Chapter 28

Second Confession from Man In Love to Miss Right

Yubin got out of the house. She walked up to the hill and took out her phone. She called a person.

"Hello" she voiced. "Yubin, hello" Mrs. Park answered. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Jihoon is fine too" "Oh that's great. Why do you call?" "I have a question to ask" "Question? Go on. I'm listening" "It's about Jihoon" "Why? Did he bully you?" "No. Well, it's like this. He said he can’t eat spicy food" "That's right" "Well last night Grandma made Kimchi stew and Grandma's kimchi is always spicy. But he ate a lot of it. Is he going to be sick?" "Sick? No. It's not that he can’t eat spicy food because he's sick. Wait! You said he ate a lot?!" "Yes" "He kissed you right?" Yubin couldn’t reply.

"How do you know?" "Jihoon can’t eat spicy food because he's keen to kiss people when his lips felt too hot" Yubin was silent then she continued. "But will he notice that he kissed me?" "I don’t know. Usually he didn’t remember. He's weird right?" "Yes" Yubin chuckled.

"He can eat spicy food but don’t make it too spicy unless you want him to kiss you" "Aunty" Yubin's face turn red. "Okay that's all I want to ask"

"Take care of him for me. Bye" "Sure. Bye" Yubin kept her phone and looked around. *I'm lucky he's not around* She looked back at her phone screen.

 

 

"Yubin" Jihoon approached her. At the sight of him, Yubin remembered what had happened last night. Her face turned red in embarrassment. "Hey, Jihoon. I should be helping Grandma now. Bye" she waved and left him.

"What's with her? She had been avoiding me for the whole day" he sighed.

Yubin was about to finish washing the dishes when Jihoon came to her.

"Yubin, what are you doing?" he asked. "Jihoon" she quickly washed her hand and closed the tap. "I'm going to play with Zeus and Lyra. So bye" she left him again.

*What the- She can't avoid me all day* Jihoon grunted.

 

Yubin got off Zeus and caressed him with smile.

"Hey" Jihoon approached her. She turned to him but avoided his eyes. "I'm going to Grandma" she tried to walk away but Jihoon took her wrist and turned her to face him. “Yubin, you had been like this all day. Did I do something wrong? Do you still annoy with me until now? I already thought you as my best friend, you know. Stop avoiding me" he stated.

"You've done nothing wrong. I just feel uncomfortable" she took off his hand from her wrist. "Now, excuse me" she left him.

"Does she still annoyed with me for pranking her all these years?" Jihoon asked Zeus while caressed its head. His face saddened at the thought of Yubin.

"Grandma, what are you watching?" Yubin smiled as she sat beside Grandma who was knitting in front of the TV. "Some documentary. Hey" Grandma turned to Yubin. "Jihoon told me that you promised him to take him to the beach"

"He told you?" "Yes. And since you're not doing anything, why don’t you take him there. It's not a very long time until you two go back to Seoul. Holiday is almost over right?" "Now?" "Yes" Yubin did not make a noise to think. "I can't break a promise right? Okay then. But I'll take Zeus with us"

 

Yubin patted Jihoon on his shoulder while he was petting Zeus. He jolted a tad and turned to her with a surprised face. "Sorry for surprising you" she started. "Are you free now? I want to take you to the beach"

"Of course I'm free" Jihoon smiled as she started to talk to him. "Let's go now" he started to walk to the fence but realizing at Yubin not move, he turned around. "We're riding him there" she pointed to Zeus. 

 

 

"Hold me tightly" Yubin advised as Jihoon climbed onto Zeus. "Yeah I know" Jihoon held her shirt. Yubin took his hand and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Like this, get it? I don’t want you to fall" her face turned red.

"Wow, did you just confessed that you care about me?" Jihoon smirked. "No I'm not" she tried to ignore him. "Don’t worry, Yubin. I'll never let you go" he held her. She tried not to smile but a small smile formed on her lips. "Let's go, now" 

 

 

Zeus entered the beach area. Yubin stopped Zeus and they got off him. "Sit boy" she instructed Zeus to sit on the sand. Jihoon already sat on the sand, facing the sea. He let out a deep relieved sigh. Yubin sat beside him.

"Thank you for bringing me here" he voiced. "Sure. I can't break my promise right?"

"Why are you avoiding me?" "Avoiding you?" Yubin suddenly had the vision of Jihoon kissed her in her mind. "No I'm not"

"Yes you are. Did I do something wrong?" "No" "Then why is it?" "Maybe I'm too busy" Jihoon was silent before answered. "Yeah. Maybe" 

 

They enjoyed the scenery in silence. Jihoon took off his shoes and stood. "Where are you going?" Yubin asked. He nodded to the beach. "Let me join you" she took off her shoes and followed him to the coastline.

"I used to collect these with Moonbin" she squatted and picked up a seashell. He squatted before her as she picked up more seashells. He held out his hand and curled her hair behind her ear. Yubin looked at him in surprise but he gave her a soft smile. Slowly, she smiled too.

"Here" he put a seashell in her palm. "I'll help you"

Yubin smiled at him wider. He gulped as his face turned red with her smile. He avoided her eyes but then slowly replied her smile.