TRENTE ET UN

I Am Different

As far as it goes now, the party continues without issues. I'm talking to the warlocks in the V.I.P. area and all of them want to get to know me better, because I stayed under the radar for a year and no one hasn't really recieved the opportunity to get to know me better. Well, they all did keep an eye on me. But they weren't sure what kind of personality I have and they wanted to know why I was living in the human world.

Hakyeon doesn't like it whenever a male warlock is around me for too long, but it's nothing serious. I don't even want to, because I'm already happy with Hakyeon and I don't want another warlock to make me happy. Hakyeon already did that and he still does, so he doesn't have to worry.

''You have grown up for sure, Taekwoon. But in a good way ofcourse. It's a shame that Asmodeus made you look like a disgrace for our kind and let you grow up in the human world, because you deserve so much better.'' Jaewon says and I nod at him. Well, I have indeed deserved better. But my dad erased my memories, so there is a huge gap in my memories and there is no way that I can get them back. My dad isn't helping me with it and basically says that they're gone for good.

''He also faked his death and just let my mum die, as if she was nothing to him. I was only a baby at that time, so I don't remember anything of her when it happened.'' I tell him and Jaewon places a hand on my shoulder as a sign of support. The fact that the warlocks in Seoul treat me better than outside of Seoul makes me feel good honestly. I still haven't forgotten about the encounter in that mall, because it made me realise how fortune I am to be born and raised in Seoul.

''Well Taekwoon. You may have lost your mother, but don't forget that you ended up in a family everyone wishes they would have... us. You have worked so hard to make your return and you're back, safe and sound. I am more than happy that you have taken my advices seriously to come only outside when you need to train to keep your magic under control.'' Minhee shares as he smiles when he looks into my direction. I nod at him as I get back into a conversation with Jaewon.

In the mean time, Hakyeon manages to sit next to me and he takes his hand in mine. I hear Minhee chuckle, but I decide to ignore it as I also try to enjoy the music a little. I also switch from conversation partner, because it's then that an unknown warlock comes towards us. He looks wealthier than I do, so I should be careful with this fella. 

''Well well well, is this the warlock everyone is talking about for a year? Asmodeus' son... it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Oh Taemin and I am the High Warlock of Changwon. I know that I'm not from Seoul, but Minhee invited me to come over so that I could meet you in person. The entire nation knows about your existance, but everyone responds differently to this. Some warlocks may be excited that a new warlock is joining their kind, but some others can say that you betrayed them while it's your father who is responsible for those actions.'' Taemin says as he takes a seat where Jaewon sat a few seconds ago. Taemin is dressed in a black velvet blouse, combined with a dark grey pair of pants and dark blue shiny shoes.

Hakyeon tightens his grip on my hand and makes all too clear to the present warlocks that I am his, but I wonder why Hakyeon is like this all of the sudden. Maybe he is just overprotective, I don't know.why he does it. But I shouldn't focus on it.

''I hate it that everyone calls me the son of Asmodeus, because warlocks believe that I am like him aswell. But they don't know what he has done to me, so I need a second chance. I am very glad that Hakyeon has taken me in the day after I killed a demon in my friend's house, because I otherwise don't have an idea what would've happened.'' I tell Taemin as Hakyeon nods into his direction as a kind of greeting. Taemin nods into his direction aswell and looks at me with a smile.

''Well, everyone adores you in Changwon. I'm not kidding. When you were little, every warlock out of Changwon came to Seoul to have a chance to see a glimpse of you. Asmodeus is the worst enemy of us, but we had to come over and see you. Even after that, when Asmodeus had erased your memories, I kept an eye on you like Minhee did. He truly made you believe that you were human, but I noticed that you didn't even age after you turned 25. It was sad to see you live a life that wasn't even yours, Asmodeus made you believe that you were a human and you indeed seem to believe that. But when that rings into your ears when you're young, there's no way that you don't believe it. I am glad that you finally have embraced the life that was supposed to be yours.'' Taemin explains and I can only nod. I need to keep High Warlocks as a friend, I already learned that from Minhee.

Minhee snaps in his fingers and a couple of glasses of drinks appear on the table. I take my glass and I take a sip from my drink. It's been a while since I drank some alcohol, but I guess that's a part of this lifestyle right? Warlocks love alcohol and some even don't get drunk at all, which I am surprised about. I just don't want to take too much.

But the party suddenly is interrupted by the most powerful demons, who are throwing multiple warlocks across the room. Minhee and Taemin get up and try to investigate what is going on. Hakyeon pulls me close in the mean time and I feel his hands shake for the first time, meaning that he is really scared right now.

''Asmodeus has sent them, because he is a Greater Demon himself. So I'm sure that Asmodeus is here aswell. If these demons are here, then he must be here aswell.'' Taemin says and I bite my lip. I want Asmodeus to leave me alone, because he keeps coming after me everywhere I go. But would the other High Warlocks know that Asmodeus is constantly after me?

''Taemin, he is after me. He isn't giving me clear answers why he is after me, but he is constantly looking for me. He also keeps threatening everyone to shut off my life, since he is capable of ripping the life out of me.'' I then open up and Taemin's eyes widen when he looks at me. Hakyeon pulls me up with him and as soon as I turn sideways, Hakyeon lets go of me and wraps his arms around me as he holds me close against him. Hakyeon knows what time it is, so he holds me close as tight as he can.

''Taemin, take these two with you and leave this room. I have to handle this, since Taekwoon and all the other warlocks of Seoul are my responsibility.'' Minhee instructs Taemin and Taemin nods, before he takes me and Hakyeon with him. I think it's the best for me to flee from my dad, because he constantly comes up with big lies when I try to demand answers from him. So to flee is the best option for now.