TROIS

I Am Different

Within seconds, Hakyeon and I are in his apartment. It's a luxurious one and it's far more luxurious than mine. Hakyeon had explained to me earlier that warlocks can create portals, they can use teleportation to go from A to B. He also told me that I don't have to worry about that, I will practice how to use my magic and how to create portals. 

Hakyeon snaps in his fingers and all of my stuff appears packed in boxes. I am still surprised how the world of a warlock is like, but I can't get over the fact that my parents never told me that I am a warlock instead of a human. But Hakyeon told me that I need time to give that a spot, because it's not going to be easy to forgive and forget if your life has been a whole lie since the start. Moving in with Hakyeon doesn't mean I no longer see Minki, because he still is able to visit me. Which I am glad about, because he's been my friend for years.

''Welcome to your new life, Taekwoon. Don't worry, I am not going to be harsh on you. Why should I? You're a warlock who never knew that he was one, so you have a lot to learn and I have a weakness for rookie warlocks. But first, let's change your clothes. Warlocks don't look mundane at all.'' Hakyeon explains and pulls me with him to his bedroom. Oh wow, I don't get time to look around in this apartment. Well, maybe later then. 

Hakyeon shows me his bedroom and in the time that he is opening his closet to look at something for me, I look around in his bedroom. Hakyeon has used a lot of warm colors for this, because it feels very comfortable in here. No wonder why Hakyeon is such a rich and wealthy warlock.

''I have this for you. You can borrow it for now, because we will go shopping a few days after today. I just want you to get used to this place and to your new life first. '' Hakyeon says after he shows me a black outfit with a leather jacket over it. Why does he want me to wear all black at first? Well, hopefully Hakyeon is going to be happy when I try it on. But I am going to miss it to walk around in jeans, because I loved those a lot. It's a shame that I have to dress more wealthy from now on and I feel embarrassed at first.

I make my way to the luxurious bathroom and I change into the clothes that Hakyeon had given me. I look into the mirror and I am surprised by how I look in this. I like the leather jacket on top of my full black outfit and I also wear leather shoes to finish it all. I already have a kind of pale skin and I was scared that black would be like a cursing color on me, but this looks pretty. I have to get used to the fact that I look 'wealthy', because I have to forget that I am not human. I always thought I was human, but that has been a lie my entire life.

I leave the bathroom and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at me. Well, I am glad that he approves this look on me.

''This looks amazing on you, Taekwoon. I am sure that the more you wear this, the more you start to appreciate it. And the more you start to realise that this is who you are.'' Hakyeon tells me and approaches me, before his hand rests on my shoulder. I give him a simple nod and I look Hakyeon right in the eyes, which start to make him feel uneasy.

''There's something about your eyes that makes me feel uneasy, I don't know what. But hey, let's go to the livingroom again and let's have a seat there okay?'' Hakyeon suggests and I nod, before the two of us make our way to the livingroom. It still feels unreal that I just changed my clothes into something that Hakyeon find more appropriate for our kind. It's sad that I can't go back to my old life, because I will face creatures like vampires and werewolves sooner than I thought. 

Hakyeon and I take a seat on the couch and I look outside, where I see the sky turn dark by the clouds. The day isn't that old yet and now it already turns dark. I wonder why, but I will learn more about my new life soon.

''You were born like this Taekwoon, but your parents must've hidden it from you. It's a shame, because you have lived in danger for so long. I'll keep you in here for today and we will start to train tomorrow, because you have to learn to embrace your original identity. And you have to learn how to use your magic.'' Hakyeon explains and shivers run down my spine. I still have issues with accepting who I really am after I learnt that I wasn't who I thought I was.

''I still have issues with accepting all of this after my parents have lied to me for years, I am scared of myself.'' I share with him and Hakyeon wraps his arms around my shoulders. I look at him to look into those brown eyes of Hakyeon as he starts to smile.

''I understand, because your life has been a big lie until now. Because your true identity has been revealed and you need to take the time to give it all a spot. And hey, you will learn to embrace it more and more once you learn how to use your magic. But also when you start to learn more about who you really are. You see, I was born like this. I never had to make the switch from one kind to another, but even I had to embrace my life as a warlock. Even I needed time to embrace who I really am.'' Hakyeon shares with me and I sigh, before a small nod follows. 

''Okay then.'' I simply answer and I look outside again, where the clouds got darker and darker. I don't trust everyone outside, I don't know what is going to happen. Hakyeon looks into the same direction and I hear him gasp.

''The demons are back again to make victims. Vampires aren't out yet, because it's not midnight. And the same counts for those who turn into a werewolf, the moon is covered right now. Aside from that, it's close to the afternoon. Just look outside the window tonight, because that's when the mess will be bigger. But I won't expose you to all of that, you're a rookie warlock who still has to figure out how magic works. I have heard that story of you of what happened last night and I honestly was stunned, because it shows that you were unaware of your powers. Now that you're with me, I hope that I can make you beware of your body a bit more.'' Hakyeon shares with me as I look back at him.

I hope that I can embrace my new life like Hakyeon says now, because it was a big shock to me when I discovered that I wasn't human after I killed that demon in Minki's house.