VINGT-DEUX

I Am Different

Hakyeon, Byeongkwan and I tell Minki everything he had missed after the last time we met. Hakyeon also shares about my breakdown at the Pandemonium and that I wasn't able to go outside, I still can't. I can only go to the gym and that's basically the only spot in public that I can go to. I am not allowed to go to the club anymore and I have to stay away from situations where demons are active. Because it can be fatal for me the next time.

''Taekwoon always had put his life at risk, so I'm used to that. But Taekwoon, you really used all of the magic you had? You really don't know where your limits are, do you?'' Minki scolds at me, making Byeongkwan burst into a huge laughter. Minki doesn't look at Byeongkwan and neither does Hakyeon. Instead, the two look at me and Hakyeon is rather surprised that I always have been like this.

''My instincts told me to do it, while I tried to promise myself to hold back. Maybe I should step over those limits, so that I know how far I can go. It's a risk I'm taking, but I have to know whether I go too far or not. You know me Minki, you should know how far I always want to take it.'' I nearly whine and now it's Byeongkwan who gasps, followed by a chuckle.

''Oeh, you're a type that I like honestly. Always trying to take it to the next level, I like that.'' Byeongkwan exclaims and Hakyeon immediately growls in disagreeement. That the two don't get along is already clear to me, but I always was like this. I need to know my limits by stepping over them and to set new boundaries, whether my loved ones like it or not. 

Minki pulls me and concern is visible more and more on his face. He isn't used to this and he also isn't used to the changes that I have made so far. But he has to accept that I am no longer hte person who I thought that I was. I am no longer the human looking Taekwoon, but I now am the missing piece to the warlock's specie. Everyone in this world know my name, all of them knew about my existance. It's creepy, but I finally learned why my name is familiar in this world.

''Minki, there's no way back okay? I can't go back to my old life, because that has been a big lie and I now discover the real me. I know that you want to deny all of this, but I was like that too okay. It's like a side of yourself is dead and fades away, but you need to embrace the new you at some point. That is what I'm still doing. It will take forever until I finally am be able to have my magic under control, but I have to. Because I need to help out the warlocks in the upcoming fights that I will face. Minki, our friendship won't fade away. Not if you keep your promise to call me more often and to share what you have done so far, because you have been very important for those years that I believed that I was human.'' I explain to Minki and Minki can't seem to hold his tears back, as he bursts into tears. I pull him in for a hug and I hold him the tightest I had ever held him. I know that it's hard for Minki to accept this, but it wasn't easy for me aswell.

Hakyeon places a hand on Minki's lap and rubs over his leg. Minki, in the mean time, starts to cry louder and it's kinda breaking my heart. It's sad to see my friend like this, but there's no way back anymore. Minki needs to accept that I am no longer the same and that I might not be in his life the way I used to be.

''Minki, Taekwoon is a warlock now and he has changed on the outside. But on the inside, he is still the same friend to you as you always had known him. His character hasn't changed for a bit and I think that is something you need to hold on to.'' Hakyeon brings forward and tries to comfort Minki. I then look at Byeongkwan, wondering if he has something to say. Byeongkwan shakes his head and I focus on Minki again. I hope that Minki is willing to stay in touch, because he was one of a few people who were actually there for me when I felt like I was alone.

But now I am surrounded by so many more now and I get a lot of support aswell, so I don't have to worry about my life. However, Minki will age and he will die one day. Am I able to say goodbye when that day is here? He is still young, so I don't wanna think about that just yet. And neither should he, because it shouldn't be about life and death today.

Minki looks up with his red watery eyes at me and isn't crying at this point. I look at him and I sigh. Hakyeon is right. I may have changed on the outside, but I am not on the inside. I am the exact same person on the inside, Minki has to realise that. Hopefully he will soon. Minki basically sobs and tries to inhale and to exhale, but he struggles to do so.

''I-I-I...'' Minki tries to speak, but bites his lip after that to fight back the tears. It's hard to see him break down like this, but I probably would be in his shoes if it was the other way around. For now, Minki is in a denial phase and has to fight himself through that phase. It's going to be okay with Minki, he just needs time to take this in.

''No, just don't okay? You're in a denial phase and you need to take this all in. I know that you're scared of losing me, but you won't. Like Hakyeon said, my character is still the same as only my appearance has changed.'' I try to comfort Minki and he nods in responds, before he inhales and exhales yet again. I am not going to let him go before he has calmed down. If he refuses to accept it, I'll ask Hakyeon if he can brainwash him or something. Sounds rude maybe, but Minki will keep refusing to take it all in.

I let go of Minki and I take a deep breath, before I change the entire subject.

''I will visit you one day, but I need the approval of the High Warlock of Seoul who goes by the name Minhee. Because only then, I can visit you. I hope that it won't take too long before I can come over, but I am looking forward to see your place again. I don't know what had happened to my place after I moved in here with Hakyeon, but yours will always be the same to me. And I'm doing all of this to protect you okay?'' I change the subject and a faint smile appears on Minki's face at the same time Byeongkwan places a hand on my shoulder. I am thankful that Byeongkwan at least wants to let me know that he agrees with me and not that he wants to rip Minki apart, because I will harm the hell out of Byeongkwan if he doesn't keep the promise.