QUATRE

I Am Different

At night, Hakyeon and I are having dinner together. Honestly, I never had any food before that I get here at Hakyeon's place. It's delicious, it's incredible. Minki also had great cooking skills, but this is even better. And Hakyeon swears that he makes this by himself and that he doesn't use any magic. Well, I'll keep an eye on him in that case. I need to see it with my own eyes.

''Are you okay, Taekwoon? It looks like something is bothering you.'' Hakyeon notices and I sigh when I look at him after I zoned out yet again. I never zoned out that much before, but I think it's just that I feel like I had ended up in a nightmare. I still can't believe that my parents took this secret to their grave, that they never told me that I am a warlock and that I am not human at all.

''There's so much going on in my mind right now, I don't know where to start. I still have no clue how I killed that demon in my friend's house and why those cat eyes are my warlock mark. It's a complete chaos in my head.'' I explain to him and Hakyeon places a hand on my shoulder, before he starts to smile at me. 

''I understand that it's a lot for you to take in, but it's not easy to accept it right away and to give it a spot. You need to give it some time. I am sure that you always have been a warlock, but that your parents have hidden this part of you. They must've thought that they did the right thing for you to keep this away from you, but the danger becomes bigger if you don't. You're unaware of all the danger in the world and now, you are a lot more aware. Like I said, every warlock has a mark and some are visible and invisible. Each mark is different. Yours are invisible, because they don't show up right away. Only when you use an incredible amount of magic and also when you're mad, so I think that your eyes will be visible more often. As for that incident last night, I think you tried to protect yourself. But instead, your true identity came forward and revealed itself.'' Hakyeon explains and rubs over my shoulder. Would my parents keep this away from me, if they knew that I would be exposed to it later on? There's still so much that I want to know.

He then snaps in his fingers and I can tell that the color of my shirt has changed to white. I chuckle, but my eyes don't leave Hakyeon. I want to know everything about this kind and I hope that Hakyeon can help me out to give this a spot, I can't do this on my own. I'm glad that the training is about to start tomorrow, because I can start to process all of this.

''But how did you know where I was?'' I ask him and Hakyeon's eyes connect with mine. He moves his hand to my hand and his eyes connect with mine. His eyes also change and his eyes are the same as mine, aside from the color. Mine are bright yellow and his are more orange.

''Warlocks always have a certain scent that only warlocks can smell. Us warlocks could tell that you didn't know that you were one, because you didn't respond to anything we tried to make sure that we caught your attention. Last night, your smell entered my nose again and I decided to look for you. At the time you were defending yourself against the demon, I saw all of that. I wasn't surprised at all, but I was glad that your true identity was revealed. I was determined to come and get you, so that I can take care of you. But I decided to let you sleep for that night and return the next morning, I wanted you to give it some time that night. Taekwoon, don't ignore your actual identity anymore. It doesn't make sense anymore to hide it and I am going to help you to accept who you really are. And on top of that, I must introduce you to creatures like vampires, werewolves et cetera. But don't worry, I will ask them for a careful approach.'' Hakyeon tells me and my mind is back into a huge chaos. There's so much about this kind that I don't know about, but that's where I have Hakyeon for.

I continue to eat and Hakyeon smiles as he continues too, not even caring about his hand upon mine. I have to make a call to Minki after we finish dinner, because I wanna know how he feels like right now. I wanna know what is going on inside his mind aswell, I hope that Minki is doing okay.

''What I have heard so far from you, I think that warlocks are an interesting creature. B-But how can I be a warlock then?'' I bring forward and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at me again. His smile, however, is a comforting one. So I think that it was right to ask this question right now.

''Your father must've been a demon and your mum must've been a human, you couldn't be a warlock if your parents weren't from those species. I think that it's your mum in particular who wanted to hide this away from you, I think that your mum wanted that you were going to have a normal life, but I think that the murder on your parents changed it.'' Hakyeon answers my question and I nod silently. That means that only my dad lied to me when it comes to how to be human, because he wasn't.

''The more you tell me, the more comfortable I become. I'm still in a state of shock, but it has disappeared a little. I am glad that you can answer all the questions that are wandering in my mind.'' I then tell him and Hakyeon rubs over my hand as his smile becomes brighter. The dark eyes that I first met, are no longer that dark. They became softer, but especially because I am a rookie warlock who still has to learn everything. Hakyeon is going to be a great teacher if you ask me.

''I am glad you feel like that, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon's face starts to become brighter and I finish my dinner. Geez, I never have had such a meal like this ever before. I hope that Hakyeon can make this more often, or at least something similar to this. I really enjoyed this meal.

Once Hakyeon finishes his dinner, he snaps in his fingers and the table is clean again as the dishes have disappeared. Hakyeon points to the kitchen and once I look into that direction, Hakyeon uses some magic to open the dishwasher to show me that everything is in the dishwasher. Wow, even Hakyeon uses magic for this. Is he that lazy?

''Alright Taekwoon, let's go to the livingroom and let's watch some tv together. And let's have a good conversation together, because I am sure you have more questions where you want answers on.'' Hakyeon suggests and I nod, before the two of us get up and we make our way to the livingroom. I am glad that Hakyeon is willing to answer all the questions that I have, I have so much to ask him.