VINGT SEPT

I Am Different

After a few hours, we're in the mall that Hakyeon mentioned. He wants to spend some time with me here aswell, since he doesn't want me near that store before the encounter in the Pandemonium happened. Speaking of that, Hakyeon told me that Minhee is hosting a warlock party soon in the Pandemonium and only warlocks are allowed to go attend the party. I knew that Minhee loves parties, but not that he actually is hosting a party for only warlocks in the club. But does that mean that my father will be there too? I don't know honestly, because I don't know him that well.

This mall is huge and yet I barely see any warlocks walking around, making me wonder how stores here can make some money. Do they even make money? I still don't know much about this life, even though I embraced it about a year ago. There was no other way for me but to embrace it, since there is no way back for me anymore. But I also wonder if I ever will get some proper answers from my father, because I want to know the actual reason of why he erased my memories if I have been on this planet for so long.

The few warlocks that walk around in the mall, glare at me. None of them seem to accept me as they all know that I am the son of the Prince of Hell, everyone thinks that my personality is like his aswell. But that's not the case. I don't even know how my mum was like, so I can't tell that I have inherited her personality. Will I ever know? I don't know.

''My god, that's the son of the Prince of Hell.'' one of the warlock says and Hakyeon takes my hand in his, trying to distract me from what everyone is saying. But it's hard to ignore how the community is talking about you. If I could cry here, I definitely would do that. But I refuse to do that, I don't want to look like a weak person here. I need to prove to everyone that I am completely different than he is. I wanna tell everyone how Asmodeus basically erased my memories and wanted me to believe that I was human.

''Hold on you, son of the Prince of Hell. Weren't you the one who lived among the humans? Guess you must've been through a lot.'' a warlock says as he approaches me. Hakyeon and I stand still and I look at the man who just approached me. It's a man who looks to me like he has a physical age of somewhere in his 40s and he has black hair. He has a blueish skin and his eyes are green, which is very unusual for a warlock.

''Y-Yes, that was me. But my father erased my memories and made me believe that I was human, which is why I have lived among humans. And please, don't call me the son of the Prince of Hell. I hate my father for everything he did to me and I don't even want to call him a father.'' I growl a little and the man looks at me. He smiles faintly at me, but it looks like he doesn't believe a word I just said. Well, whatever. I have to prove anyways that I am not like Asmodeus at all.

''If you excuse us, we're leaving. I guess you're making him feel uncomfortable even more, as he doesn't like the negative attention he is already getting.'' Hakyeon says as he pulls me with him past the man. The man keeps yelling at me, but Hakyeon and I run away from him. Geez, that made me feel very uncomfortable. Everybody is judging me here in the mall and I don't like the negative attention at all, so I hope that we're going home soon. I prefer to be in downtown Seoul instead of in this mall here, which is in an alternative universe apparently.

''Well well well, I was not expecting to see my son here.'' the voice of Asmodeus comes from behind us and I groan immediately after warlocks start to yell at me to get outta here. Hakyeon tightens his grip on my hand and I slowly look over my shoulder to look at my 'father'. After a few seconds, I fully turn towards him as Hakyeon still stands behind me holding my hand.

''Oh come on, you say that every single time we meet. You may be happy to see me, but I am not. You still don't remember that I told you that you made my life a living hell by faking your death and erasing my memories for I don't care how long. I discovered that I am over 500 years old and yet you made me believe I was a 25 year old man. What have I done to deserve this? You still owe me the truth, not the sloppy you told me last year.'' I say in a loud voice, nearly wanting to yell. Asmodeus chuckles as he steps forward, placing a hand on my shoulder. Oh man, I really want to go home now. Screw Hakyeon's plan of staying here, I wanna go home. I want Minhee to protect me from Asmodeus, even though Asmodeus is a lot more evil and powerful than Minhee is. Asmodeus is going to ruin my life anytime soon and I am not ready for that.

''Why so, my son? I told you the truth already, there is no way that I have to tell you that again.'' Asmodeus says as he takes another step towards me. I hear warlocks around us gasp and even some scream that I should burn in hell. Great to see how warlocks blame all the actions of Asmodeus on me, as if I can change all of that. I may be his freaking son, but I cannot be taken responsible for all of that. I know for about a year who I really am and my dad has been causing a lot of damage for a longer time than everybody thinks of.

Hakyeon is softly pulling at my arm, as he tries to pull me away. But Asmodeus seems to know what Hakyeon tries to do and pulls me closer, resulting in him pulling me in for a hug and I don't accept that hug. I am not wrapping my arms around the man who has done so many things to me, I hate him.

''No, you didn't do it properly. You didn't tell me why you had erased my memories and why you hid that I am over 500 years old. Also, why did you let my mother just die there? And why were you faking your death to me? Don't tell me that you told me last year, because I don't take that for an answer.'' I groan as soon as Asmodeus lets go of me. I nearly want to cry out of frustration, because Asmodeus is lying to me all this time. And I don't want him to lie to me when I want to know all the pieces of my past, that he took away from me.

''Your mother? She died in a fight and wasn't loyal to me, as she had promised to me that she would stay with me during that fight. Yet she didn't, as she was at the other side of the city. I never found your mother's body, Taekwoon. Her family claimed it after she was killed and she was burried somewhere I have no idea of. You were a baby at that time and you were asleep in our house. I brainwashed you, so that you could live a better life. This warlock life would cause you nothing but trouble if I didn't brainwash you. As for your memories, you are better off without them. You grew up in such a horrible time and you have been through a lot of wars, you don't think I at least would save you from the horrible past of yours? Isn't that what every parent should do?'' Asmodeus shares as his cat eyes appear. Mine appear at the same time and I sigh out of frustration. 

My 'dad' didn't even went to look for my mum when she died. And why would he say that she wasn't loyal to him? Maybe she lost him. Ugh, I hate my dad so much and I hate it that all the warlocks here blame me for it. I wanna go home, where everyone at least knows about me in a good way.