DIX-SEPT

I Am Different

To make matters worse, Minhee shows up out of the blue. Byeongkwan starts to growl, but cries once Minhee lashes out to him. Minhee takes a seat next to me on the left of me and one of his hands rests on my lap.

''It's good to see you again on the day after, but you look really bad. It's a good thing that I said to Hakyeon that you only can come outside for the gym until you have your magic under control, because you look like a total mess. I assume that our vampire over here must have said the same thing.'' Minhee says as Byeongkwan nods, but doesn't say a word. I'm still a rookie into this world, so I need to know a lot to even understand this a little more.

''Taekwoon feels pretty dizzy, so I had to carry him to the couch.'' Hakyeon continues and Minhee starts to rub over my leg. I don't know what he wants with this, but I appreciate his support. The only one who I wouldn't appreciate it from, is my actual father. He has made my life a living hell, so I want to keep him away from me as much as possible. The sad thing is, he has warlock traits so he apparently can create portals too. I can't wait for the moment that I can do that, because I don't want to depend on warlocks like Hakyeon.

''It's apparently the aftermath of the price he paid to kill those demons. Can I do a quick check on Taekwoon to see how long he will suffer from this?'' Minhee brings forward and Hakyeon nods, before Minhee places his hands on both sides of my head and closes his eyes as he lifts up my head a little. I groan immediately, as I start to feel pain go all across my body. I want Minhee to stop, because this is hurting me a lot. Fortunately, it doesn't last long and Minhee removes his hands from my head. My head is resting on Hakyeon's shoulder again and Hakyeon looks at Minhee, wondering how long it might last that I have to suffer from dizziness.

''Taekwoon has used a lot of his magic, which is very powerful. He might suffer from dizziness for another month, as he used an incredible force too. It's not that bad as I predicted, but Taekwoon needs a lot of rest. He can only go out of the house for practice once he is fully recovered. You need to remind him on this Hakyeon, because Taekwoon might need a longer time to recover once he uses more of his magic. Taekwoon is a rookie and rookies don't want to take warnings too serious.'' Minhee explains and Hakyeon sighs as he starts to kiss the top of my head. 

Byeongkwan is stunned when he hears this and it looks like his face is frozen, he apparently wasn't expecting this. Byeongkwan and I don't know each other that well yet, but he at least knows by now how determined I am to help others out. I also did that a lot when I was still in my so called 'former life'. I helped Minki too whenever people were doing some nasty things to him and I don't let go until people finally apologized to him.

''Yay, that means that I can visit more often to get to know you better. Like I said before, your name isn't unfamiliar to this world. Everyone knows your name and they also know how your face looks like. But they all say that you are like Asmodeus, coldhearted on the inside. But I want to get to know you better, so that I can see whether they are right or not. I told you that I look cold and intimidating, but I can also express worry. I'd love to become friends with you.'' Byeongkwan says as he glares at Hakyeon for a second, before looking at me again. I can tell that he and Hakyeon don't like each other, but they know each other for a longer time than I do.

''But why did Asmodeus keep you away from being a warlock? Why did he make you believe that you were human?'' Minhee asks and I try to turn my head into his direction,  but I feel even weaker than I just did.

''H-He told me that he did it to protect me. He didn't want me to grow up in a world with warlocks, vampires, werewolves et cetera. He wanted me to live a normal life, far away from all of this and he also said that my body apparently decided to reveal who I really am. He wanted me to be happy, but not like this.'' I explain and Minhee's eyes widen. Apparently, Minhee wasn't expecting it that Asmodeus would've told me a story like this.

''That pathetic liar! Asmodeus can only lie about certain things. Ofcourse he didn't want you to live a happy life outside of this life, he just didn't want you to know who you really are. He didn't want you to know that you are a warlock, since he isn't one 100%. He only has warlock traits, but he is nothing else but a demon. You are the result of when a mundane's blood mixes with that from a demon. He however was right about the death of your mother, he didn't lie about how she ended up dead. But he faked his death to you, so that he could live his life while forgetting about you. You could've ended up like a Prince of Hell if he had decided to let you grow up as a warlock.'' Minhee bursts out and starts to tell a story that I wasn't expecting. Did Asmodeus lie to me about all of this? How could he?!

Hakyeon places a hand on my cheek and rubs over my cheek. I hate it that all of what I believed, has turned out to be a big lie. I just don't know what to believe anymore, because one says this and another person says that. I think I'll go recover first, before I want to consider what I should believe and what I shouldn't believe. Everything is still a big mess in my head, so I get all of this behind me first.

''I think it's important right now that Taekwoon is going to take all of this in during his recovery, because everyone has told him lies in the years that he grew up. There's one thing I still wanna do, I'll place my hands on your forehead and I can try to determine how old you are. Warlocks look young and barely age, like vampires do. We don't know your age yet.'' Minhee then says and I sigh as I close my eyes again. Minhee places his hands on my forehead and I can hear him hum. I wonder why he is doing that, but maybe it is a part of this ritual or something.

Minhee gasps when he pulls back after 10 minutes and I open my eyes once I look at him. Okay, here we go. I always believed to be around 25 or something, but Minhee reaction tells me I must be older than that.

''Guys, Taekwoon is the same age as Hakyeon is. But Taekwoon is only 5 months younger.'' Minhee says and I look at Hakyeon, whose eyes widen. How can I be over 500 years old if I look like a young man between 25 and 30 years of age?