UN

I Am Different

It's 8 PM and shivers run down my spine. There's so much going on outside, I don't wanna know anymore. Since a Century, humans like me are no longer safe as Seoul starts to show cracks in its protection to protect its citizens. Vampires, werewolves, demons et cetera are rapidly changing the amount of citizens in Seoul. Little than 20% is human, the rest consists of those non-human creatures.

Tonight, I'm with a friend of mine. Choi Minki and I met at High School and have been friends ever since. I stay with Minki tonight, because there's no way that I'll spend the night at my own house. I'm scared that some of those creatures might break into my house and either kill me or turn me into one of them. Minki knows how scared I am, so he didn't mind when I asked him if I could stay with him tonight. But I also do the same for him. If Minki can't stay at home for some reason, I also offer him a place to stay for the night.

''Should we move away from Seoul? I mean, I don't wanna stay in here if Seoul is being taken over by those strange creatures.'' Minki asks and the fear is heard in his voice. Minki is scared of everything that is going on in Seoul and honestly, I can't help but agree. I don't wanna stay in Seoul much longer if this continues. I don't wanna be the only human in here in Seoul.

''I think we have to, because I don't wanna be a victim of any of those non-human creatures. I have to choose for my own safety, so I think that's better to leave soon.'' I answer and Minki smiles, because he is glad that I wanna move away from Seoul with him. I need to think about my own safety, so I think it's time to leave then.

''Let's discuss the rest tomorrow okay? Let's try to take some rest first.'' I tell Minki and he nods, before the two of us get up and we make our way upstairs. In the mean time, I hear people scream and I look at Minki in fear. Minki looks at me in the same way and we run up the stairs. We have heard those screams too often and it makes us feel scared more and more. So the question remains when it's up to us to be killed. I rather end up dead than to live as a non-human creature.

''Minki, hurry and get your teeth brushed!'' I yell in fear and Minki rushes to the bathroom. I run to the bedroom and I look out of the window to see a lot of people run around like a chicken without a head. I'm sure it's either those demons, those werewolves or those vampires, but it can also be those creatures together. Well, I'm not depending on those who call themselves Shadowhunters. They think that they protect us, but they don't. The more they fight against the demons, the more the humanity is doomed.

Within minutes, I hear something. I gasp and I hope that it's Minki. The door downstairs is locked, so it shouldn't be possible for demons from outside to come inside. Unless they have their ways ofcourse, but I hope that it's not one of them. But the noises become louder and it makes me wonder if it really is Minki.

''Taekwoon, what's that?'' Minki asks from further away, which already confirms for me that it's not him. So it means that there's someone else here in the house? 

''It wasn't me, there's something in the house...'' I say, but I can't finish my sentence, because a growling and nasty monster comes right at me.

''...a demon!'' I scream and I tiptoe to the wall, where I slide down. I can't flight, that's not a possibility. In fear, I turn my head away from the monster as my hands cover my face, palms facing the demon. I can't help but scream in fear. Right after that, the monster starts to scream. When I open my eyes to look again, it's like some blue fire is coming out of my hands and it's killing the demon. Wait, what? How can I do this? I look outside to see if the moon is affecting me, but the moon doesn't shine tonight.

Then, the demon bursts into a million pieces before those pieces disappear. I sit up straight and I turn the palms of my hands into my direction. What was that? How did I do that? Does this prove that I am not human? I don't know what to think, but I killed that demon.

Minki rushes into the room and his eyes widen when he sees what just happened.

''What was that?'' Minki asks as he makes his way to me. I raise my shoulders and I keep looking at my hands. I don't know what just happened, but this proves that there must be something wrong with me.

''It was a demon and it came straight for me. I killed it, but I don't know what just happened. Some blue fire came out of my hands.'' I tell him and Minki looks at me.

''D-Does that mean... that you're not human?'' Minki asks and I'm still shaking. I don't wanna know, but I'm in a state of shock right now. I don't know what to think anymore, so I wanna go to sleep right now.

''I don't know Minki, I am as shocked as you are. So I wanna have some sleep now, I need to get this behind me. I'm scared of myself right now.'' I tell Minki and I get up from the floor. The mess has disappeared and I can still feel how badly I am shaking right now, but I have to make sure right now that I get ready to go to bed. I rush to the bathroom and I start to brush my teeth. Then, the next thing occurs.

''MINKI, I AM SCARED RIGHT NOW!'' I scream in fear and within seconds, Minki stands next to me in the bathroom.

''Oh my god Taekwoon, your eyes. What are they? No way, those are cat eyes.'' Minki says after taking a closer look. I feel my heart beating faster and I immediately start to finish brushing my teeth, but I keep looking at my eyes. At the time they turn back to normal, I look at Minki. Does this mean I am not human? 

''I wanna go to sleep right now, so let's go. I just want this nightmare to be over.'' I tell him and Minki nods, before we make our way to our bedroom. Minki and I both have our own bedroom as the two of us wish each other good night, before I close the door of my bedroom. I make my way to my bed and I sit down on my bed, but I can't sleep due to the fear that rushes through my body right now. Some kind of power shot out of my hands and my eyes also had changed into cat eyes, how did that happen? I look outside and I take a deep breath. I hope that I can sleep, because I am really scared of myself right now.

~*~

A/N Here's the first part of I Am Different. Hope you guys like this Ren x Leo conversation a little.