DIX-NEUF

I Am Different

Finally after a month, I am able to leave Hakyeon's place. But I am only allowed to the gym for practice and I feel a little sad about it, because I can't participate Hakyeon whenever he goes to the Pandemonium or something. I haven't heard Hakyeon talk about the Pandemonium ever since I collapsed in front of many species, I have only heard that the vampires backed down after the news of me. I wonder why, because I only thought that they would just keep attacking.

Hakyeon and I are in the gym and this time, we are on our own. Hakyeon has stayed with me in the time that I needed to recover and he also stayed with me in bed. Whenever I needed some food, Hakyeon used his magic to get the food immediately on our bed. Every now and then, we got some visitors who wanted to see how I was doing. Byeongkwan has visited me the most, but even Changmin, Jennie, Minhee and even Asmodeus visited me. I still don't want him in my life, because he has abandoned me for the first years in my life. He didn't want to acknowledge me as his son and now, he wants to acknowledge me. Minki still hasn't paid me a visit, but I guess that he doesn't know where Hakyeon lives at. 

Hakyeon is starting his attack and I try to defend myself immediately by using a little amount of magic. It's still really powerful, but I feel like I have it more in control. It's not like that compared to the first time I used my magic, maybe it's because of the fact that I used all of my magic during that moment in the Pandemonium a while ago.

''How do you feel huh?'' Hakyeon asks after I finished my defence. Honestly, I feel better than I did before. But I still have to get used to my life as a warlock, because I always believed that I was human. Asmodeus has erased my memories, so I don't remember anything of my life at the time I was born. 

''I feel more relieved to be honest. It really felt like there was a lot of energy inside me and now it feels like all of it has been released.'' I respond to him and I sigh. Hakyeon makes his way to me and wraps his arms around me as he pulls me into a hug. I am glad that I get this support from Hakyeon, because I do need it right now. 

''Alright, let's continue with practicing alright?'' Hakyeon suggests and I nod, before Hakyeon lets go of me and gets back into his position again. Now, it's my time to attack and I try to think of whatever Hakyeon told me in the time that I had to recover. Hakyeon told me to start slow with the attack and to save the best for last, so that is what I am trying to do right now. Trying to start slow and to save the best for last, because I might end up exhausted if I use all of my energy again.

Hakyeon already starts to show difficulties in defending himself and it seems that I am adjusting whatever Hakyeon told me, so that means that I am getting better already. Which is a good thing, because Minhee doesn't want me to join the warlocks just yet. Only when he thinks that I have practiced enough, so I need to practice some more.

''You're getting better, so I am proud of you so far Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says after he falls backwards on the mats in the gym. He sound exhausted, but I am too. We're not there yet, but I'm getting into the right direction. And I also start to get used to this life more and more, because I finally start to realise who I really am. Even Hakyeon starts to become happy more and more that I am finally realising that this life belongs to me.

I make my way over to Hakyeon and I reach out a hand to him, which Hakyeon takes and he gets up from the floor. He immediately wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer. My hands rest on his shoulders and both of us smile when our eyes meet.

''You're getting there, my love. I'm proud of you.'' Hakyeon says and kisses my cheek. I'm glad that Hakyeon keeps supporting me, even if I have to start at the bottom. Funny enough, I also get some support from Byeongkwan. But for how long can I trust a vampire like him? I mean, vampires are unpredictable and I don't want to be the one who keeps trusting anyone while they can't be trusted. 

''Thanks Hakyeon, thanks for the great support.'' I tell Hakyeon and my head is resting on his shoulder as I let go of his right shoulder with my hand. I love to be like this with Hakyeon, but we should keep the rest for later. Hakyeon, however, doesn't let go of me. 

''You're welcome, my love.'' Hakyeon whispers and I chuckle. I kinda start to like it when Hakyeon says 'my love', because it makes me feel special. Even more than I have ever felt before.

Hakyeon lets go of me and so do I, as I make my way to my position. It's then that I hear the door and when I turn around, I see a group of warlocks standing there as if they want to kick to us out.

''If you guys want to practice, go ahead. We're doing our own thing here.'' Hakyeon says as he looks over my shoulder towards the group of warlocks, who still haven't moved or said anything. But right after that, they immediately burst into huge laughter. 

''If you two thought we came for that, than you're wrong. No, we heard about a new warlock in town and all the stories brought us here.'' one of them says and I can tell immediately that I can't trust these warlocks, I don't know why.

''Did they gave you a name too? We don't know who you're talking about.'' Hakyeon responds before I can. The group of warlocks comes closer and I turn sideways, so that I can see both Hakyeon and this group. When the group stands pretty close near us, they look at both of us and their eyes rest on me.

''You. You are that new warlock in town... Jung Taekwoon.'' another warlock says and I sigh as I nod a little. I'm so freaking busted right now, because I am sure that someone sent them to get me or something.

Just like I predicted, Asmodeus shows up and I sigh in annoyance. Really? Hakyeon is only allowed to take care of me and it's definitely not Asmodeus who is allowed to do so. Aside, why would he come after me if he had faked his own death so that I had to live a life that wasn't supposed to be mine at all?

''You really sent these warlocks, Asmodeus? For what? So that you can take Taekwoon away, the son who you didn't want to acknowledge as a warlock?'' Hakyeon keeps asking and Asmodeus bursts into a huge laughter.

''Now now, Cha. I heard already why my son isn't allowed to come outside other than to come here for practicing. And since that has been a rule that has been made, it's a rule we must accept and cannot be broken. No, I asked these warlocks to get to know my son.'' Asmodeus says and I groan. I don't believe a single word of what he just told me.