DOUZE

I Am Different

Hours later, it's time for the party at Pandemonium. It's my first time going there, but I'm not that excited anymore after warlocks called me a monster earlier today. I just don't get it, not now at least. Maybe I will learn soon why warlocks call me a monster. Or have I learnt it already? They did mention that Asmodeus is my dad and they automatically say that I'm a monster too, but they don't even know me.

I'm wearing the outfit I first put on earlier today. The velvet coat, the black blouse and the black skinny jeans. I have put a clip at the back of my head to keep a few locks of my hair together. I look at myself a few times and I have to admit that I now like the way I look now. I didn't know what to think of my long hair at first, but I kinda like it now.

It's then that Hakyeon comes towards me and wraps his arms around my waist from behind. He smiles at me when he looks into the mirror and my hands rest on Hakyeon's arms that cross my stomach at the front. Hakyeon kisses the back of my head and pulls me closer.

''This is the first time I am going to the club with someone who I can call my boyfriend, can't imagine that I would say that right now.'' Hakyeon says and I smile. It's unreal for me aswell, because I never would've thought that I would end up like a warlock. I never realised I was, but it makes sense if I look back on what I have experienced in the past. I also didn't have a lot of friends either, people always treated me like an outsider. I was weird to them, but it now makes sense why they said that I was weird... I possess some powerful magic. If my classmates would hear that now, none of them would believe me.

''This is the first time that I ever go out, but it's at least with someone who protects me.'' I tell him and I look at Hakyeon as I turn my head into his direction. I hope that I'll see Minki again, because I want to tell him everything from the moment that I saw him for the last time until the person who I am now. Minki has the right to know, since he saw my eyes change.

''Come on, it's time to go. I'm sure they are waiting for us.'' Hakyeon says and I kinda wonder what he means with 'they', are some of his friends coming to the club too? I don't wanna know what they think of me, because I don't wanna focus on that. I need to focus on keeping my magic under control at first, then I'll focus on how to act like a warlock. Or maybe I don't even need training for that.

Hakyeon lets go of me and creates a portal. He takes my hand in his and pulls me with him as we step through the portal. Once we get out of the portal, we're inside the Pandemonium club already. Wow, that saves a lot of time for waiting. Never knew that a warlock can save time by just teleporting himself into the club. Hakyeon takes me with him to a certain spot in the room and I then realise that this is a spot which is only reserved for Hakyeon. And it looks like that Hakyeon isn't alone there, because some of his apparently looking friends are waiting for him.

''Hakyeon, it's been a while since we have seen you. How are you doing?'' one of those warlocks asks as he pulls Hakyeon in for a hug as Hakyeon lets go of me in a reflex. I look around me to see if I can see Minki somewhere and I don't see him yet, but I keep hope that I will see him here. He knows that I every now and then was in for a party, so I hope that he is coming trying to find me.

''And who is this lovely gentleman next to you? I haven't seen him before.'' one of the warlocks asks as he points into my direction. I look back at him and I smile in a shy way, because I am not used to all of the attention I get now. 

''This is my boyfriend Taekwoon. He has lived his life as a human, or so he thought. He thought that he was human, but he was born like us. His mother was killed and his father, who turned out to be Asmodeus, faked his death in order to so called protect Taekwoon. I offered him to move in with me and we are also dating since that time.'' Hakyeon explains and the warlocks are more surprised that Asmodeus is my dad than that I always believed to be human.

''Good thing that you saved him from that poor life he lived before.'' another warlock says and I look at Hakyeon. At least these warlocks don't treat me the same way like they did earlier today. I don't wanna be called a monster again, because I have to prove that I am nothing like Asmodeus.

Our small group takes a seat in Hakyeon's V.I.P lounge and Hakyeon immediately pulls me close by wrapping his arm around my waist. Hakyeon chuckles immediately and I smile, before I receive a kiss on my cheek. Meanwhile, I still try to look into the crowd to see if I can see any sign of Minki. I wanna meet up with him so bad, it's been a while since I saw him and I also was too busy to send him a message or something. And also, I am curious if I'll see Byeongkwan and his fellow vampires. I wanna know their strenghts and weaknesses.

''Well well well, good to see you here Jung. First time in Pandemonium as a warlock huh?'' the voice of Byeongkwan interrups my thoughts and I kinda have to slap myself. Right, vampires can hear thoughts right? Byeongkwan stops in front of the V.I.P lounge and the other warlocks start to growl at Byeongkwan. I kinda wonder why they are like that, but I guess I have to find out about that then.

''Ofcourse Byeongkwan, you ofcourse were expecting me to see here am I right?'' I ask him and Byeongkwan looks at me, as if he didn't see that coming. Immediately after that, his face returns to the usual expression as he completely ignores the other warlocks that surround me. Some of them whisper that I should watch out with Byeongkwan, because he might be evil. I just ignore that, I can't let a vampire know that I listen to other warlocks. Maybe Byeongkwan wants to use me against them, who knows?

''I'll pay you a visit soon, I'm very curious about our new warlock here.'' Byeongkwan says and turns to walk away. Hakyeon is totally not happy about that, but he doesn't want to get a vampire like him mad does he?

''Come on guys, let's enjoy this party okay?'' I change the subject and they all seem to agree with me, because we immediately start to enjoy the drinks that are in front of us on the table.