QUATORZE

I Am Different

Minhee has disappeared, so Minki and I continue our conversation. I would love to join Hakyeon on his side again, but now I only want to spent some time with Minki. Because the chance that I'll see him again might be very little.

''I hope that we can stay friends after all, Taekwoon. I don't want all of this to end our friendship. I mean, we have been friends for a long time.'' Minki nearly whines and I nod as I take his hand in mine. I can't see my friend like this, but it's the sad truth. After it's time to go, I will have to practice again to keep my magic under control. It's a long road I am taking, but there's no way possible. I need to earn my spot into the warlock community and this is the only way to earn that spot.

It's then that I feel a hand on my shoulder yet again and I exactly know whose hand this is... Hakyeon. Hakyeon must've seen that I was talking to Minki over here and I am sure that he wants me back there, but I'm not going that easily. I can't leave my friend here. I turn my head towards him, resulting in receiving a kiss from Hakyeon.

''I missed you, I didn't know you left my side. But good to see you here Minki, it's been a while.'' Hakyeon says as he looks over my shoulder to Minki, who smiles as he nods. It indeed has been a while for the two of them since they saw each other.

Hakyeon lets go of my shoulder and wraps his arm around my waist. He reduces the space between me and him as I feel his chest against my back. I don't want to show Minki too much how much I actually like Hakyeon now that we're dating, but I am sure that Minki will notice that immediately. He knows me better than I even know myself, so Minki definitely will tell from my face that I like Hakyeon more than I actually am showing right now.

''What brought you here actually? I wasn't really expecting you here.'' Hakyeon then drops as he decides to change the subject. Minki takes a sip of his drink in the mean time and looks at Hakyeon again, right in the eyes this time.

''I was bored, so I decided to go to a club. But this club was one I haven't been before and the mysterious look on the outside made me curious to go in, so here I am.'' Minki then explains and I am quite surprised, because I never would've thought he would go in here. But it's a good thing that it happened, because we finally reunited again. It's been a short time since we were separated from each other, but it still feels really long to me.

''I'm sorry to interrupt your moment together, but I'd like you to join me again Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon then changes the subject and I sigh as I look at Minki. I know that Hakyeon wants me to be separated from my friends, but I can't leave Minki behind like this. Because when will I ever see him again? Minki finishes his drink and gets up from his stool as he tells me that it's okay. 

''It's okay Taekwoon. You're living a different life and we can't hangout like we used to do that. But I still have your phone number and I promise that I will call you or text you at a later moment. Now that you're still in transition from a life you believed you live to your actual life, it's your priority now. Focus on that first okay?'' Minki explains as he pulls me into a hug and leaves the club. Ugh, Hakyeon had to ruin it again. But Minki kinda has a point here, I have to focus on the transition I currently make. I sigh as I look at Hakyeon, who starts to smile at me.

I get up from my stool and the two of us make our way to Hakyeon's lounge again. The warlocks that used to be with Hakyeon apparently already left, meaning that this lounge is ours now. Right after we sit down, Hakyeon pulls me closer and my head is resting on his shoulder immediately.

''Tomorrow, we're going to practice again. It's important that you're going to practice every day, you never know when another fight breaks out. I can't just do this on my own you know?'' Hakyeon brings up and I sigh. I know, but I am not ready to be interrupted by Byeongkwan or Asmodeus again. Hopefully, it's just me and Hakyeon tomorrow. I want to get all of this behind me, so that I can be outside again. I need to prove to the community that I am nothing like Asmodeus, I am not a monster like he is.

I look at the crowd that is having the time of their lives. I kinda feel sad that I can't be like them anymore, I can't party anymore like I did before. I always will be a different person from now on and it still scares me that my life has changed so much within just a few days. Hakyeon streaks through my hair in the mean time as I hear him chuckle. 

''I love to be here with you, because I don't have to pretend that I am having fun. Everytime I got here, I had to pretend that I enjoyed it here while I didn't. Now that I have you, I can enjoy things like this a lot more.'' Hakyeon whispers and I chuckle this time. How can a confident warlock like him pretend to have fun at parties like this? At the parties I went in my former life, I enjoyed all of them. I at least knew how to have a good time, but I kinda feel like a toddler who goes out in public for the first time. I feel different from before. 

''I honestly prefer to be like this at home, but it's a great moment to be outside our home right now. I mean, I love to keep my privacy though.'' I share with Hakyeon as I look at him. Hakyeon smiles in the mean time, but keeps his eyes on the crowd. It's then that my eyes shift to the crowd aswell and I then notice that something is going on between the vampires and the werewolves. It seems like that they're having a fight and I wanna know what is going on there, I need to know if we have to step up and cut it off. But I'll let it depend on Hakyeon and I let him take care of it, since my magic is still not under control.

''H-Hakyeon? What's going on there?'' I then ask him and Hakyeon looks into the direction where I point into. Hakyeon and I look at each other and I can tell that Hakyeon is kinda worried, but I don't know why. 

''If vampires and werewolves are in a fight with each other, that means that it's going to be a bloody battlefield. A bite from a werewolf can be fatal for a vampire.'' Hakyeon tells me and lets go of me, as he gets up and leaves me behind in the lounge. Alright, thank you for leaving me behind without notifying me. But I'm glad that I don't have to use my magic just yet, I've had only one practice which got interrupted by Byeongkwan and Asmodeus.

~*~

A/N Merry christmas everyone