TREIZE

I Am Different

As the party continues, I start to feel bored. I wanna talk to Minki, but Hakyeon doesn't let me. He doesn't want to let me go into the crowd, because I am not capable to keep my magic under control. I understand that decision, but he can't hold me back from Minki. Minki needs to know how I am doing.

Then, I spot Minki and he looks very lonely. He sits at the bar on his own and no one seems to pay attention to him, not even the bartender. Hakyeon is in a conversation with his warlock friends and I make my way to Minki without Hakyeon noticing that I left. I place a hand on Minki's shoulder once I stand behind him and Minki turns, resulting in a big smile from Minki as he wraps his arms around me to pull me into a hug.

''My god Taekwoon, I have missed you so much. It's so good to see you back. And wow, you even let your hair grow.'' Minki says as he lets go of me. Minki immediately takes his drink again and takes a sip from it. It feels good to be reunited with my best friend and I am glad that I can talk with him about the short time I haven't seen him, which still feels like forever if you ask me. 

''I... I also met my father. H-He faked his death, so that he could let me believe that I was human. But my dad is the Prince of Hell and I inherited all of this from him.'' I then tell Minki, whose eyes widen after I dropped the bombshell.

''P-Prince of Hell? Does that mean that you have demonic blood in your system?'' Minki asks and I shake my head. If that was the case, I wouldn't have the amount of human features I have now have.

I take a seat next to Minki and I order something to drink, since I can't use my magic yet. I only have had one training, but I am sure that Hakyeon will let me know when I am able to test my magic. Minki takes my hand in his and rubs over it with his thumb, but I can tell that he is really worried about me.

Once my drink arrives, I take a sip from it and I put the glass back on the counter again. I am sure that Minki will be even more worried when he sees Asmodeus, the demon who is my dad. I still don't like to call Asmodeus my dad, I still hate what he did to make me think that he was dead.

''If that was the case, I wouldn't even have human features though. But it's still sad that he just let my mother die, he didn't even do a single thing to save her. And yet, I don't get any answers to those questions.'' I explain to Minki, who still is in disbelief. Nothing is like it used to be, I am no longer what I used to be. And now that I'm dating Hakyeon, it confirms more and more to me that this life was one that I should've accepted since day 1. But am I supposed to do that when you have a father who fakes his death and just lets his wife getting killed?

It's then that I feel a hand on my shoulder and when I look behind me, it's Byeongkwan who joins us. Seriously? How can a vampire be such a stalker like this? Byeongkwan has to learn a lot before he can trust me and I am sure that he needs to take a long road if he wants to convince Minki.

''Well well Taekwoon, someone new?'' Byeongkwan asks as his eyes rest on Minki. I can tell that Minki doesn't like this at all, as he isn't used to receiving attention like this. If you get the attention from a vampire, you have to be aware. And since I don't know Byeongkwan that well, I still have no idea what to expect from him.

''Oh shut up, Byeongkwan. He is a friend of mine that I already knew before I discovered my actual identity. I already have a boyfriend, so hell no that this is cheating. And he knows that too.'' I shoot back as I look at Hakyeon for a second, before I look back at Byeongkwan. Byeongkwan chuckles when he receives my answer.

''Oh really? Hmm, I shouldn't bother that much then. Besides, Asmodeus asked me to keep an eye on you tonight. He is going to kill all of us vampires if I refuse this request. Even Changmin and Jennie have to keep an eye on you. Bye then, I'll see you at your boyfriend's apartment soon then.'' Byeongkwan says as he walks away from us. Minki looks scared when I look at him, but I comfort him immediately by telling him that he won't hurt him.

I take another sip from my drink and it's then that I feel another hand on my shoulder. Seriously, they can't leave me alone? When I turn my head, Minhee is behind me and a faint smile is on his face.

''Well well Taekwoon, nice to meet you again. Oh, I see you're with a new guy here. Nice to meet you.'' Minhee says as he looks over my shoulder to Minki. Minki carefully bows a little towards Minhee. When Minhee looks at me again, he steps a little closer towards us as he turns to us once he is close enough.

''M-My name is Minki.'' Minki carefully introduces himself and Minhee nods to accept the introduction of Minki. Minhee's hand still hasn't left my shoulder and he also keeps looking at my hair. What I always learned, is that you're doing something good if anyone keeps looking at you.

''Nice to meet you, Minki. I'm Minhee and I'm the High Warlock of Seoul. It's good to know that you already are good friends with Taekwoon here, I wasn't expecting that.'' Minhee says as I glare at him. Really? Oh right, he doesn't know about the friendship of me and Minki. He hasn't met Minki before, so it makes sense.

''W-We were already friends before I saw him like this. When he was living the so-called human life, we were friends for a long time.'' Minki explains before I can and Minhee nods in satisfaction as he looks at the two of us again. I hope that Minhee is leaving us alone soon, because I only wanted to have some time with Minki and not with anyone else disturbing us. But I am sure that Hakyeon is going to do the same too, as he doesn't want me to come near Minki anymore. It so-called might bring me in danger.

''I see, but I assume that Taekwoon also knows that he can't see you as much as you two used to?'' Minhee then changes the subject and Minki nods before he can even think. He apparently already has learned that after Hakyeon took me away from his place, I am relieved that Minki isn't that surprised about that. But he is about my appearance, I guess he needs to show up more often then.

''Okay, can I change the subject? You are dating, Taekwoon? Since when and who are you dating?'' Minki asks as I look over my shoulder into Hakyeon's direction. Hakyeon doesn't even know that I am looking at him, as he is still in a conversation with his warlock friends. When I look back at Minki, his eyes widen when he looks at me.

''Him? Hakyeon?'' Minki asks and both Minhee and I nod. I guess everyone knows about it now, but it makes sense that Minki doesn't. Because only the Downworlders know about this matter, the humans obviously don't. But why should they? They don't care, except for Minki then.