VINGT TROIS

I Am Different

Hours later, Minki has left Hakyeon's apartment and still can't take in all the information we have given him. I understand it completely, because you now realise that your friend has been different all this time and Minki refuses to believe it. But hey, I would do that too if I were him. I mean, it's not something that you can give a spot immediately. It takes time.

''I find your human friend very annoying Taekwoon, can't stand him.'' Byeongkwan whines and I groan when I look at him. Many people don't like Minki on first glance for him being loud, but you'll know why if you know him. I don't know if Minki and Byeongkwan will meet more often in the future, but I hope that I can try to convince Byeongkwan that Minki isn't that annoying as he thinks.

''It's just on first glance, Byeongkwan. I know him longer than today and I know that he might be annoying, because he is nervous. He hasn't met warlocks before and neither has he met vampires before. If we look at him being at Pandemonium, he just went there to try to talk to me. His instinct told him he had to go there, he usually doesn't go to Pandemonium to have a great night out. Just give him a chance okay? He is my friend and will be around more often, or so I hope.'' I tell Byeongkwan, who immediately glares at me. I shrug it off and I look at Hakyeon, whose head is resting on my shoulder.

Just a moment later, I hear a knock on the door. Hakyeon immediately gets up and makes his way to the door. I wonder who it might be, I hope that it won't be Changmin or Jennie or anyone who Byeongkwan knows. Changmin and Jennie didn't leave a good impression on me, so I don't want to give those two vampires a chance.

As if I was talking about the devil, I hear the voice of Jennie asking Hakyeon if she can go in. She explains that she wants to see me again, because it has been a while that she saw me. The last time she was here, was when I wasn't allowed to leave the bed. She has tried to get closer to me, but she still is very shy towards me. For now, she doesn't get a second chance to improve her first impression on me. Because for now, I don't like her. Hakyeon lets her in and Jennie bows as soon as she sees me and makes her way towards me and Byeongkwan.

''Hi... I wanted to see how you are doing, since you weren't allowed to leave the bed the last time I was here.'' Jennie says with a soft voice and takes a seat in the chair across from the couch. Hakyeon joins us as he takes a seat next to me and takes my hand in his. Byeongkwan growls in the mean time, which makes me look at him in surprise. Why is he so much against Jennie?

''Well, I'm okay now. As long as I'm not allowed to go outside, I have enough here that can kill the time for me. I can only go to the gym when it comes to public spaces where I am only allowed to go to. I'm glad I have these training sessions, because I learn how to use my magic and I also learn how to keep myself under control.'' I quickly explain to her as I look back at Jennie and Jennie bows a little. She is still very uncomfortable to be here, but she at least has the guts to show up.

''Why are you and Byeongkwan awake? You are supposed to sleep right? Sorry for the ask, just a random question.'' I quickly add and Byeongkwan reaches out his hand to me, pointing with the index finger of his other hand to the ring on his hand.

''Every vampire has a piece of jewelry that we can use to go through daylight. I have a ring and Jennie has a necklace that she wears.'' Byeongkwan explains and I hum in response. That explains to me why he shows up here at daylight, but I think that Byeongkwan goes outside in daylight whenever he wants to. It's still weird to imagine that vampires actually do exist, while humans believe that they're just a myth. But vampires can also hypnotize humans, making sure that humans will forget about their meeting with a vampire.

''Well, I actually thought that it was a good idea to give you a nickname. I sometimes am just too lazy to call you by your full name and I want to give you a nickname that suits you.'' Byeongkwan then suggests and I look at him as if he is speaking in a foreign language. A nickname? I thought that I already had one, but okay. I'm curious what he comes up with.

''I was thinking about... Leo. I think that it suits your new look and your new identity.'' Byeongkwan suggests and I nod at him in response. I have to say that I like that nickname and just like Byeongkwan said, it does suit me. I look at Hakyeon and Jennie, who both nod. Hakyeon immediately starts to kiss my neck and Jennie starts to groan when she sees this.

''Byeongkwan, I love that nickname. I think it's one that does look good on me, isn't it Hakyeon?'' I respond and Hakyeon nods in response, before I look back at Byeongkwan. Never knew that he could be this clever, but like he once said: I better keep him close, I better keep him as a friend. As for Jennie, I should keep her away from me. Because she and Changmin show up when you can't really use it at all.

Out of the blue, both Byeongkwan and Jennie start to growl as they look towards the door. Wait what? What is going on? Are we getting an unexpected visitor? Well, I hope not. But this is the first time I see vampires react like this, so it should be someone who isn't really welcome here.

''Cha Hakyeon, open that damn door!'' I hear a voice say from the other side of the door. Hakyeon groans when he lets go of me and gets up from the couch to make his way to the door again. It's not Changmin, his voice is different. But it must be someone the two vampires know, because they otherwise wouldn't react like this if they didn't know this person.

Hakyeon opens the door and at the time he groans, I can already tell it's someone who isn't really loved. But I haven't met anyone outside of Hakyeon, Byeongkwan, Minhee, Asmodeus and so on. I haven't met a lot of creatures, so I don't know who I am dealing with.

''Jae Young, what are you doing here?'' Hakyeon manages to get out of his mouth and I can hear this Jae Young guy laugh, while I can't see his face yet.

''Oh you know... I wanna meet this new warlock. I haven't managed to get a chance to meet him, because he always vanishes when I want to get to know him. I know he is at your place, so let me in! I wanna know more about this new warlock in town. What was his name again? Jung something?'' Jae Young says and Hakyeon lets this weird guy in, right before he shuts the door. When our eyes meet, I can see a slim figure standing there with narrowing eyes and his hair is blue.

''Ah, you must be the new warlock huh? My my, your name isn't unfamiliar in the Downworld. Everybody knows about you being the son of Asmodeus, but now I can see why you look so much different from him. My name is Kim Jae Young and I am the leader of the clan where these two idiots are in.'' Jae Young says as he looks from Byeongkwan to Jennie and back to me.

He already looks seducing to be honest, so I don't know where Jae Young is even up to. I don't like him at all right now, I can't trust this vampire at all.