Chapter 9

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin got off the bus. Her foot was fully recovered. She turned back. “Hurry up, you guys!” she pulled Moonbin and Minho to walk with her.

“You sure are in full spirit to watch Hayoung play” Minho voiced. “Of course I am!” Yubin smiled. Minho glanced at Moonbin. He kept on looking away with his cheeks red.

“Why, dude? Nervous?” Minho teased. “He’s always like that when I’m bringing him to meet Hayoung” Yubin smirked. “Maybe you should try to talk to her today, Moonbin”

“Talk to her?” Moonbin quickly shook his head. “Yah, I’m really scared!”

“Chill. Hayoung isn’t cannibal. She won’t eat you” “Aish, this kid” he ignored Yubin who started to more.

They arrived at school and went to the gym that started to get crowded. They joined Seoyeon who already saved their seats.

“Hi, Minho-ssi” she greeted Minho who sat on her left. Yubin had pushed him to sit beside Seoyeon.

“Are you expecting someone else?” Moonbin asked as the seat on his left was empty. “That’s-“ Yubin who was on his right was about to answer.

“For me”

Moonbin looked up. His eyes narrowed. “You”

“Hi, you guys” Eunwoo waved at them with a smile. He sat on Moonbin’s left. “Why are you here?” Moonbin asked. “It’s my school” Eunwoo thought his question was absurd. “And my friend is playing. I told her I’ll watch her play so here I am”

“You never part away from us. Since we were little” Moonbin rolled his eyes. “Of course. That’s why” he took Yubin’s hand. “Yubin and I are close”

“Yah” Moonbin smacked his hand that Eunwoo let go off her hand. “Moonbin” she thought of reprimand him but stopped. “You had always been like that” Eunwoo smiled. “Yah, Yubin doesn’t mind our skinship. You should chill, Moonbin”

“What the” Moonbin rolled his eyes. “Aish, this kid! You better not create any scene. I’m trying to enjoy the game”

“Me too” Eunwoo jeered. “My friend is playing”

“So you do have a friend besides Yubin?” “Of course”

The school female player entered the court as the game was announced to start.

“That” Eunwoo pointed to Hayoung. “That is my friend”

“Hayoung?” Moonbin whispered. His face turned pick. Yubin saw his expression and laughed.

“Eunwoo” Yubin called. “Moonbin has a crush on Hayoung”

Moonbin quickly covered . “Do you have to tell him that?!”

“Ah I see” Eunwoo nodded. “But Moonbin” he smirked. “Better try to win her fast. Because” he paused. “Hayoung has a crush on me”

“What?!” He turned to Yubin to confirm the info. And Yubin nodded.

Moonbin froze in shock. His eyes glued to Hayoung. Yubin warded his hand off her. She laughed. “Yah, we’re just kidding”

Eunwoo too burst into laughter. “Yes. We’re just kidding, Moonbin. Don’t take it seriously”

“What the” Moonbin smacked both Eunwoo and Yubin on their shoulder. They whined in pain but he ignored them and focused on the game.

 

The female category ended and it was time for male players to play. And the crowd cheered louder for the handsome players.

“It’s our school against your school” Yubin said to Minho. He nodded in reply.

*Hope our school win!* Yubin thought. But her thought was disturbed. Her eyes widened. And so did Minho. A little gasp escaped her lips. *It’s them! They chased me and Minho the other day. Ungjae and Sang!*

Yubin met eyes with Minho.

*Only both of us know about them. Yubin told me not to tell Moonbin* Minho thought. *I know Moonbin will never let them go if he finds out they harassed his twin sister*

Yubin gulped but then nodded. *Don’t worry. They won’t notice me. They’re just here to play for their school* She turned to focus on the game again. But she could only focus on Sang and Ungjae and the memory from the incident.

The game ended and the spectators started to leave the school. Minho came to their seat again. Yubin was still there.

“Hey” he touched her shoulder as she was in daze. “Nae, oppa” she replied. “Everyone is waiting outside. You okay, Yubin?” “Yup. Sure. Why do you ask?” “Because you looked scared. Chill. Everyone is gone. I saw our school team exited the school. No worry. They are gone” he fixed his eyes to her. “Let’s go”

There was a tick-tock silent. Yubin stood. “Alright. Let’s go then” She followed him out. At the front gate, Hayoung, Seoyeon, Moonbin and Eunwoo were waiting.

“What takes you two so long?” Moonbin voiced. “Sorry” Yubin smiled sheepishly as she arrived at them. “Hey, I have an idea! Since all of us are here, why don’t all of us get some meals together”

“Great idea!” Hayoung voiced. “Let’s go” she slung her arm to Seoyeon.

“I would like to join” Eunwoo spoke. “But I have some family matter to attend”

“Ah, that’s too bad. See you around then, Eunwoo” Moonbin waved at him, more like telling him to go away. “This two just can’t stop teasing each other” Yubin chuckled. “Eunwoo, maybe we can go together the other time”

“You guys enjoy your time. I need to go now. Bye” Eunwoo waved as he saw his family car stopped near the gate. They watched as he boarded the car and the car sped away.

“So it’s just us” Minho voiced. “Let’s go then”

The five of them walked to the bus stop that was quite far from them. They didn’t wait long when a bus came.

