DIX

I Am Different

After our shower, the two of us get dressed and we make our way to the livingroom. I wish it was nighttime again, because I only wanna sleep right now. Sadly, it's only near the afternoon. Hakyeon drops on the couch and pulls me with him, making me fall right in his lap. Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and my head is resting on his shoulder.

''You have gone through so much already and I wasn't expecting Asmodeus to show up.'' Hakyeon says as he rubs over my back. I sigh as I feel Hakyeon's hands on my back. I don't wanna think about that moment again, because I looked the demon right in the eyes who claims to be my father. He ruined my life and he hasn't apologized to me. I want my dad to realise what he has done to me and that my life has been a mess ever since.

''Expected or not, I don't wanna see him ever again. I don't wanna see him as my dad, because he doesn't take his responsibilities for everything he has done to me. Hakyeon, you have to protect me from him. I can't battle him if I have to one day.'' I whine and Hakyeon starts to kiss my neck. I close my eyes and I groan out of frustration. If my life wasn't this complicated, I probably never met my dad. I'm not that happy to be reunited with him, but I at least know who my dad is. I at least know how he looks like, but I still wanna know why he made me believe that I was human while he is a demon himself. I have so many questions left that he refused to answer. He only said he protected me, but I don't buy it.

''I can't promise that Taekwoon, you will meet him again one day. I have that with my vampires and other creatures too. As much as I hate them, I can't wish that I will never see them again. Like Byeongkwan. I can't stand him, but I can't avoid that I'll never see him again. Changmin and Jennie are also no exception. Speaking of the vampires, we'll meet the entire clan tonight. We're going to Pandemonium, one of the biggest clubs in town. We're going to a party and a lot of species will be there, even humans. But we call them mundanes instead.'' Hakyeon tells me and I look up after opening my eyes. We're going to a party? I haven't attended many parties at all. Let's hope that I won't see Asmodeus, he ruined it for me basically.

I relax the more Hakyeon kisses my neck. I hope that I will see Minki ever again, because I want to tell him everything that happened in the mean time. I hope that he won't react like he doesn't recognise me anymore, I'm sure that he wants to know everything that happened after Hakyeon took me with him to this place.

''Would that mundane friend of you come to Pandemonium?'' Hakyeon asks and I don't respond at first, because I enjoy Hakyeon's method of keeping me calm too much. But I know that Minki loves parties, though I'm not sure if he ever has been to the Pandemonium before.

''I know that he is a party type, but I don't know if he ever has visited Pandemonium. If he does, I can't wait to tell him all about this. We left him in shock behind right? Hakyeon, I've been friends with him as long as I can remember and he also witnessed that my eyes changed.'' I tell him and Hakyeon sighs. I know that Hakyeon wants to keep Minki away from me, but Minki has the right to know every single thing about my life now. He knows about how desperately I wished that I knew who my dad was.

I open my eyes and I pull myself up a little, looking Hakyeon right in the eyes. I know that Hakyeon doesn't want Minki in my life anymore, but Hakyeon needs to know that Minki was the only friend I had and Minki was the only one who ever cared about me. Minki is also the only one who knows that I am not human.

''Hakyeon, I know you don't want someone like Minki in my life. But he only knows about me not being human, so he has the right to know how I am doing right now.'' I assure Hakyeon and Hakyeon moves one hand to my shoulder. Minhee won't be happy with it either, but I can't help it that he has been a friend of mine for all my life. Minki is a great support, but it's a shame that our species drift us apart.

''I know Taekwoon, but we can't have mundanes around us. In this world, we have to protect each other against demons et cetera. We have Shadowhunters who protect the mundanes.'' Hakyeon says and I growl a little. Minki will stay in my life, whether he likes it or not. I don't have to meet him regularly, but I don't want to drift apart from him.

''Hakyeon please, I know that. But Minki is the only one who ever cared about me and he is the only one who knows that I am not human. If I see him in Pandemonium tonight, you have to know that I need to have a talk with him.'' I tell Hakyeon and I can tell that he doesn't like it what I just told him, but he has to understand my decision. He won't lose me because of this. Maybe he will if I can't react fast enough whenever someone or something is attacking me.

I let go of Hakyeon's lap as I take a seat next to him, his arms haven't let go of me. My head is resting on his shoulder and my hand is resting on his lap. I know that Hakyeon is worried about me, because I only have had one training that didn't go well. Hakyeon is scared that I might lose control of myself, which I completely understand ofcourse. But I promise him that I am not going to use any magic, I don't want to become even more scared of myself. 

''I know that we only know each other for a few days, but you have to trust me Hakyeon. Minki is a good friend of mine and I have to talk to him if he shows up at Pandemonium. You can keep an eye on me for sure, but you can't separate me from him for good.'' I explain and Hakyeon sighs. He doesn't want to let me go just yet, I am not capable yet to stand on my own feet in a world like this. He doesn't have to be scared, he only needs to protect me from creatures like demons. I am not going to use my magic, because it might be fatal to me. I have practiced for only one day, so I am not capable to use my magic in public.

''Alright then, but I will keep an eye on you.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. That's exactly what I wanted, just protection from him. I have so much to share with Minki and I need to explain it to him in a proper way. I hope that Hakyeon can keep Asmodeus and other evil creatures away from me.