HUIT

I Am Different

A few hours later, we're in the gym. I have my hair put up in a ponytail and I'm wearing a black sleeveless top, combined with a pair of black sweatpants underneath it. I've never dressed myself like this before and I kinda feel uncomfortable to be in the gym with a ponytail, but I have to get used to my new hairstyle. I never have had long hair before, so it's new to me. I kinda like it though.

''Alright Taekwoon, it's important that you learn more about your strenghts. That's an important thing you need to keep in mind. If you learn more about your strenghts, it's easier to keep yourself under control if you use your magic. Let's try some taekwondo moves at first, we'll practice without magic at first. Then, I'll show you how it's done with magic okay?'' Hakyeon explains to me and I nod. I think that these practices with Hakyeon are going to help me out a lot, because it's going to help me to accept myself. I need to accept that I always have been a powerful creature and that I never have been a human at all. A funny thing is that I used to be a master in taekwondo, so I think that will be in my favor.

I demonstrate one kick after another and Hakyeon is surprised by how skilled I am in taekwondo. I hope that if I ever have to fight, that I can use these moves in my favor. Hakyeon smiles and pulls me closer for a quick kiss. Once he breaks the kiss, he streaks through my hair with his other hand. Hakyeon is someone who loves to touch, I already could tell that. But now that we're dating, he can't stay away from me. I'm curious what Minhee will think of us the next time he sees us, I hope that he will accept the two of us together like this.

Then, Hakyeon shows me how it's like if it's with magic and this looks more terrific. This is showing more and more how powerful warlocks are, I still can't imagine that I might be this powerful too. Maybe I will when I can keep myself under control.

''Alright, show me how powerful your magic is now.'' Hakyeon tells me and holds a piece of wood in his hands. He wants me to break the wood with my magic? I think I'll make it either burn or explode. Oh well, we're going to see it once I lash out for the first time. I hope that if I can get this under control, that I can close the book and open a new book. I want peace and I don't get that right now. I focus on my hands and once some blue fire flows above my hands, I aim both hands at the piece of wood in Hakyeon's hands without a lot of force and like I predicted, the wood explodes into many pieces. Hakyeon looks at the tiny pieces on the floor, before he looks with wide eyes at me.

''Wow. I think that your dad must've been one of the worst demons ever. Because your magic is more powerful than mine is. I need to use all of my energy if I want to get the wood like this. But hey, I can help you to take it under control. I think that your magic right now can destroy each and everyone.'' Hakyeon says and shivers run down my spine. Is my magic like that? I never knew that, I didn't even know that I even possessed magic. 

''I'm scared of myself Hakyeon. The fact that you told me that my dad must've been one of the worst demons ever, makes me feel scared of myself.'' I tell Hakyeon and I'm shaking. Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and pulls me in for a tight hug. My head is resting on his shoulder again and Hakyeon streaks through my hair. 

''It's going to be okay, Taekwoon. The more we practice this, the better you keep yourself under control. I think that Asmodeus is your father and he is far from being dead. Asmodeus is immortal like us and I think he faked it that he died, I think he is very much alive. He has powerful magic too, maybe that explains why your magic is very powerful.'' Hakyeon tells me and I feel like I turn cold. Asmodeus is my father? How could he have lied about my life all this time and why did he fake his own death? And the worst of all... when is he going to return to meet me? I don't want to see him again.

Tears stream down my face shortly after and Hakyeon tightens his grip on me. He whispers in my ear that it's going to be okay and I can only wonder if I ever will be okay. But is it possible that I inherited the cat eyes from him? I don't know any warlock other than Minhee and Hakyeon, but none of the two have cat eyes as far as I know.

Hakyeon pulls me with him to a couch and he takes a seat on it, pulling me on his lap. Hakyeon rubs over my back and I let my tears go. Hakyeon has given me the comfort already to try to be myself, so why not doing this? Hakyeon pulls my head up a little and kisses my temple. 

''It's going to be okay, my love. I'll help you to keep yourself under control, because you deserve to live a steady life. I always have lived my life like this and I can tell you that I am willing to help you out. I have to, because Minhee is counting on me.'' Hakyeon says and I look at him with teary eyes. He then kisses my tears and moves up to my forehead, where he also plants a few kisses. Hakyeon makes me feel like I never felt before... loved and wanted.

''T-Thank you Hakyeon.'' I stutter and Hakyeon smiles, before he crashes his lips on mine again. I wrap my arms around his neck and Hakyeon chuckles when I deepen the kiss. Hakyeon wraps both of his arms around my waist and tightens the grip on me again. I don't care that this takes place in a public space, we have this for ourselves for now. Once we will hear the door, we will start practicing once again. For now, I need this moment and I can't wait to continue this moment at home. But right here, I want to train to keep my magic under control.

''Well well well, the two love birds having their moment in the gym.'' a voice says and I break the kiss immediately as I sit down next to Hakyeon, without even looking who stood behind us. When I look up, I see a young looking man in front of us and he has an evil face already. I don't like him already.

''Kim Byeongkwan, don't you have better things to do? And oh, why aren't you asleep like your fellow vampires?'' Hakyeon fires at the young man, who starts to giggle immediately.

''No to both questions. I heard stories of this lovely gentleman here and I wanted to see him with my own eyes. But I never would've thought that I would see you here making out with our lovely warlock here. Jung Taekwoon huh? Your name is all over the place, every specie knows who you are. Everyone is curious about you, everyone wants to know who this Jung Taekwoon is. It's a shame that your father Asmodeus has ruined that moment for us. Anyways, I'm Byeongkwan and I'm one of the oldest vampires in town.'' Byeongkwan tells me and I nod as I shake Byeongkwan's hand that he reached out after his introduction. Even Byeongkwan mentions Asmodeus as my father, so that means that my father is one of the most powerful demons in town? And he in fact has faked his death?

Byeongkwan looks at me from head to toe and smiles faintly. Byeongkwan scares the hell out of me already and I don't like him at all.

''You have become such an interesting figure, Taekwoon. I never knew that a warlock who believed to be human could be this interesting. And wow, I haven't seen many warlocks with long hair. Well, Asmodeus has it too. But he's a demon with warlock traits, so he doesn't count.'' Byeongkwan says and shivers run down my spine. Why does my father have to be so cruel? Everyone hates me already, I don't like it.

~*~

A/N I am into A.C.E's comeback Savage these days and I ing love Kim Byeongkwan, who has become my bias. That's why I added him to the characters and I wasn't sure what kind he had to be. So I made him a vampire and I hope you guys like Byeongkwan as a vampire.