DEUX

I Am Different

The next morning, I still can't realise what happened last night. A demon had entered Minki's house and I managed to kill it with some blue fire. My mind is like a complete chaos right now and I feel like I am living in a nightmare.

''What's up Taekwoon? You okay?'' Minki asks as soon as we're in the kitchen having breakfast. I am completely zoned out and I don't know what to think anymore. Could it be that I am something different other than human?

''I don't think I am. After what happened last night, I don't know what is going on. I still feel like I am living in a nightmare.'' I tell Minki and Minki places his hand on my shoulder. His face shows worry and he tries to imagine how I feel like, but I can tell that it's hard to imagine where I go through. 

''Just give it some time. Try to figure out who you really are. Maybe you have been like this since birth, but that you didn't know it.'' Minki tries to be encouraging and I smile weak, accepting his encouraging words. Maybe he is right, maybe I should figure out who I really am. But is it possible that I have been like this since I was young? I don't know, but I think that my parents both were humans. Or did they pretend they were human to protect me? I can't ask them anymore, because they were killed by a demon a few years ago.

We continue to eat breakfast and we try to leave the conversation behind us, but it's not going easy for me. My mind is making me crazy and it's a complete chaos there. I don't know what to do anymore, but I don't wanna ask those non-human creatures for help. No way that I am going to do that.

''Well well, a new warlock here huh?'' someone asks from behind me and I turn in shock. I scared the crap out of myself because of this stranger. How did he get in here?

''How did you get in here? My house isn't for visitors who get in unexpectedly you know? We already had one and we aren't having it that another one is coming in unexpectedly.'' Minki protests and the young man chuckles as he comes near us. I keep looking at him and shivers run down my spine when I feel his hand on my shoulder.

''Warlock? Did you just call me a warlock?'' I ask and the young man looks at me, He bends forward at the same time our eyes connect and he smiles when he looks at my eyes.

''You have cat eyes huh? I guess that this is your warlock mark. All the warlocks have a certain mark and some are more visible than others. Yours aren't that visible, only when you use your magic. Believe me, you are a warlock. I have heard stories about you. No, you aren't human my dear. You are a warlock and you are no stranger to the warlocks. Everyone has heard about the warlock who believes to be human. Oh, my name is Hakyeon.'' the young man says and I am even more beyond confusion.

I can't believe that this man confirmed that I am no human, but that I am from a non-human kind. That means that my parents lied to me all this time, they never told me that I am something different. But how do the warlocks know about me? How did they manage to stay hidden?

''Wait! How does everyone know about me? I am confused and I can't even trust myself anymore.'' I tell him and tears stream down my face. Hakyeon snaps in his fingers and he takes a seat on the chair which just appeared.

''Taekwoon, your name is not a strange one among all the warlocks. All the warlocks know about you, they all kept an eye on you. But it's your parents who have to be put to blame, because they were hiding from you that you were different. They brainwashed you by saying that you were human, but you are a warlock. And yes, I know your name. Like I said, it's not a strange name.'' Hakyeon explains and I look at Minki, who is as shocked as I am.

I sigh as the tears keep streaming over my face. My parents have lied to me my entire life, they always made me believe that I was human. I hope that Hakyeon can teach me how I can train myself and how I can keep things under control, because I don't think that I can do this all by myself.

''Let me tell you this, Taekwoon. Everyone was beyond excited when you were born, because they were glad that another warlock has entered the world. But they were beyond surprise when they learnt that your parents decided to hide that part from you, they wanted to make you believe that you were human. In the years that you grew up, all of us kept an eye on you. Even I did.'' Hakyeon explains and takes my hand, which he turns as the palm is facing up. It's then that blue fire shoots out of my hand again.

''This is your power, Taekwoon. Your magic and us warlocks also have the possibility to control the magic of other warlocks. When you use some more magic, it turns orange. Just like actual fire.'' Hakyeon explains and I keep looking at my hand. I never knew that I was like this and I still am in disbelief, but I hope that I can find someone who can help me out to accept this part of my life.

Minki continues to finish his breakfast again and I sigh. I wish I was normal like Minki is, but apparently I am not like him. 

''H-Hakyeon? Could you help me out then? I need to give this a spot and I need someone who can teach me how to control my magic and stuff like that.'' I bring foreward when I look at him. Hakyeon nods and a smile appears on his face.

''Ofcourse I'd love to. Funny enough, I wanted to ask you the same thing. But that means that you have to move in with me, I don't think that I can let you live at your current spot. Lots of demons are hiding there and don't worry, I can use magic to get your stuff at my place.'' Hakyeon tells me and I nod. I look at Minki and I sigh, because I didn't know my life would end like this. But yeah, I must do this if I want to embrace this new life of mine.