DIX-HUIT

I Am Different

Minhee has explained to me why I look so young, while I am over 500 years old. I have no idea how I have stopped aging, but it's still strange to me that warlocks can stop aging.

''You stopped aging when you were 25 years old. Apparently, you have no memories anymore of Centuries ago. They must be erased.'' Minhee then explains and shivers run down my spine as I recall that moment in the gym when Asmodeus showed up for the first time. That's when he told me that he made me forget about this life, so that I could try to live a human life.

''A-Asmodeus said that to me when Hakyeon and I were in the gym, where we met Byeongkwan. He made me forget about this life, so that I could be happy. Asmodeus erased my memories.'' I answer and it's then that the three men around me gasp. Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to comfort me. Byeongkwan starts to growl low and Minhee doesn't say a word as he places his hand on my lap again. Now it even becomes more real to me that Asmodeus is even more evil than I ever thought. But is there a way that I can ban him out of my life for good?

I sigh as I feel slightly better than I just did. I still feel dizzy, but I don't feel it as much as I just did. But I just don't get it why Asmodeus has faked his own death in order to so called protect me, he erased my memories! I only remember the years that I spent with Minki. I don't even remember my life in like the 17th Century, my so called father erased them! Hakyeon snaps in his fingers and a hairclip is applied to the back of my head, which holds some pieces of my hair together.

''There you go, that looks a lot better.'' Hakyeon says as he kisses my forehead. I am glad that Hakyeon is trying to take proper care of me, especially now that I have to recover from what happened last night at Pandemonium. It that I have to stay inside for another month, but I understand why Minhee said it. He doesn't want something bad happen to me and it's a priority of him, as he is the High Warlock of Seoul. But I hate it that I can't go to Pandemonium again as long as I don't have my magic under control. Minhee has to make the decision later on, so I am not allowed to go into public until then. I am only allowed to go to the gym for practice.

''Hakyeon, you should check his head every day. Just to make sure that his condition is getting any worse. If it does, you should send me a fire letter immediately.'' Minhee says as he looks at Hakyeon, who then kisses the top of my head. I look at Hakyeon for a second and smile as I look into Byeongkwan's direction, who has been silent for a while. Vampires are unpredictable, so I have no idea what he is thinking. All I know is that vampires are a specie that can read thoughts. 

''But Byeongkwan, why are you so nice to me while you're a jerk towards Hakyeon?'' I ask as I try to shift into a better position. I am not planning to lift my head, because I still feel very dizzy. It that I had to pay the ultimate price for this in a certain way, but I at least have done my duty.

''Your boyfriend and I know each other for Centuries and vampires and warlocks don't get along in particular. Vampires really wanna kill warlocks sometimes, but warlocks are immortal like we are and us vampires sometimes forget that warlock blood can kill us. It's more demonic than ours is. And aside from that, I simply didn't like Hakyeon at all.'' Byeongkwan explains as he shifts into a more comfortable position. Isn't it that vampires don't like any specie and not just warlocks in particular?

''Oh shut up Byeongkwan, you're just trying to seduce him with any stories that aren't true at all. Vampires don't like any kind, because you see everything as your feeding source. However, one is more dangerous than another. You just don't like me, because I defeated you in a battle 100 years ago.'' Hakyeon defends himself and I am kinda confused when I look at Hakyeon. He and Byeongkwan have fought against each other? What did I miss?

I sigh as I look at Minhee, who looks clearly annoyed. He doesn't blame me for asking the question to Byeongkwan, it's just the way how it escalates. The two keep shouting back and forth, until I groan.

''Really? Ya! I am a rookie into all of this who just discovered to be over 500 years of age and I still act more mature than the two of you, who are over 500 years aswell. I feel like Minhee and I are at least the most mature out of the four of us.'' I break the fight by stepping in and the two gentlemen look at me, as if they have seen a ghost.

''Taekwoon is right. You two are more than 500 years old and yet you two act like children.'' Minhee snaps in a soft way as both Hakyeon and Byeongkwan keep their mouth shut. Hakyeon kisses the top of my head and doesn't say a word, so does Byeongkwan.

''You're an interesting creature Taekwoon. You may be a rookie into your new life and you may be over 500 years old, but you sound very much mature when it comes to your way of speaking. Everyone knows who you are, but it's no wonder why. You're such an interesting creature.'' Minhee then expresses and I nod as much as I am able to do. I appreciate Minhee's words and I appreciate that he at least takes me serious. Because it doesn't seem like Asmodeus does, he just sees me as his toy.

''Taekwoon, you need to get some sleep. You look even worse than when I came in.'' Byeongkwan then says and Hakyeon's eyes widen when he sees how I look like. Do I really look that bad? But we just got up and I am not going to bed before it's nighttime again.

''Which is a perfect moment for me to check how the rest of your body is doing.'' Minhee adds and I sigh as Hakyeon wraps his arms around me once he gets up. The four of us make our way to Hakyeon's bedroom, where Byeongkwan apparently can't enter. Ah right, he must be invited in. But Hakyeon isn't planning to let him in, so Byeongkwan growls once he discovers that he can't get in.

Hakyeon carefully drops me on the bed and Minhee uses his magic to go back and forth over my body to see how the rest of my body is doing. I hope that I am doing alright for the rest and it's just my head that annoys me.

''Alright Taekwoon, the rest of your body is okay. You need to keep your rest and I assure you that it's better to stay in bed, because you look horrible if you leave the bed.'' Minhee explains during his examination and I groan. I have to stay in here for about a month? Ugh, I don't like that idea at all though.