TRENTE DEUX

I Am Different

Taemin, Hakyeon and I fled to a room in the Pandemonium which is only for staff, but it's empty this time. I sigh out of frustration, because I want to live a life without Asmodeus all the time coming after me. I'm sure he wants me to take him to let me grow up as the Prince of Hell, I'm not going to do that at all.

''How do you know that he is after you? How can you be so sure?'' Taemin asks and I look at him. I have developped a certain instinct for this, so I know at some point when he is after me and Hakyeon knows aswell when I can feel that moment coming.

''Everywhere where I go, he is there too. I don't know what he wants, because there are vague words coming out of his mouth and he also threatens to anyone to shut off my life. He can kill me anytime he wants.'' I tell Taemin and his eyes widen, but they're also filled with anger. Asmodeus is the hardest to beat and once he has his eyes set onto something, he won't let anything stop him.

''Ever since we met for the first time in Centuries, Asmodeus is after me. I don't know if he is happy, I don't know if he is mad... I can't put my finger on it. One thing is clear for sure, I am a disgrace for Edom and Asmodeus wants to take me there for some reason.'' I continue and I groan. I wanna leave Seoul, but I can't at the same time. Seoul is the only city that accepts me and I have support from Minhee aswell. But even if I flee to another town, Asmodeus is coming after me and will keep trying to get his hands on me.

Taemin decided not to create a portal, since demons easily can track down where a warlock teleported to. But they weren't save in here either, as the three warlocks heard the demons come closer. Taemin didn't want to create a portal, but the demons couldn't track them if they teleported to somewhere far away from the club. Yet he still refused to create a portal.

I still wonder why Minhee hasn't joined us, but he said he wanted to take care of the situation over there. I hope that he is okay, because I learned that warlocks still can be killed even if they're immortal. I'm scared, but I can't let Taemin and Hakyeon know. Hakyeon has wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and he holds me close against him. Hakyeon starts to kiss my neck as he pushes some of my hair away with his nose. Shivers run down my spine and my legs are about to give in, because this is definitely a weakness of mine.

''Psst, over here!'' a voice says from behind us. Hakyeon still has his arms around me, but looks behind him and Taemin and I follow. It's Changmin, a vampire I wasn't expecting at all to help out.

''I know you guys don't wanna use a portal, but this is a way out. Come on, let's go. Oh, Byeongkwan sent me in as he is waiting outside.'' Changmin says as he reaches out a hand. Hakyeon pushes me towards Changmin and lets go of me as soon as Changmin has my hand. Changmin pulls me up and I make my way outside by crawling. Hakyeon is the second one to be pulled up and Taemin at last. And right after Changmin closes the entrance he pulled us through, I don't know what it's called and I don't want to know, the demons burst through the door and I still can hear Asmodeus yell my name.

''Taekwoon, over here!'' Byeongkwan says and reaches out his hand, so that I can take it. We're being pulled out one by one, Changmin being the last. To my surprise, Jae Young is here aswell and I am not too pleased to see him again. 

''Well well, here we are again. Trouble in there?'' Jae Young asks and I brush the dust off my coat at the time I get up from the floor. Jae Young doesn't like it if you don't look him in the eyes. But he doesn't have the guts to save me from a place with demons and I prefer to keep myself calm, before I will use my magic again. The last time I used my magic, I wasn't able to leave the bed.

''If you know that Asmodeus is around trying to crush the party, you know there will be trouble.'' I simply tell him and Jae Young immediately starts to growl, as if he is ready to kill Asmodeus. But Asmodeus is a lot stronger than any vampire. I am as powerful as Asmodeus is, I just have to try to figure out how I can keep him away for good. 

''Jae Young, don't! You can't even come in, since it's for warlocks only.'' Taemin sounds stern as he makes his way to the clan's leader. Jae Young looks with angry eyes at Taemin, but said nothing. Jae Young didn't like it when a High Warlock was holding him back from anything, Jae Young was a very stubborn vampire himself and he would still do things his way, being a clan leader or not.

''Okay, let's go then.'' Jae Young sounds very disappointing, but Taemin would make him leave if Jae Young didn't want to leave. Clan leaders don't stand a chance if they are dealing with a High Warlock. Taemin, Changmin, Byeongkwan, Hakyeon and I follow Jae Young as we leave the Pandemonium behind us. I hope that I will hear from Minhee soon, because I don't know what is going to happen if he is being killed.

''Where are we going?'' Hakyeon asks and it really appears that Jae Young is annoyed by the fact that he has to take three warlocks with him, but he has no choice. So he looks over his shoulder to Hakyeon and hisses, before he starts to talk.

''Guess I have to take you all to our shelter, since it's not safe yet to return back home. And... Asmodeus can't stand our shelter. So there is no way that he'll come in.'' Jae Young hisses and focusses back on the road in front of us. Hakyeon is used to this vampire behavior and I am used to it aswell. I at first took it very personal, but Hakyeon told me not to. 

''So Taekwoon, how did you figure out who you really were? We all know about you, but I don't know how you discovered it yourself.'' Taemin says as he places a hand on my shoulder to catch my attention. I look at him and I also look at Byeongkwan, who signs at me that I can share it with Taemin.

''About a year ago, I was at a friend's house. We already planned to move out of Seoul, because we were terrified of everything outside. We were scared of demons, vampires, werewolves... even warlocks. My friend was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and I killed a demon when I started to use magic out of the blue. I always believed to be human, Asmodeus made me do it, and I was scared of myself. And later on, when I wanted to brush my teeth, my cat eyes appeared. My friend asked me if I was human or not, but I couldn't answer that question myself. I was terrified of myself.'' I share the story with Taemin, who seems to be surprised that I killed a demon in my friend's house. Even Byeongkwan looks at me as if he had seen a ghost.

''Asmodeus had erased my memories, so I can only remember my life of this Century and not of when I grew up as a child. He also isn't planning to give my memories back.'' I continue and I look at Hakyeon, whose eyes tell me that it's okay to share it with another High Warlock. Taemin told me that the entire warlock community knows about me, but it's just how they want to take it in. So I guess that Seoul is one of a few which has fully accepted me.