VINGT

I Am Different

Asmodeus makes his way to me and an evil smile appears on his face. He places his hand on my shoulder and I immediately look at his hand, before I look back at him. I feel very uncomfortable around him right now and I want him out of my life, because he never wanted to acknowledge me as is son. He faked his death, while my mother was murdered. Which man would do that to his damn wife? Well, Asmodeus did. He is from Hell for no reason, because he never has known any love.

''It makes me proud to see how much you have grown as a warlock, it's makes me proud to see how much my son has grown.'' Asmodeus says and I don't even react. I keep looking at him without making a sound or without any movement. Asmodeus chuckles when he removes his hand from my shoulder. He then looks at Hakyeon, who looks like as if he is about to attack Asmodeus. Asmodeus is trying to seduce me or something, because he keeps coming after me. I want to know why, because he let me down and took my memories away. He wanted me to believe that I was human, while my magic was still present.

''Screw yourself. I never will call you my dad, after everything you did to me. And why would you send these warlock to me? Not to get to know me better, even though my name is known by every single creature.'' I fire at him as Hakyeon wraps his arms around my right arm. I know that Hakyeon is trying to pull me back, but Asmodeus will come after me anyways if I give in. Asmodeus starts to laugh in the mean time, but my eyes are still locked with his. This is something I need to fix myself and I can't ask Hakyeon for help, whether I am a rookie or not.

''Ya! What is going on here? And why are you here, Asmodeus?'' the voice of Minhee breaks out eyecontact as Asmodeus turns his head, to see Minhee stand behind him.

''Ah, the High Warlock of Seoul. It has been a while since we met.'' Asmodeus says as if nothing has ever happened. He lets go of my shoulder and it's then that Hakyeon pulls me back with him. Thank god that I am released from that devil, I don't want to be touched by him ever again. He never was really interested in me and he just let my mum die as if he never saw her as his wife. If that was the case, why did they get me and why did Asmodeus erase my memories? I don't take the 'just wanted you to be happy'' answer, because that is complete bull.

''Wish it would last longer before we would meet again, because I don't appreciate it if you touch Taekwoon if he doesn't want you to come any closer.'' Minhee says as he comes closer with slow steps. Asmodeus laughs yet again and the warlocks that used to surround him, sit down at the couch to watch the drama that is happening right now.

''It's my son, you should know that. And what gives? You don't have a connection with him like I have. Taekwoon is my son and it's up to me whatever happens to him, because I am in a higher position than you are. I can make a decision about Taekwoon, while you can't. If I want my son dead, I can take his soul away and he's gone. But no, Taekwoon is too precious for that.'' Asmodeus says and walks towards Minhee, as if he seriously tries to attack or to threaten Minhee. But Minhee doesn't show any emotion at all.

Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and it's then that I start to sob, because I now realise how dangerous Asmodeus is. If he wants me to die, he can easily take care of that. I need to get away from him, because he can end my life anytime soon. Maybe this was why he wanted me to forget about the life of a warlock, so that he can cut it short whenever he wants to.

''I-I wanna leave, Hakyeon. I-I'm scared.'' I whisper and Hakyeon streaks through my hair with one of his hands as I feel that arm leave my waist. I never felt this used before and I want to stay away from him.

''Minhee, can you battle this out with him? I'll take Taekwoon home okay?'' Hakyeon asks as he looks up to Minhee, who nods. I hear Asmodeus laugh, but he doesn't do much more than that. It's the second day that I spent in the gym, even this day is ruined. Can't I just spent one day at the gym like I hope I can? Minhee hums and it's then that Hakyeon creates a portal and teleports us home.

We make our way to the couch and I can feel the presence of someone in the apartment. Who came in without us being here? Oh well, I don't care now. I just need to ban Asmodeus out of my head, because I don't want him to cut my life short if I still need to get used to this life.

''What happened? Why is he so upset?'' the voice asks and I recognise it immediately... Byeongkwan. Vampires aren't supposed to stay awake right? Then why is he?

''Asmodeus appeared in the gym again and Minhee showed up later. Both basically are in a fight about Taekwoon and Asmodeus even threatened that he can kill Taekwoon if he wants him dead. So Taekwoon is very frightened right now.'' Hakyeon shares with him once we take a seat. Byeongkwan shows up a lot when you don't expect it. He enters the room after he gets the permission, because he apparently sat on the windowsill if I have to believe my ears.

Byeongkwan takes a seat on the other side of me and only sighs, but my ears are clear enough to hear some annoyance in his sigh. I'm sure Byeongkwan hates it what I have to go through, even though he shouldn't feel something like that. Vampires should be like a dead soul, but Byeongkwan is one of those vampires who is different from that.

''I don't think that Asmodeus wants to kill Taekwoon right now, because he loves to see you as the mini version of himself. Especially the fact that you have your hair at the same length as he has. He is a Prince of Hell, so I'm sure that he will accept offers that he will make if you want to keep him alive. But since Taekwoon is a rookie in this world, Asmodeus wants to keep an eye on him at first.'' Byeongkwan explains and I can hear a low growl. I never knew that vampires can be like this, maybe they can be different.

''Whether he wants to kill him or not, we must protect Taekwoon. Byeongkwan, we have to protect him. You have to convince the vampires to keep an eye on Taekwoon when we can't, because I am not ready to lose Taekwoon just yet and I think you aren't either.'' Hakyeon says and Byeongkwan hums immediately. Hakyeon starts to play with my hair and I close my eyes. I am very scared right now... of myself.