I open my eyes once he says it. I am not surprised or in panic, I am more than relieved that they keep me in this city. I'm sure the entire country knows about me, but I am not ready yet to stay strong against those who call me out on the actions of Asmodeus. I just give in to my feelings too much at this moment.

I sit up straight upon Hakyeon's lap and it's then that I look at Minhee, followed by a nod. Asmodeus is only tracking me down to attack me with lies and nothing more than that, he doesn't give me time to get used to this life. Because a year after I discovered who I really am, I still find it difficult to realise that I can no longer be the same friend to Minki who I used to be before.

''Asmodeus keeps coming after me for no reason. Well, he wants me to acknowledge him as my dad. But after everything he has done to me, I can't and I never will be able to. He erased my memories, so I will never be able to know where I grew up in the past 500 years and what I have done in those years. I have to do it with the memories of the past years in the human world.'' I share with Minhee, who pulls me in for a short hug as Hakyeon's arms slide down to my waist. Hakyeon is one of the best warlocks to have on my side and we have grown so close during the time that we're dating, I can't even think about not having in my life anymore.

''Don't worry Taekwoon, you have the right people around you now. Ofcourse it's hard to deal with that you will never be able to know what happened in those 500 years, but we can make it up to you. We can show you everything that us warlocks do and what we like to do if we don't have to help out against evil. You're also the first case that grew up in the human world believing to be human, but we are still more than happy that you are right where you belong... with us. Since I am the High Warlock of Seoul, I have to protect you on all costs. Especially because of you being the son of the Greater Demon.'' Minhee responds as he lets go of me. 

Well, I at least know what happened to my mum. And that my dad is the worst creature ever, he just let her die there and didn't even started to look for her right away.