VINGT ET UN

I Am Different

Out of the blue, a knock on the door is heard and the three of us look up. Who might that be? It can't be Asmodeus or Minhee, as those two can use portals to go from one place to another.

''Byeongkwan, you stay here with Taekwoon. I'll go open the door.'' Hakyeon says as he lets go of me and gets up from the couch, so that he can make his way to the door. Once Hakyeon opens the door, a familiar figure enters the door. Wait, how did Minki know that I'm here? How does he know that I live here? I never told him where Hakyeon lives, because I never came in through the door. I only come through a portal into this apartment.

''Minki? How did you know that you had to be here? How did you know where I live?'' I ask as I get up from the couch, before Minki rushes towards me and pulls me in for a hug. We barely see each other, so every single meeting is an emotional one. 

''I asked a few visitors of the Pandemonium that I met on the streets today and they did know about you and Hakyeon. They told me that you lived here and I feel relieved, because I have looked for you ever since you discovered that you weren't human. And after I met you in the club again, I really hoped that you could tell me where you lived. Sadly, Hakyeon came in between us. But I don't blame him, since he needs you more than I do.'' Minki says as he takes a seat next to me, completely ignoring Byeongkwan. It's sad that this new life of mine is separating us, but I now start to discover more and more about the real me.

Hakyeon joins us on the couch again and he takes a seat on Minki's side. I know a little more about the tensed relationship between Byeongkwan and Hakyeon, so they definitely won't sit next to each other. But hey, let's put that aside. Minki is here and I want to spend some time with him, whether Hakyeon and Byeongkwan are around us or not.

''I want to introduce you to Byeongkwan. He is a vampire, but he acts like a good guy to me.'' I then tell Minki as I look at the vampire on my left side. Minki looks past me towards the blonde haired vampire next to me and carefully waves at Byeongkwan, who waves back in return. I'm okay with the way how Minki greeted Byeongkwan, because vampires are being described as creatures who are very coldhearted and love to attack everything and everyone. But as far as I know Byeongkwan, he is a cool guy to me.

''Wait, you were the vampire who was with us in the club a while ago.'' Minki then recalls and Byeongkwan starts to clap in his hands, as if he is glad that Minki discovered who he is. Come on Byeongkwan, don't be this savage to a human like Minki.

It's then that Minki looks to Hakyeon, who sits on the other side of him. Hakyeon smiles at Minki, but Minki glares at him. More like a glare which shows that he has no idea what he has to think of Hakyeon.

''You better take a good care of my best friend, because I am not an easy one.'' Minki lashes out immediately and Hakyeon seems taken aback from this, because he wasn't expecting probably that Minki is like a protector of me aswell. Both Minki and Hakyeon are protecting me, but I need Hakyeon more right now. It's because Minki is human and I now have to face more creatures than just humans, so Hakyeon can protect me more than Minki can. I don't wanna blame Minki or something, but I am facing more species right now and Minki can't win from them.

''Minki, you don't have to worry about that. Taekwoon is going to face a world he never has seen before, so I can't do anything else but protect him. I was born into this world, so is Byeongkwan. We are trying to let Taekwoon learn about anything in this world and he also has to learn how to control his magic, as he is starting to learn who he really is. Also, Taekwoon has stopped aging when he was 25 and is in fact over 500 years old.'' Hakyeon explains as Minki looks with wide eyes at me.

''You what? How can you be over 500 years old and how can someone stop aging? That's impossible!'' Minki exclaims and I can tell by the look on his face that he is confused, but I was confused too when Minhee told me about it.

''Minki please, I reacted the same way. I couldn't believe it either, but believe it okay? Remember the High Warlock of Seoul that joined us at the Pandemonium for a short time? He managed to determine how old I am by placing his hands on my head and to look into my brain. Warlocks can do that for some reason, but that doesn't matter. But my actual father had erased my memories, so I don't know anything about the 500 years of my life that I am here on Earth. I am the same age as Hakyeon, just a few months younger.'' I try to explain to Minki, but he still can't seem to believe that I am way older than he is. Hey, as if I asked for it to be born more than 500 years ago.

Minki takes my hand in his and he places his other hand upon my hand later on. I can tell by the look on his face that he struggles to accept that I am way different than he thought. I also struggle with all the new information that I hear, but I have to take it in. Because this is the life that was supposed to be mine.

''I thought that I knew you, but you seem like a stranger to me at the same time. I never knew that you could be so old and stil look young. All of this is new to me and I am very confused right now.'' Minki tries to share, but bursts into tears shortly after that. I pull my hand away from him and I wrap my arms around his waist, pulling him closer. I may not be the same person as I used to be towards him, but my personality hasn't changed and that is the only thing that is still the same. I hope that Minki will be able to see that.

''Okay. I may not know you very well, but Taekwoon is basically still the same person. But only his appearance has changed and he also is more aware of who he really is. He starts to embrace that he is a warlock now. Just accept that, try to find the peace within yourself too and that will make it easier for yourself to leave most of the in the past. Okay?'' Byeongkwan then speaks up and the two of us look into Byeongkwan's direction. I have to admit that Byeongkwan is right and I don't say that a lot, not because of Byeongkwan or something. But I barely admit when someone is actually right.

When I look back at Minki, he still struggles to take it all in. But he isn't the only one. I still can't accept that piece of myself that I am actually more than 500 years old instead of being a 25 year old. Physically, I look like a 25 year old. But I am more than 500 years old in reality and that is something I still can't accept, maybe I have to learn to do so.