CINQ

I Am Different

It doesn't take long before I hear a knock on the door. Actually, it's a bang. I gasp and I curl myself up in a ball. I don't wanna know who it is, I am scared right now. I'm scared of myself and I have to get used to this whole world.

Hakyeon gets up from the couch and makes his way to the door. He uses some magic to open the door and immediately starts to groan.

''I didn't have vampires on the list to invite, but what are you doing here huh?'' Hakyeon sounds annoyed and I wanna know what is going on, but I don't wanna know either. There are vampires at the door and I am scared that I will be attacked by the vampires. I always thought that vampires and such didn't exist, but they do.

''Oh come on, Hakyeon. We have heard about this new warlock and we wanna see him with our own eyes. Now come on, let us in.'' a male voice says, followed by a female chuckle. Wait what, there's two vampires? Oh hell no!

''You may come in, but you have to be careful. He's a rookie and he is very scared of everything, even himself.'' Hakyeon says as I hear the footsteps of the vampires enter the apartment. I hear the two vampires chuckle and I wrap my arms around my legs a little tighter. The vampires take a seat at the two seats and it's then that I feel Hakyeon's hand on my shoulder. I look up at him and I slowly let go of my legs, slowly dropping them on the floor. 

''I'm here with you, so don't worry about these two. Anyways, I'd like to introduce to you to Changmin and Jennie. Both are a part of the Kim clan and are one of the most powerful clans in Seoul. Changmin, Jennie, I'd like to introduce you to the newest warlock in town. Jung Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon tells us and I carefully look up to the two vampires. Changmin immediately starts to smile and waves, while Jennie only waves with no expression. I don't like Jennie at all if I have to judge vampires on first impression.

''So you're the new warlock huh? Stories of you were around ever since you were born and even vampires heard of you, even though warlocks are an enemy of us. Just be glad that it's me and Jennie who come over, because the leader of the clan is worse. He rather wants to kill you if he would see you. He wants all warlocks dead, but he isn't that smart. Warlocks are immortal and also have blood that is fatal to us. It's demon blood, but it's still very fatal to us.'' Changmin says and I look at Hakyeon with wide eyes. I have demon blood in my system? Why do I have to be a monster? I don't want to be one.

Hakyeon sits down next to me and pulls me close. He pulls me into a hug and I bury my face into his shoulder. Changmin sighs in the mean time, but I can sense that he doesn't feel guilty on what he just said. I am a rookie, so I have to take in all the information that I get. I always believed that I was human, but my life has turned out to be the biggest lie ever. 

Hakyeon's eyes turn at Jennie and she only sighs. Hakyeon groans and once I look up again, I turn at Jennie aswell. Once my eyes change, Jennie finally shows some expression and it's clear that she is scared.

''Wow Taekwoon, you look intimidating when your eyes are like this.'' Changmin claims and I look at Changmin, completely ignoring Jennie. I don't like Jennie and I don't wanna see her that much, but maybe she thinks the same way about me. I wish I could read minds like vampires can.

''You're angry?'' Hakyeon asks and I slightly nod as I fire my eyes back at Jennie again. I point at her for a few seconds, before I lower my arm again. I really don't like it when someone like Jennie is judging me from the inside. Hakyeon sighs as he looks at Jennie again.

''You really had to come with Changmin and judge Taekwoon on the inside? I let you in for a reason, Jennie. Now speak up!'' Hakyeon yells and Jennie swallows. The scared look has left her eyes again and is into comfort mode.

''I-I don't know what to think about him. Those eyes scared me and his eyes are the most intimidating I have ever seen. I hope that our leader leaves him alone.'' Jennie softly says and I sigh. Really Jennie? Ask Minki what he has to say about me, he knows me better than anyone else does.

''Really Jennie? Shouldn't you be a vampire who doesn't give a about anything? A vampire isn't judging, because they don't care. You apparently do.'' I fire at her and it's then that Jennie's eyes widen, but even Changmin's eyes become wider. He looks at Hakyeon, who smiles at me. It seems that defending yourself must be in the warlock's nature and I showed that already.

''Guys, please. He never has met any vampires or whatsoever before, because he always had lived a human life. He always thought that he was human and never believed in creatures like you.'' Hakyeon explains to them once he looks at he them. I really wanna leave right now, but I am sure that Hakyeon doesn't let me. So I look out of the window instead.

''Well well, new warlock in town huh?'' another unfamiliar voice asks and I immediately turn my head. This person scared the hell out of me. And by the outfit, it must be a warlock. Warlock can create portals and use teleporation, werewolves and vampires at least need to knock to get inside.

''Could you at least have told me that you were coming over? God, you're annoying when you show up unannounced.'' Hakyeon says as the unfamiliar warlock starts to chuckle. He makes his way over to me and I look at the smirking face of this unfamiliar guy in front of me.

''You're Taekwoon right? Maybe Hakyeon told you that every warlock knows about your existence, so you're no unfamiliar one to us. But the fact that your parents hid from you who you really are is something that frustrates me. But let me introduce myself, I am Jung Minhee. I am the High Warlock of Seoul and I feel honored to share my last name with you, since yours is equal to mine.'' Minhee shares and I can feel his hand on my shoulder. Wait what? The High Warlock of Seoul? What kind of warlock am I then?

Minhee sits down next to me and completely ignores the presence of Changmin and Jennie. Maybe I should do that too, but I don't know much about vampires aswell. What are their strengths? What are their weaknesses? I have to learn a lot about a lot of species, even my own.

''You don't have to worry about your safety, because you're safe with us warlocks. I think it's a great decision of Hakyeon to keep you here, you would've been killed if you stayed at that former place of yours. Oh wait, you're immortal. Don't mind my outbursts, I am very extravert and I like to let everyone know about my presence.'' Minhee expresses and I don't know what to think. Oh god, I don't like this Minhee person at all. But if he is the High Warlock, I should keep him as a friend.