“Wait!” Yubin eyes widened. She sprang up. The rest watched as she panicked alone. “Why? What’s wrong?” Moonbin asked. “My bag! I left them!” “Where?” “At the gym, I think” “Let’s go pick it up” “No” her eyes shifted to the rest of them. “I’ll go get it fast. All of you go there first. I’ll see all of you later”

No one could reply her when Yubin sprinted off, leaving them. They turned to each other.

“Yubin know the place. Don’t worry. Let’s just wait for her there” Moonbin spoke and boarded the bus.

 

Yubin entered the school compound and raced to the empty gym. “My bag!” she picked up her bag that she accidentally left at their seats. She checked the content and luckily nothing was missing. She sighed in relieve and stood straight. “Alright, let’s go” She walked out from the gym. *Ah, I almost forgot!* she headed to the academic building. *I plan to pick up my book from my locker. It’s a good thing I left my bag anyway*

“Yah! Red ridding hood!” a voice can be heard. Her head automatically snapped to the source of voice, behind her. “You” Yubin hissed.

“I really though we couldn’t get to meet you at your school” Ungjae voiced. “Since you have your knight in shining armour beside you just now. But now that you’re alone” he approached and curled a strand of her hair behind her ear. Yubin narrowed her eyes and warded his arm away.

“Fiesty!” he smirked. “Just my type”

“Oooh! So scary!” Sang approached her. “Now that that darn Minho is not around, this time we can have you all to ourselves” he grabbed her wrist. “Let’s go”

“Let me go!” Yubin yanked her arm free. She stomped on his feet again, this time harder. She sprinted ahead towards the building.

“Darn it!” Sang doubled over. With that, the two began to chase her…again.

Yubin ran into the empty hallway. Her steps echoed through the empty space.

“We won’t let you get away this time!” Ungjae’s voice echoed. Yubin’s stepped faster up the stairs to the second floor. She glanced back to see no one. Yubin then accidentally hit something in front of her that caused her to fall backward onto the floor. She looked up.

“Can’t you see where you’re going?!” Jihoon complained. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “Nah! Not a good time to ask. Run!”

“And why do I have to?” “The guys from the basketball tournament” she was panting as she stood. “They’re after me”

“Where are you little red riding hood?” Sang’s voice and steps ascend the stairs could be heard. Yubin gulped. She was suddenly dragged to run again.

“Jihoon! What are you doing?!” she reprimanded Jihoon. “You want them to get you?! Run!” he replied. The two ran along hallway.

Jihoon glanced back to see Ungjae and Sang. “Aren’t they tired of chasing?” Yubin shook her head in reply. She couldn’t say anything as she was panting hard. They ran to the upper floor and passed classroom. At the sight of a door left ajar, Jihoon pulled Yubin to enter.

Jihoon locked the door and looked up only to meet eyes with Yubin. She was close in front of him. They were in a small locker room full of stuff with not many space to stand. He could felt her breathing at his neck. Their steps stopped in front of the store room. Ungjae doubled over to catch his breath. “Come out will ya?!”

Yubin was startled with the voice she nearly fell backward. She quickly grabbed Jihoon’s arm. “Sorry” she whispered. Jihoon looked away, embarrassed. *I can even hear his heart beat* Yubin thought.

“I’m going to this side” Sang pointed ahead and sprinted off. “I’ll stay here” Ungjae leaned against the storeroom door. The small thud made Yubin jolted. She shut her eyes and gulped. Her hand curled into a fist. *Please don’t them get me!* Her heart raced in panic.

To her surprise, Jihoon held out his hand and patted her back. Yubin lifted her chin to him. Jihoon gave her a small warm smile to comfort her. She smiled and nodded.

“I couldn’t find her” Sang came again. “Really?” Ungjae sighed and pushed himself off the door. “Her new hero came and took her away”

“So should we continue to look for her?” “You bet! I’m not letting her go this time” “Let’s go then” Sang led the way. They ran up the stairs.

Their footsteps echoed through the empty school. Jihoon was staring at the door with his ears catching the echoes that started to leave them. “I think they’re gone now”

“I guess so” Yubin replied. “Hurry up, let’s go” Jihoon grabbed her wrist.

They ran out the school. Yubin glanced down at his hand holding her arm. Jihoon stopped. She looked up to him.

“You’re okay here, right?” he asked. *His face…* Yubin nodded without her knowing.

Jihoon released her arm. He looked away. “Sorry for…you know…just now”

“No it’s okay” her face grew red and didn’t look up to him. “Anyway, thank you”

“No big deal” he glanced at her and his eyes landed on her foot. “Your foot”

She followed his gaze.

“Heal already?” he asked. “Yea. It’s not a serious injury though” “Ah I see. Well” he looked at her. “See you later”

“Is that” Yubin’s voice made him stopped his steps. Jihoon turned to her. “The reason you didn’t prank me lately?”

They stared at each other for a few moments. Jihoon smirked. “You miss me pranking you is it?”

“What?” Yubin rolled her eyes. “I’m just asking. Don’t answer if you don’t want to”

“Don’t worry. I’ll prank you later. Just think as I’m trying to get more pranking idea” Jihoon saluted with a sly smile before walked away. Yubin narrowed her eyes as she watched him.