NEUF

I Am Different

The blonde vampire sits down on the floor in front of us and completely ignores Hakyeon as I'm in a conversation with Byeongkwan. I still can't believe that one of the most dangerous demons happens to be my dad, I don't wanna believe it either. But I can't, I have to believe that one of the worst demons is my dad.

''You better keep me as a friend, Taekwoon. I'm a vampire you shouldn't mess with, I can make sure that I can kill you. Warlocks can't be killed by a vampire, since their blood is fatal for us.'' Byeongkwan says and I don't even react, because I don't even know how I should react. I thought I had gone through enough, now Byeongkwan is making it worse for me.

''I guess I have to, I have no choice.'' I sigh and Hakyeon immediately wraps an arm around me. Hakyeon whispers that I don't have to do this and I look from Byeongkwan to him.

''What do you expect me to do Hakyeon? If I'll treat him the same way as you do, he is going to make my life a living hell and I won't even be able to live my life as a warlock. Hakyeon, I have believed all these years that I was human. I should keep everyone as a friend, whether they're evil or not.'' I tell Hakyeon in frustration and Byeongkwan chuckles. I immediately look back at him, wondering why he chuckles. And it becomes clear to me after a few seconds when I see someone stand father away from us.

''Well well my son, glad to see that you're doing well these days. And you even became friends with a vampire huh?'' a male voice says and Hakyeon shakes, as I can feel that. Byeongkwan gets up from the floor and takes a seat next to me. The man comes closer to us and it's then that I can see his half long hair. Byeongkwan mumbles the name Asmodeus and I look with anger at the man once he stands in front of us.

''Why did you fake your own death? Why did you make me believe that I was human? I have so many questions to ask and this is how you treated me?!'' I yell and I close my eyes as I turn my head away from him. Asmodeus starts to laugh and places a hand on my shoulder. Hakyeon and Byeongkwan keep their mouth shut, knowing that any wrong move can cost their life.

''I did it to protect you, my son. You don't deserve it to grow up in a world with warlocks, vampires, werewolves et cetera. You deserve it to be happy and not in this world, but I guess that your body thought differently about it. Now look at me, my son.'' Asmodeus says and I indeed do as he says. His cat eyes greet me and at the same time, mine become visible aswell. He smiles, but I can't seem to smile back. One of the worst demons is my father and I hate it. He faked his own death to protect me, why would you leave me alone for so long?

''You didn't do it to protect me... dad. I was a nobody in your eyes and you didn't want me to grow up in this world. I hate you so much now.'' I'm frustrated as heck and Asmodeus only keeps smiling as both of our eyes return to their actual color. I don't think he deserves it to call me his son, he has abandoned me for all these years and doesn't show now that he even cares about me.

''Now now, my son. Ofcourse I do care about you, don't think I never did. You were the first child of mine who I wanted to live a normal life, while I usually don't care about mundanes. After your mother died, I brainwashed you and made you believe that you were human. I made you believe that your parents were killed during a fight. I have problems of my own Taekwoon, I didn't want you to be involved into this. Now that I see you here with a warlock and a vampire, I can tell that you have changed for the better. Maybe all of that was a waste of time, maybe it was better if I raised you like the prince of Hell.'' Asmodeus continues and shivers run down my spine. He better be lying right now, because I don't buy it.

Asmodeus lets go of me and sighs. In a rush, he says that he'll come back for me again and that he'll introduce me to everyone in Hell. Everyone there has heard about my existance aswell and they want to get to know me. What about no? Then, he disappears and I close my eyes again.

Hakyeon pulls me closer and wraps his other arm around me aswell. Byeongkwan growls when he looks at Hakyeon and Hakyeon only sighs. What have I done to deserve this? What have I done to end up with Asmodeus as my father?

''I think it's better for you to return home, it's better for you to have some time for yourself. Alright, I'm leaving too. You'll see me tonight again, Taekwoon.'' Byeongkwan says as he gets up and disappears in a flash. I think he is right, I should relax a little after my dad showed up out of the blue. I look at Hakyeon and I sigh. I wanna cry so hard right now, but I don't want to let my tears go right now. I need to keep myself together.

''You heard him, Hakyeon. Let's go home, I can't be in this place any longer.'' I tell Hakyeon as I break free from his grip. I get up from the couch and I walk away from Hakyeon. Hakyeon follows shortly after and it doesn't take long before I feel his arms around me again, his chin resting on my shoulder.

''Come on my love, let's go home then. We can take a shower at my place.'' Hakyeon says as he lets one arm go and creates a portal. Both step through it and we're at Hakyeon's apartment within seconds. Hakyeon drags me with him to the bathroom and once he snaps in his fingers, both of us stand there . Oh gosh, I feel very uncomfortable right now. But I think I have to get used to this, because I don't think that Hakyeon is going to let me take a shower on my own.

We enter the shower and I let the water hit me as Hakyeon turns on the water. It's been not that long ago since I took a proper shower, but this is the first time I take a shower with my boyfriend. Hakyeon chuckles and tightens his grip on me.

''You like that?'' he whispers into my ear and I chuckle. I nod when I look at him, which Hakyeon sees as his chance to kiss me. I turn, making sure that my chest is against his. I wrap my arms around Hakyeon and I deepen the kiss not long after. I can't wait to lay down in bed and to cuddle with Hakyeon, because I crave for that right now. I want to erase the moment I had with my dad today. I don't wanna call him my dad, but I have no choice.