TRENTE-TROIS

I Am Different

We're for an hour in the shelter of the vampires and I kinda wonder what takes Minhee so long to keep the demons away from me. I hope he'll show up soon, because I wanna know what had happened. I honestly start to fear for my kind, because Asmodeus isn't scared of anyone. And he wants nothing more but to bring me down, just because he loves to humiliate me. I hate it already to be the son of the Greater Demon and it doesn't make it easier for him chasing me.

''What is he doing here?'' Jennie complains and I groan as I look at Hakyeon. I don't wanna attack anyone right now, I'm just tired of running away from Asmodeus, I want to get to know myself better right now and I don't get that opportunity. I glare at Jennie when I look away from Hakyeon. Hakyeon wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer.

''Jennie, stop acting like that. These three are here, because Asmodeus has interrupted their party and he now is coming for Taekwoon. He wants to take Taekwoon with him to Edom, or so we think. Asmodeus isn't clear on why he is after Taekwoon.'' Byeongkwan defends and places his hands on my shoulder, since he stands behind the couch. Hakyeon is on my right and Taemin on my left, both have taken my hand in theirs.

Jennie continues to annoy the hell out of me with her whining all the time, but I'll leave it up to Jae Young. Jae Young is the leader of this clan, so he should take care of these vampires. I would love to go home, but we were told to stay at this shelter here. We'll see how this turns out.

Jennie manages to leave, much to my relief, and my head is resting on Hakyeon's head. Hakyeon's other hand goes to my cheek and rubs over it. Taemin tries to comfort me by rubbing over my hand with his thumb. A High Warlock isn't doing this for nothing, Taemin is doing this on purpose... comforting me. I may have fully accepted myself as a warlock now, I still am a rookie into the eyes of many warlocks. 

''Guys guys, there is a dead body outside and I wanna know if anyone of you knows who it is.'' an unknown vampire says as he enters the shelter. I raise my head from Hakyeon's shoulder and I get up from the couch, letting go of Taemin and Hakyeon. I want to know who that dead body belongs to, so Byeongkwan and I make our way outside and it's then that I see that it's Minki. No! No, this can't be!

''Minki, no!'' I rush to Minki's lifeless body and I wrap my arms around him as I pull him close. I can't keep my tears under control anymore and I let the tears stream down my face. I lost my friend, the only friend I had. I can't believe that he is gone now.

''Minki, come back! Don't make me believe that you're dead! Come back, I need you!'' I cry and it doesn't take long before I feel three hands on my back... Byeongkwan, Hakyeon and Taemin. I start to scream and I hold Minki's dead body against me. He really is cold, I don't feel any pulse aswell as any heart beats. If Minki would've turned into a vampire, I would sensed any of those symptoms. But no, Minki is gone.

''I-I need to give him the goodbye he deserves. I-I'm going to bury him myself.'' I continue to cry as I lift up Minki's body in bridal style. I turn to the three behind me with my eyes red from crying and the two warlocks place a hand on each of my shoulders.

''We'll go with you Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and I nod, but my tears prevent me from looking at them since my eyes are very blurry.

''I'm coming with you aswell. I want to be some support aswell, not just you two. And besides, Jae Young can miss me for now.'' Byeongkwan says as Taemin creates a portal and the four of us make our way through it, ending up at the cemetery where even my mother has been laid to rest.

''Follow me Taekwoon, I know the perfect spot for him. The perfect spot where even you can see it from a distance.'' Hakyeon says and we all follow him. The spot where Hakyeon referred to is an open spot and it's the perfect place to bury Minki. I can't believe that he has been killed and it's going to take a long time before I have managed to give it a spot. Taemin uses a spell and the grave is open for me to lay Minki to rest. I press a few kisses on his forehead, before I put him into the grave.

''Ave Atque Vale (Hail and Fairwell)'' I tell Minki's dead body as I get up and Taemin closes the grave. Then, I use a spell to create a stone above his grave. It's a black stone and his name plus his date of birth and the day he died are written in gold. Hakyeon wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close, before he places a kiss at my temple. 

''I'm sure that Minki is looking down on you from up there. Minki accepted you as you are, even when you found out who you truly are. So I think that a goodbye like this would be something he would appreciate, especially done by you.'' Hakyeon says and I burst into tears again. Hakyeon wraps his other arm around me aswell and I bury my head into his shoulder. I later feel a hand of Byeongkwan and Taemin on my back, as the two of them rub over my back.

''I think we should bring Taekwoon home, because he needs to take all of this in. I have known Minki a bit and Taekwoon was good friends with Minki, the two grew up together and Minki was there when Taekwoon started to notice that he wasn't human after all.'' Hakyeon says as he looks at Byeongkwan and Taemin. I know that we should go back to the shelter, but I don't want Jae Young to attack me with any questions about why I look so dead all of the sudden.

''We'll go with you.'' Taemin says and he creates a portal, as we end up at Hakyeon's apartment. Hakyeon and I make our way to the couch and once we sit down, Hakyeon holds me close to him as my head is still burried into Hakyeon's shoulder. Taemin and Byeongkwan take a seat at the chairs and keep an eye on me.

''I guess this is how it's like to lose a loved one. I never lost someone before, so I don't know how it's like. I also don't sense those emotions.'' Byeongkwan says as I lift up my head from Hakyeon's shoulder. Hakyeon streaks over my cheek with his free hand and kisses my forehead.

''I'm not leaving this place for at least this week. I need to the support for Taekwoon right now. He has gone through a lot already and this is something that is going to be his biggest trauma ever. Taemin, report that to Minhee if you are going to check up on him.'' Hakyeon says and Taemin hums in response, so that I can also hear Taemin's response.

I then look at Byeongkwan, who raises his thumb. Signing to me that it'll be okay. I know that vampires like Byeongkwan don't know how it's like to lose someone close to you, but I appreciate it that he at least tries to be supportive towards me.